Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a target HP goal most people shoot for? Right now I’m at ~1500 HP and resistance capped on my Falconer for corruption 250 monoliths, which with my bird’s life leech is enough to withstand most first hits but still rather fragile against a lot of boss attacks. In this kind of kill or be killed environment, stacking Endurance seems somewhat useless. I have 35 crit resistance and recently picked up some boots that reduced critical hit damage by 45%, which seemed to make a huge difference. So I’m beginning to think crit mitigation is probably the most important EHP stat in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im starting to like merchants guild

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What is the currency next to the gold? Reputation?

Is there anything special about cof items themselves? Like do they come with better stats, higher ranges, etc? Doesn't seem like it at a cursory glance of my stuff.

Thinking about it, I guess there HAS to be a difference.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 16, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
CoF has a lot more items drop between the passive buffs from leveling up in reputation and utilizing Prophecies to target farm item types.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phobeste posted:

one gives you access to the market, the other gives you buffs for finding drops. it opens up halfway through act 9 which i think you're really close to. after you get to it once (per season?) subsequent alts can join factions at the first town. worth doing
They don't get access to the faction zone until getting there normally, though, so you'll need help form somebody else to skip to the waypoint or something if you don't want to play the campaign up to chapter 9 again. Circle at least has some useful passive bonuses during the campaign, I guess.

Kaddish posted:

What is the currency next to the gold? Reputation?

Is there anything special about cof items themselves? Like do they come with better stats, higher ranges, etc? Doesn't seem like it at a cursory glance of my stuff.

Thinking about it, I guess there HAS to be a difference.
There are some rank passive buffs like "increased chance for an item to be Exalted" but mostly it's the prophecies and just getting more stuff. The ones marked with the "faction required" mark are just ones that wouldn't have dropped without being in the faction.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zereth posted:

They don't get access to the faction zone until getting there normally, though, so you'll need help form somebody else to skip to the waypoint or something if you don't want to play the campaign up to chapter 9 again. Circle at least has some useful passive bonuses during the campaign, I guess.

There are some rank passive buffs like "increased chance for an item to be Exalted" but mostly it's the prophecies and just getting more stuff. The ones marked with the "faction required" mark are just ones that wouldn't have dropped without being in the faction.

Well dang. Disappointing!

Do runes of removal give back more shards compared to shattering?

I think removal is based on tier and shattering is random? Or possibly random up to the tier level?

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 17, 2024

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Well dang. Disappointing!

Do runes of removal give back more shards compared to shattering?
Runes of Removal give back all of the shards, of one of the affixes at random, and cost forging potential. EDIT: Yeah, shattering gives a random amount of each affix up to the tier, and I think is guaranteed to give something.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's guaranteed to give you at least 1 shard period, which of course means if you're gambling with it the Rune will completely skip over the one affix you wanted shards from.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

It's guaranteed to give you at least 1 shard period, which of course means if you're gambling with it the Rune will completely skip over the one affix you wanted shards from.
Yeah. :negative:

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a target HP goal most people shoot for? Right now I’m at ~1500 HP and resistance capped on my Falconer for corruption 250 monoliths, which with my bird’s life leech is enough to withstand most first hits but still rather fragile against a lot of boss attacks. In this kind of kill or be killed environment, stacking Endurance seems somewhat useless. I have 35 crit resistance and recently picked up some boots that reduced critical hit damage by 45%, which seemed to make a huge difference. So I’m beginning to think crit mitigation is probably the most important EHP stat in the game.

I burn out on characters by the time skills hit 20 and interesting progression dries up, so I have no clue how to survive high corruption since I’ve never been there. I can add, though, that endurance is supposed to be a kind of one-shot protection. It activates and applies to any damage below the threshold even if you weren’t below it when you took the initial hit. The issue is that scaling endurance threshold is hard, but I think falconer has a passive that might make the stat more relevant.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I burn out on characters by the time skills hit 20 and interesting progression dries up, so I have no clue how to survive high corruption since I’ve never been there. I can add, though, that endurance is supposed to be a kind of one-shot protection. It activates and applies to any damage below the threshold even if you weren’t below it when you took the initial hit. The issue is that scaling endurance threshold is hard, but I think falconer has a passive that might make the stat more relevant.

Pre release I only ever got one character to empowered monoliths. I'm on my third character now since release and 2 of them are in empowered and I'm still playing the third one (Wraithlord) as I'm still in the low 80's level and to me it really slows down about level 90. My VK is level 92, and I kinda stopped playing my Warlock at 78'ish, although he could easily push empowered I'm sure and I may go back and play her some more when I burn out on the Wraithlord, unless I have another alt I feel like leveling.

