Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dragons are always involved but you don't see a ton of them until endgame or late game usually. Like DQ1's final boss is a Dragon. VIII has them in a minor role in the game and are the entirety of the post game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I was introduced to the series with Dragon Warrior Monsters on gameboy and was both confused and offended when Nintendo Power was talking about some Dragon Warrior game where you play as a human with a sword the whole time and go around killing all the monsters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
loving lmfao
https://twitter.com/jack840A/status/1768441055534604758

kson living her best life, between two kiryus

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

kiryu would be an amazing lover if he knew what sex was

just imagine the heat moves he'd do

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beast Style :pervert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tiger Drop negates all damage

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/oSkGhri.mp4

i think i have to go sorcerer in dd2 after this. i don't have a choice :yeshaha:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Never played Sorcerer in DD might have to try it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what in the hell
https://twitter.com/AmongUsGame/status/1768689309467517409

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

You know the old saying "Strike once the iron has gone ice cold"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Chris Pratt not available?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good on Ashley Johnson and Randall Park for not having twitter accounts.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'm sure that show will be moderately popular.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Hogama posted:

There's only technically one augment that's NG+ - Limit Break, which increases a character's damage cap to 99999, is obtained for completing a playthrough (which means you can only have two, total, on a file). There's a few that would come late in a playthrough (e.g. Treasure Hunter, which needs 100% map completion of every dungeon), but there's no other Augments that are straight out locked behind New Game+.

I remember being upset but now I'm unsure why. Maybe it was just the general obscurity of how the system works.

Captain Invictus posted:

loving lmfao
https://twitter.com/jack840A/status/1768441055534604758

kson living her best life, between two kiryus

The horniest she's ever been in the presence of a man.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

im having a great time with it, right now my main problem is i have hired pawns that are too defensive in their behavior and mostly just stand next to me, instead of going forward and attacking and letting me hang back and cast :mad:

also instead of dodging you get to jump and levitate away which is pretty fun. and funny. like vwooooop goodbye

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/ninja_2029/status/1768734392074056137?s=46

It appears 2024 is the year of horny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New Dead or Alive looking good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I decided to get dragons dogma 2. I am really looking forward to climbing ontop of a cyclops and stabbing it in the eye!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They discovered dark matter is actually just light getting tired, forces of nature get a little sleepy when they get old, just like us.

The universe is also twice as old as we thought it was.

The above is just another physics discovery exciting scientists lately.

All thanks to the JWST.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Khanstant posted:

They discovered dark matter is actually just light getting tired, forces of nature get a little sleepy when they get old, just like us.

All thanks to the JWST.

Link plZzzzz

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

honey put those things away. someones gonna lose an eye

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

as my grandma would have said, ooh she's got her dinners flappin'!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

New Dead or Alive looking good

I wish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

All thanks to the JWST.

Wanna know more about the sleepy light!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sorry I had a better site yesterday but searching for news on phone is a nightmare. This has links to the actual paper too.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240315160911.htm

https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2023/...%20to%20detect.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2024

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm basically always skeptical of new theories that claim to junk dark matter entirely, and tired light is, at best, a fringe astrophysical theory that lacks support from observational evidence

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat I played the first one of that like 15 years ago

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

personally I think mage and sorcerer in DD is boring bullshit. DD has really good combat but magic classes don't get to participate in it, it's mostly just holding down a button until you can see the animation. currently setting up a magic archer and doing the awful slog of getting the mage and sorcerer damage augments and it's kinda miserable

here's the secret no one tells you. making your pawn a sorcerer is just as good because you still get to see the animations but also get to actually play the game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sakurazuka posted:

drat I played the first one of that like 15 years ago

the first vindictus mmo is still going and makes all of its money from selling loot crates with boobie skins to its small audience of long term players

when they ran out of ideas for new outfits they started just rereleasing older outfits but with bigger boobs and more jiggle physics and that kept it going for another few years

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think almost every single terrible free to play MMO I played in 2003-2008 are all still alive somehow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Vermain posted:

i'm basically always skeptical of new theories that claim to junk dark matter entirely, and tired light is, at best, a fringe astrophysical theory that lacks support from observational evidence

As I understand it this is observational evidence for a different theory and framework. I was anthropomorphizing, not referring to "tired light theory" and the stuff in the articles has a more specific name that is less easy to remember.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

As I understand it this is observational evidence for a different theory and framework. I was anthropomorphizing, not referring to "tired light theory" and the stuff in the articles has a more specific name that is less easy to remember.

the first article actually does use "tired light" theory, which was an attempt to explain redshift as a consequence of photons losing energy via physical interactions. i dunno if they're attempting to rehabilitate the idea or just using it in a different way than what it's been used as historically, but it'd be a strange conjecture given that it's hovering in the same theoretical twilight zone as stuff like MOND

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

personally I think mage and sorcerer in DD is boring bullshit. DD has really good combat but magic classes don't get to participate in it, it's mostly just holding down a button until you can see the animation. currently setting up a magic archer and doing the awful slog of getting the mage and sorcerer damage augments and it's kinda miserable

here's the secret no one tells you. making your pawn a sorcerer is just as good because you still get to see the animations but also get to actually play the game

i feel like i've missed out on a big part of the game by only playing MA related vocations (though i dipped into some others for augments), so i'm thinking i might go fighter when i eventually get DD2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started playing Death Stranding again. I completed the main story way back at launch, but am doing it again with the new DLC content, and this time I want to complete most if not all of the side deliveries. Just super hyped for Death Stranding 2.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dark matter and dark energy were made to be junked, they exist as a proxy for the discrepancies between theory and observation and our inability to observe 100% of the universe. As we understand more, the two converge, and the dark categories will get gradually squeezed out as more matter and energy are accounted for

Like, the pioneer anomaly was theorized to be all kinds of things but it was never more specific than “the thing that’s making the probe do that” for the entire process until someone explained the observations and now there is no anomaly, just previous underinformed calculations

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

i feel like i've missed out on a big part of the game by only playing MA related vocations (though i dipped into some others for augments), so i'm thinking i might go fighter when i eventually get DD2
MA is fun at least, provided youre playing with daggers and not staves because the dagger moveset is really good. I think all the vocations in DD are good its just that playing a hard spellcaster is intensely boring in a way that I hope DD2 rectifies

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

Dark matter and dark energy were made to be junked, they exist as a proxy for the discrepancies between theory and observation and our inability to observe 100% of the universe. As we understand more, the two converge, and the dark categories will get gradually squeezed out as more matter and energy are accounted for

sure, and i try to keep an open mind towards new theories, especially in light of weird observations like the highly redshifted JWST stuff, but the concept of dark matter as a physically existing phenomenon has enough observational evidence behind it that i'm highly skeptical of any approach that throws the baby out with the bathwater

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

MA is fun at least, provided youre playing with daggers and not staves because the dagger moveset is really good. I think all the vocations in DD are good its just that playing a hard spellcaster is intensely boring in a way that I hope DD2 rectifies

i think i'm majorly over leveled anyway so it's not that important, but i'm not sure how to balance my magick and strength since i'm taking advantage of both the bow and dagger

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the big change to spellcasting in dradog 2 seems to be that your spell reticule decreases in size as you charge it up, so there's more of a minigame in attempting to position yourself so that you hit the sweet spot on enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

i think i'm majorly over leveled anyway so it's not that important, but i'm not sure how to balance my magick and strength since i'm taking advantage of both the bow and dagger
if youve leveled any of the non magic classes at all you're probably fine, pretty much everything has good physical attack stat growth