Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Luocha and Aventurine means I'll be breaking out the credit card for this banner. Luocha e1 is great for DoT team, and Aventurine is a necessity.

Edit: I just started the special program, but I really hate that Albert is gone. Having most of it be in Chinese means I have to try to read the subtitles, and that's difficult for me.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

Luocha and Aventurine means I'll be breaking out the credit card for this banner. Luocha e1 is great for DoT team, and Aventurine is a necessity.

Edit: I just started the special program, but I really hate that Albert is gone. Having most of it be in Chinese means I have to try to read the subtitles, and that's difficult for me.

Luocha feels straight up broken how he never needs to use his skill to keep the team topped off. Probably my #1 used character over the past year. Reminds me of how broken Bennet feels in Genshin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gently caress I need Acheron, her lc, AND Luocha???

This is gonna hoit

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kittenchops posted:

Luocha feels straight up broken how he never needs to use his skill to keep the team topped off. Probably my #1 used character over the past year. Reminds me of how broken Bennet feels in Genshin.

He's my most used character as well. He's never left my overworld team, I use him in every SU run, and he's always in MoC and PF. That's why I want his e1. I never bothered getting Huo Huo, and a 20% attack boost when his field is up is huge for DoT team. Aventurine is cool, but he only exists for follow-up teams. I'm honestly probably going to drop Fu Xuan between having these 2 and Gallagher. Though I'll probably mostly use Gallagher for the story.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this patch is going to be incredible

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I’m probably gonna get Acheron, skip Adventurine, and wait for Fu Xuan in 2.2.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Amusingly I've got all three and Luocha is my least used sustain option. He's great for when skill points are super tight, but in any other circumstance I'd use Fu Xuan or Huohuo and it turns out that's more often the case than not for me.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Danakir posted:

Amusingly I've got all three and Luocha is my least used sustain option. He's great for when skill points are super tight, but in any other circumstance I'd use Fu Xuan or Huohuo and it turns out that's more often the case than not for me.

Kinda true for me too. If I’m running a DoT team I’ll take Huohuo over Luocha. If I’m running a hypercarry, I’ll take Fu Xuan. It’s really just my DHIL team where I still bother with him.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
I told myself I’d grab the first 5* Abundance they turned up, so Luocha it is - sorry Huo Huo! My most-used character in the whole game is probably a friend’s Luocha (shoutout to Arya if they’re in the thread!) so I’m not too cut up about it.

Kinda glad Aventurine is turning up before the Fu Xuan rerun so I can see people’s thoughts on if he makes her obsolete. I really hope not, but it’ll be good to double-check.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I doubt Aventurine will power creep or make Fu obsolete in any way. Fu will probably still be objectively better simply for the CC resistance.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Thought I'd celebrate the stream by pulling on the standard banner as I was at 75+ pity and had Herta Store credit, and was instantly rewarded with Yanqing E3. Just leave me alone, dude...

Definitely won't have a 50/50 guarantee queued up by the next patch but that's fine. Happy to absent-mindedly pull on either of the new characters as both look fun enough but it's not as though the game isn't stacked full of good characters already. Acheron almost seems too good and might not open up new party comps, but that's the kind of talk that gets me Yanqing E3 I guess.

Glad to see tons of content coming, while there was a lot of content at first 2.0 didn't have much to keep me coming back once it was all done. More SU expansion modes are what I'm really waiting for, they hit on something magic with those.

PatentPending posted:

Kinda glad Aventurine is turning up before the Fu Xuan rerun so I can see people’s thoughts on if he makes her obsolete. I really hope not, but it’ll be good to double-check.

I feel like their roles will be pretty well-differentiated. There's only been one other limited 5-star Preservation thus far, they'd really be shooting themselves in the foot if there was much overlap. (Not that the Paths mean much of anything, of course...)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ah yes, hello Herrscher of Nihility

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

free Trapt CD posted:

I feel like their roles will be pretty well-differentiated. There's only been one other limited 5-star Preservation thus far, they'd really be shooting themselves in the foot if there was much overlap. (Not that the Paths mean much of anything, of course...)
Yeah, they do different things. Fu Xuan's SP profile is 100% consistent and her group buff is better, where Aventurine has the FUA synergy and higher personal damage, and an SP profile that'll vary wildly depending on the situation.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Ah yes, hello Herrscher of Nihility

Tell the world that she has returned as the Lightning Queen.

Though I wish she still had the horns, horny Mei is the best Mei.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Also, Aventurine uses shields which would be useful for SU preservation and against certain enemies. It's not like he's useless against CC, he does boost everyone's effect res (which is also helpful against dots).

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Eimi posted:

Though I wish she still had the horns, horny Mei is the best Mei.

That animated preview was plenty horny.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Almost forgot but: Tingyun mentioned! She's probably not dead, I guess. Though it'd be a good bit if they let it stick somehow.

Genovera posted:

Also, Aventurine uses shields which would be useful for SU preservation and against certain enemies. It's not like he's useless against CC, he does boost everyone's effect res (which is also helpful against dots).
It's tempting to get Aventurine just to deal with the new ape enemies, frankly. They almost feel designed for him where a lot of other options feel kind of awkward, at least for me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fu just tanks the ape like a boss. She doesn't give a poo poo.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

free Trapt CD posted:

Almost forgot but: Tingyun mentioned! She's probably not dead, I guess. Though it'd be a good bit if they let it stick somehow.