I really enjoy the leveling process when you are constantly improving things, and for whatever reason getting blessings never felt the same to me, but this time chasing all the blessings has also satisfied my urge for improvement I guess. Also with CoF I'm getting a lot more loot which certainly helps. I really need to make a much better loot filter for the wraithlord.. I'm mostly leaving most decent stuff visible and highlighting key items/affixes I want right now, which leaves the screen pretty busy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My mage build is all about placing one giant screen covering Glyph and I feel like an anime protagonist.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

My very first slam on a 1LP Exsanguinous could have certainly gone a lot worse.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I haven't done any legendary crafting yet but I have one LP1 unique that I'd like to craft into a legendary.

Does an LP1 unique grab one random affix from an Exalted item?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So if I swap from CoF to the merchant guild, if i were to switch back does it reset to zero? Also is there a website to check prices before I make this decision?

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
you retain your faction level on the character when you switch, the only impediment is that you cant switch factions while using gear that has the opposite faction tag on it

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I haven't done any legendary crafting yet but I have one LP1 unique that I'd like to craft into a legendary.

Does an LP1 unique grab one random affix from an Exalted item?

Yup. The unique will take a random number of affixes from Exalted based on its LP, aside from the sealed affix if any. And the Exalted has to have four affixes, so ideally they're all as high-level as possible and useful for the unique.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Noper Q posted:

Yup. The unique will take a random number of affixes from Exalted based on its LP, aside from the sealed affix if any. And the Exalted has to have four affixes, so ideally they're all as high-level as possible and useful for the unique.

That's 4 affixes not including the purple one right?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

That's 4 affixes not including the purple one right?

Including the purple one. On my screenshot above that's a T6 (I think) health roll, or the purple one. The sealed affix (if any - the 5th one you can seal off with crafting) isn't available for the slam.

So I had 4 affixes on my Exalted chest, and the health was the only purple (exalted, i.e. T6 or T7) affix, and that's the one I got on my 25% dice roll.

E: If you had an Exalted item with 3 T6+ affixes, all those would be available to go onto the Legendary item.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

The Locator posted:

Also I suppose I can bonk snake lady on the head for +1 attributes.

Wait what? Theres a permanent stat change tied to killing the campaign boss?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Leveling alts is easy as heck if you have access to monoliths or especially empowered monos on a character - there are at least half a dozen level 0-6 uniques that are all common; slam a level 6/7 affix in them and go to town. 1-2 LP items are fine so you don't need to bust rear end getting the best of the best, and generally stuff like t6/7 flat damage/armor/attack speed will let you just mulch stuff until you get to at least 50-60 and you can start slotting in build items. Easiest run is to do I think acts 1-7 and then go run monos; beeline Majasa for the +1 stats bonus when you get a Temporal key and feel like it. It's a little faster and pretty much just as easy to do (I think?) acts 1-5 until you get & finish the Sapphire Tablet quest (which also conveniently lands you next to the Temporal waypoint), run monos until you find a key, run Temporal, and then complete all of the Act 9 sidequests & main quest and you're done.

Mikojan posted:

Yes, +1 to all attributes for finishing it. Isn't a lot but hey, free stats

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 17, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Mikojan posted:

Yes. It was a pretty exciting fight on my level 84 Wraithlord necro. She basically never moved, just fell over dead in both phases.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Right I'll make a note of it to always do the last act after the dungeon skip then. Unlocking both the CoF/trade waypoint and the last boss then.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

exquisite tea posted:

On falconer you want crit strike avoidance because it scales with your bird over 100% with "Finesse Them" passive. At the least you should aim for 100% to not get crit from mobs.

That's achievable with 7 points in Finesse Them giving you 35% and a 65%+ roll from the Blessing: Grand Survival of Might from the Reign of Dragons monolith

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there a limit to how much stuff I can list in the merchant guild? I've just been chucking all sorts of poo poo in at basically random prices because I have no real idea how much a lot of mid quality rare/exalted stuff is worth, should I ever bother cycling stuff out?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

My mage build is all about placing one giant screen covering Glyph and I feel like an anime protagonist.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bring back old cyclone aoe ggg

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Awesome! posted:

bring back old cyclone aoe ggg

ggg... ?

Wrong game, thank god. :D

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i figure there is enough crossover to import jokes

is there any benefit to doing the arena over grinding monoliths? i have a whole lot of keys at this point and not much desire to grind a leaderboard. is it good exp or something?

