Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I think it's very valid to wonder if she's going to go the same way as Punk. There's a lot of similarities. I doubt she'll flame out as spectacularly as Punk, but the ingredients are there.

Who are the people on the roster that Mercedes absolutely cannot be in the same building as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

what the hell?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

Who are the people on the roster that Mercedes absolutely cannot be in the same building as?

Saraya, it’s really sad actually

It just boiled over and Mercedes freaked the gently caress out and got into a fight with Ryo mizunami and pushed over a stack of monitors onto Tony khan

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The long and short of it is it's extremely weird to post real life fanfiction about someone having a professional meltdown and I would advise you to not continue the conversation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont care about the stories i want to see someone get hit with a chair

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont care about the stories i want to see someone get hit with a chair

:hellyeah:

There's a reason that wrestling in pop culture always without fail contains a chairshot and the simple reason is that chairshots are the coolest wrestling thing ever

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i dont give a poo poo about stories either. I want cool people to do cool moves and the real sicko poo poo.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
you'd all care about the stories if they had more anger and disappointment!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The long and short of it is it's extremely weird to post real life fanfiction about someone having a professional meltdown and I would advise you to not continue the conversation.

fanfiction and an obvious joke aren't the same thing, but ok

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wrestling isnt really suited for complex long term story telling since at any moment a titty tear will remove the wrestler from tv for a year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ashlyn_neville/status/1768836503977820471

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

fanfiction and an obvious joke aren't the same thing, but ok

It wasn't about you; you just posted right as I did lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am full of anxiety and am startling at shadows today apparently, my b

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ashlyn_neville/status/1766232870991905024

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Meanwhile one of WWE fans biggest stories that they adore is Gunther v Chad Gable over who is the better wrestler to the point they booed Sami Zayn.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

She mentioned the person who took her out of action for months and then came in at the end of the night to save her from a beatdown.

Yup. Do you consider that a strong or coherent angle?

rotinaj posted:

Oh god my stoned rear end forgot that I dug that article up because I wanted to see what the deal is with the guy overanalyzing every mention will ospreay has ever made of injuries and his body being beaten up, almost as if njpw is notorious for that

the issue isn't that he says any one thing that is particularly out there by itself, but that there is a pattern emerging of this guy being a dorkus malorkus

Maybe I just miss Babinsack and his New York Times level inane articles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Yup. Do you consider that a strong or coherent angle?

Yes.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fair enough. Lets see how it plays out.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Fair enough. Lets see how it plays out.

mg god you are so loving LAME

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think the story is that she wants to fight Willow to try and get her win back but sees Willow has a chance to become a champion first so why not help her and keep her healthy until she wins a belt so she can challenge her for it

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Most Power Alex posted:

It's almost as though professional wrestling was built around fan interaction and reaction until one company found this inconvenient.

I was at my local show today, wearing the newest shirt the guy I support had, and he saw me with it at the second row and reached out to do a handshake, it made me pop big.

He won the match too, going for the Greek Championship, he was on fire.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

I was at my local show today, wearing the newest shirt the guy I support had, and he saw me with it at the second row and reached out to do a handshake, it made me pop big.

He won the match too, going for the Greek Championship, he was on fire.

What a mark, making the whole show about yourself

I’ll bet you even chanted his name, you filthy casual

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

That guy is a total loon, if you look through his articles and his replies to comments on his articles you see a pretty clear picture of a troubled soul

hes a straight up freak.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Drakkel posted:

Because these people can only conceptualize wrestling through the lens of the Vince McMahon and Vince Russo, both men who hated "professional wrestling" and spent 20+ years pounding it into their fans heads that matches are worthless unless one of the competitors spilled coffee on the other before the match or whatever other dumbass car-crash bullshit they could think up.

It doesn't help that even when WWE had "good stories", they were always at the whim of Vince McMahon or his flunkies who would happily rip up months of storytelling if they woke up one morning on the wrong side of bed.

Like, seriously, what was in the lockbox that had Vince so spooked he sicced the Undertaker on Shane?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

TinTower posted:

It doesn't help that even when WWE had "good stories", they were always at the whim of Vince McMahon or his flunkies who would happily rip up months of storytelling if they woke up one morning on the wrong side of bed.

Like, seriously, what was in the lockbox that had Vince so spooked he sicced the Undertaker on Shane?

NDAs probably.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TinTower posted:

hornswoggle was in the box

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Shane’s booking plans, including raw underground and the 2022 royal rumble

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

yea ok posted:

That guy is a total loon, if you look through his articles and his replies to comments on his articles you see a pretty clear picture of a troubled soul

post hole digger posted:

hes a straight up freak.

Yes, if you have made better choices in life than me and have never read CSS comments sections, just know he's in all of them and everything he has to say is exactly like the quoted material.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

some say hornswoggle is still in the box

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Sasha haters are such a weird section of people. Some real yikes projections.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Shane’s booking plans, including raw underground and the 2022 royal rumble

"This is miles better than anything I could ever write; Taker, whack his peepee!"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

American Badass Taker would have been Raw Underground champion if it happened in the 00's. That would have been the shits and I kinda wish it happened.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

I'd like to see how the haters would respond to "Maybe it's just not for you." Like forget the casual fan. Day time soap operas could change their story to get the casual day time tv fan. Or they could put on a great show that the fans watching want to see and if the station airing it is happy that's cool. It's not always about the casual fan.

Edit: i mean rhetorically if that's the right word. They would just come up with another excuse.

Quid fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 17, 2024

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/gen_X_222/status/1768949924404527525?t=V5EaJ1NL9c5ZlKUorKpLnQ&s=19

lot goin on here

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HeHateMeSon/status/1768645642652438829

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The D in Daniel Garcia stands for DPRK.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh yeah. I remember when WCW went out of business and all those fans started watching WWE and still do to this day.

Wait I'm getting a report... ah yes those fans literally evaporated and never came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol I don’t think I have seen a better tipoff that the person not only does not know what they are talking about, but more than likely was not alive at the time in question and is making assumptions based on what they want to be true