Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Certainly when summer rolls around I take the time to put sheets of aluminium foil on my windows, else it gets oppressively hot in our bedroom.

But my money is definitely on grow op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm sorry. I'm diagnosed dyslexic so writing anything here takes a moment and I still make mistakes. I'll be more careful in the future with my a's and an's.

It was a honest mistake

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Not really.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Mebh posted:

Isn't there a home improvement thread somewhere in ask tell I could ask about it? There must be.

It's in with hobbies for some reason

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=210

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's very US centric though so expect lots of sodder, aluminum, 'code', gfci, and other such nonsense

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That reminds me, I still need to replace my lovely consumer unit with all rcbos. At least I have an isolator in front of it now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

all rcbos all the time is the standard now for domestic installs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wrong thread!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I wish rolladen windows or even just outside shutters were more of a thing here.

Outside shutters exist but for the price of shutters on 2 windows I could have put air cons into 4 rooms.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Window awnings are pretty effective at keeping heat from the windows. They also give a house a pretty neat look. At the least they make it easier for an AC to work.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

His Divine Shadow posted:

Window awnings are pretty effective at keeping heat from the windows. They also give a house a pretty neat look. At the least they make it easier for an AC to work.

Trees are also an excellent and easy way to provide shade. Maybe not the fastest but your kids will be thanking you.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah if the stat on your resistive electric towel rail is leaking water call a priest instead.

Ah yes you shouldn't have Direct Current at a wall outlet.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Who knows how the weirdo Euros do it. there's a reason we left

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Halfway through a book on Witches during the reign of James 1 & you could exchange much of the public 'hysteria' over witches almost word for word for immigrants / illegals / asylum seekers / refugees in TYOOL 2024.

I'm sure there's scope here for some kind of novel / film / series / drama paralleling then and now. (Not something I have the faintest talent for!)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Back to the theory that William is the father of Rose's twins, the twitter hivemind noticed that Rose Hanbury's 'eldest'* son was stood next to William for the official coronation balcony shot rather than George.

[*] As the twins were born at the same time by caesarian section, they chose the heaviest baby as the eldest child.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao heaviest baby as oldest. A lifetime of bullying the slightly smaller twin.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm slightly larger than all my siblings so even though my brother is 10 years older I guess I'm the Eldest Boy now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

you have a PhD you're the oldest brother by Nerd Rules

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Checks out.

Source: my PhD :smug:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

just wait and see which babies go bald

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

keep punching joe posted:

Lmao heaviest baby as oldest. A lifetime of bullying the slightly smaller twin.

If they are identical twins then you can't tell them apart by anything other than weight. The heavier one is always Morty and the smaller one is always Ferdy. If Ferdy gains weight then he becomes Morty. That's just how it's always worked.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Tesseraction posted:

in many ways I could demonstrate this against my little brother but if it came down to real brass tacks I'm fairly sure he could batter me

I'd give him a fair showing but this is how succession is really agreed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

harry would batter wills

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It is getting hard to tell who in this thread is still engaging with the 'Kate is dead' conspiracy for the ironic lols and who's genuinely invested.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

kingturnip posted:

It is getting hard to tell who in this thread is still engaging with the 'Kate is dead' conspiracy for the ironic lols and who's genuinely invested.

The monarchy operates on Hollywood rules. No one's dead until you see a body and even then they can sometimes get a replacement from the multiverse.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
DERRICK

I MUST SAY YOU ARE MUCH YOUNGER A MAN THAN I HAD EXPECTED, I DON'T MEET MANY YOUNG MEN NAMED DERRICK THESE DAYS, DERRICK!!!!

WOULD YOU CARE FOR A CUP OF TEA DERRICK? I SHOULDN'T WONDER THAT A STRAPPING YOUNG FELLOW AT HIS WORK COULD USE A SANDWICH TOO

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!A CUP OF COFFEE AND SOME FINGER SANDWICHES FOR DERRICK, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!! HE TAKES IT STRONG WITH NO SUGAR, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!! USE THE GOOD CHEESE, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS GLAD THAT HENRIETTA COULD RECOMMEND AN ENGLISH PLUMBER, DERRICK, WE HAVE BEEN HAVING A DEVIL OF A TIME FINDING ONE, THAT PHONEBOOK IS FULL OF FOREIGN NAMES, DERRICK!!!!!!!

THAT IS A STURDY ACCENT YOU HAVE DERRICK, WHERE IN THE NORTH ARE YOU FROM, DERRICK?

WELL... I DO HEAR YOU HAVE GOOD ROADS IN POLAND, DAREK

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

kingturnip posted:

im always genuinely invested in dead royals

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

crispix posted:

DERRICK

I MUST SAY YOU ARE MUCH YOUNGER A MAN THAN I HAD EXPECTED, I DON'T MEET MANY YOUNG MEN NAMED DERRICK THESE DAYS, DERRICK!!!!

WOULD YOU CARE FOR A CUP OF TEA DERRICK? I SHOULDN'T WONDER THAT A STRAPPING YOUNG FELLOW AT HIS WORK COULD USE A SANDWICH TOO

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!A CUP OF COFFEE AND SOME FINGER SANDWICHES FOR DERRICK, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!! HE TAKES IT STRONG WITH NO SUGAR, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!! USE THE GOOD CHEESE, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS GLAD THAT HENRIETTA COULD RECOMMEND AN ENGLISH PLUMBER, DERRICK, WE HAVE BEEN HAVING A DEVIL OF A TIME FINDING ONE, THAT PHONEBOOK IS FULL OF FOREIGN NAMES, DERRICK!!!!!!!

THAT IS A STURDY ACCENT YOU HAVE DERRICK, WHERE IN THE NORTH ARE YOU FROM, DERRICK?

WELL... I DO HEAR YOU HAVE GOOD ROADS IN POLAND, DAREK

and these are the posts you put effort into. lmao

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kingturnip posted:

why not both

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm invested but it's pure schadenfreude that i'm getting out of it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kingturnip posted:

you can read plenty of my posts wherein lies effort?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i do hope concerned older ladies are ringing the police and social services about kate because really society royalty should not be beyond their reach

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
can we get 99 threadbanned? these endless aggro posts are getting loving tiresome

i've long since had him on ignore (pissflaps was the only other person on that list) but people still seem to quote the oval office all the time

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe people are quoting me because they wish to engage with me?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm here for both

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

like I have no idea probably fuctifino is absolutelytly out of his tree and theres a normal explanation for all of it.

but it is a lot more fun if not... And they are doing their best to make it hosed up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is there a full timeline knocking about anywhere that properly documents the entire ridiculous smear campaign against Corbyn? Not just the anti semitism, all of it from the moment he started

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
iirc the first one was that he was an IRA supporter, during the leadership election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I need something to present that has all of it written down in one place. I've been talking to someone who's too young to really remember it, trying to impress upon them just how insane that period was and how completely the British establishment turned to crush him, and my own memory isn't good enough to properly describe it without just sounding hyperbolic.