I think the best way to handle it would be to reintroduce her a a 5* of a completely different path and element who does not recognize us at all because we never actually met her

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I can’t prefarm for Aventurine, can I? This Garden of Plenty is just to mock me.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Give me a 5* Tingyun who can spam her Ult as a skill. Let's go

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like Luocha but he still struggles with high damage enemy turns, and I have to put my tougher characters with him for MoC vs who I place with Fu Xuan. I'm don't love having redundant imaginary sustains, but Aventurine is very cute and fun and I'm not interested in any other characters until Robin and Boothill, and I think I can get all 3 if my luck stays decent.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

free Trapt CD posted:

Almost forgot but: Tingyun mentioned! She's probably not dead, I guess.

That's all that she said?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dazerbeams posted:

I can’t prefarm for Aventurine, can I? This Garden of Plenty is just to mock me.

You can prefarm during Acheron’s banner but no, you can’t prefarm for him yet.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
"Well, I only really need two reruns to get my teams where I want them, and that's Luocha and Jingliu. I should be fine to save up for them no problem!"

welp

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Obnoxipus posted:

"Well, I only really need two reruns to get my teams where I want them, and that's Luocha and Jingliu. I should be fine to save up for them no problem!"

welp

Not reruns, but was weighing Acheron and Jingliu and thought there would be more time between them. I might need to skip Acheron, sure she could be strong, but we already know Jingliu is so why gamble with it. I guess if I win both 50/50 I could get them both, but I never win 50/50s.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Both are very strong but Jingliu already has the best team members she needs to shine (Bronya and Luocha) and isn’t as reliant on her personal LC as Acheron is. Acheron’s best support isn’t until supposedly 2.4, according to the leaks. On the other hand, Acheron is going to end up much more versatile in the end, since although on paper she’s a lightning DPS her ultimate causes weakness type damage regardless of if enemies are weak to lightning or not. Jingliu will do a lot of damage against ice weak enemies and she’s strong enough to brute force her way through MoC 12 at the moment but that’s about to change real soon, where matching your teams to enemy weaknesses will become much more important.

So do you want someone who is great but won’t really shine until later and will remain somewhat useful against any enemy type or someone who will shine now but isn’t as versatile and pretty soon you can’t throw her at every problem like you could before now?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Huh I never realized until now but all the way back in Kafka's character promo (https://youtu.be/AEUffI4nAIM?si=40KRrIdG3fyC4_tt) it turns out that it was Peacony this entire time. I'm hoping that she's the mysterious guest that was hinted in the streaming

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Selenephos posted:

Both are very strong but Jingliu already has the best team members she needs to shine (Bronya and Luocha) and isn’t as reliant on her personal LC as Acheron is.

This is being very generous because Jingliu's signature LC is easily a 20% boost in damage for her which is enormous.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eej posted:

This is being very generous because Jingliu's signature LC is easily a 20% boost in damage for her which is enormous.

Acheron’s is 30% and her next best cone is rare and… is actually on her LC banner anyway as Good Night Sleep Well.

So with both you’re losing damage if you don’t pull their signature cones.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't want Jingliu or Acheron even though I have Jingliu's best supports. I'm happy with my current teams and just want to make them stronger, though that does mean pulling for a few more characters.

DoT: Kafka, Sampo/Guinaifen, Hanya, Luocha

Follow-up: Topaz, Ratio, Bronya/Sparkle/future Harmony, Aventurine

Quantum: QQ, Sparkle, SW, Fu Xuan

Our General: Jing Yuan, Sparkle, Tingyun, Luocha/Fu Xuan/Gallagher

Physical: Argenti, Bronya, Lynx, Clara

I just need both Luocha e1 and Aventurine. I wish I could afford Topaz's lc too, but it's going to take the battle pass to give me enough pulls to gamble on Aventurine. I'm only about 20 pulls from soft pity on Luocha, so I hope I get him and 2 copies of Gallagher early.

I do want an ice dps, I just don't like Jingliu.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 16, 2024

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Acheron has cooler animations and a katana. The choice is clear.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Both Jingliu and Acheron are very gay too, Jingliu with Baiheng and Acheron with Black Swan. So the correct answer is to get both.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bad Video Games posted:

DoT: Kafka, Sampo/Guinaifen, Hanya, Luocha

What makes you use Hanya over Asta?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am so screwed on this patch. I want all four characters…those reruns are actually the worst possible time for me. With the top up refreshes at least I can make a dent in it (top up refresh is the gacha tax for me) but I really wanted to get Acheron some eidolons and her LC. Been an “only the best for Mei” follower in HI3 and Genshin so I can’t really stop now. Mainly I hope my poo poo luck turns around since I’ve been only losing 50/50s with no early 5 stars for a while now.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is Acheron’s lightcone good for other nihility people? I need a copy or 2 of GNSW but I know I will curse myself if I try to pull for it.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I was so scared they were going to put Topaz as the rerun with Aventurine. Thank god. That makes things easier.

Plus, since Aventurine is in part 2, that means we will get to know whether Topaz/another FUA is coming in 2.2, so FUA enjoyers can easily decide how hard to greed for Aventurine.

Along with the free Dr. Ratio and the (7 month old leak of upcoming character) extremely subject to change Harmony FUA/Break Trailblazer it seems like FUA is going to be very easy to build for F2P, for the foreseeable future.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

What makes you use Hanya over Asta?

I just like Hanya better is the bulk of it. Luocho is in the healer set for an extra skill point on turn 1, so nearly every turn I can spam Hanya's, Kafka's, and Sampo's skill. I remain skill point positive doing so, and I only start having to basic with Hanya or Sampo once Luocho has used his skill manually twice.

Also, Hanya's 30% damage boost is more consistent imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bad Video Games posted:

I just like Hanya better is the bulk of it.

Respect