E: I did like 75 waves and got 10% of level 93 so no the exp is not particularly good. so arena keys are basically 175 gold drops. cool, real glad they are all over the monolith rewards.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 17, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sweetgrass posted:

you retain your faction level on the character when you switch, the only impediment is that you cant switch factions while using gear that has the opposite faction tag on it

Oh lame. I knew I wouldn't be able to sell stuff I got while in the other guild but didn't realize it would need to totally re-gear myself.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For prophecies, do I have to do the tier they specify or can I do a higher one as well? Similarly for ones that specify a corruption level.

Edit - simple enough to test, it does seem to apply to lower tiers

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 17, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh man. I knew that crafting Legendaries required the base type to match, but I thought that was just like "1h melee weapons", not "1h Axes" or whatever specifically.
Been collecting so many useless Exalted items in that case...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Deformed Church posted:

Is there a limit to how much stuff I can list in the merchant guild?

I'm at 1200+ listed. no issues still

Sab669 posted:

Oh man. I knew that crafting Legendaries required the base type to match, but I thought that was just like "1h melee weapons", not "1h Axes" or whatever specifically.

yeah it's same "type" which matches the types in the loot filter

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What's the best way to get a bad suffix off an exalted item? I've been saving up a lot of boots that have +health or +hybrid health, but trying to get both on 1 is difficult. Rune of Removal has a 75% chance of hitting the wrong thing and eating a bunch of forge potential, and a 25% chance of hitting the exalted affix and ruining the whole item. Sealing the affix can work, but glyphs of despair are rare, and it doesn't work if the affix is higher tier. Am I supposed to just keep doing those until I get lucky and get a keepable one?

Prefixes are easier to get rid of, because I want to turn one of them experimental anyway but I'm not sure how to get a good exalted boots.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

The Locator posted:

Yes. It was a pretty exciting fight on my level 84 Wraithlord necro. She basically never moved, just fell over dead in both phases.

I got lucky with a Rune of Ascension and got a wraithlord helmet myself, and holy poo poo is it hilariously op. I'm a little sad that I don't have my swarm of minions, but the one giant wraithlord that straight up annihilates everything is definitely good enough to compensate.

At some point I might experiment with using the wraithlord to actually summon wraiths for me, but I doubt that would be nearly as strong. There's also the problem that it nukes the rest of the minions, so it's not like you can get any use out of an army alongside it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Does it matter if my echoes contain an incomplete path?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A Moose posted:

What's the best way to get a bad suffix off an exalted item? I've been saving up a lot of boots that have +health or +hybrid health, but trying to get both on 1 is difficult. Rune of Removal has a 75% chance of hitting the wrong thing and eating a bunch of forge potential, and a 25% chance of hitting the exalted affix and ruining the whole item. Sealing the affix can work, but glyphs of despair are rare, and it doesn't work if the affix is higher tier. Am I supposed to just keep doing those until I get lucky and get a keepable one?

If you’re rich, glyph of despair. If you’re a betting man, glyph of chaos. If you’re YOLO, rune of removal. Something to keep in mind is that the glyphs level up the stat as well so you get fewer chances with a higher rolled bad affix.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yeah you just gotta gamble.

if it's t1 on an exalted item with full affixes, despair will remove it. if it's T2 instead, you have about a 70% chance to remove it. at T3, it's 35%. then finally 15%.

trying to chao it might also be ok if that slot has a low number of affixes to pick from and you're worried about forge potential. around T3/t4 I start considering this route.

and if it's t5, rune of removal.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

I got lucky with a Rune of Ascension and got a wraithlord helmet myself, and holy poo poo is it hilariously op. I'm a little sad that I don't have my swarm of minions, but the one giant wraithlord that straight up annihilates everything is definitely good enough to compensate.

At some point I might experiment with using the wraithlord to actually summon wraiths for me, but I doubt that would be nearly as strong. There's also the problem that it nukes the rest of the minions, so it's not like you can get any use out of an army alongside it.

Your army of minions makes the wraithlord massively stronger and tankier. You should always be summoning "something" for your wraithlord to eat. I generally re-cast dreadshade on cooldown (it's 18 seconds so not terribly often) and then bone-curse with bone prison and maxed out Ossify giving each of the bone prison 'minion' segments +2500 health. When your wraithlord eats the minions it uses all that health to buff itself, and also hits more than twice as hard. I was using summon volatile zombie with 2/2 Dreadful Horde for 6 zombies per cast, 2/2 Vile Force for 2 corpse parasites on zombie death, and Shepard of Thralls for larger explosions and creates a Skeleton Vanguard on death. I think it might have been stronger than my current setup and I'm planning to swap back now that I'm in corrupted to test it further, but the cooldown was significantly longer than bone curse. It's great for clearing trash though as the zombies all still explode when the wraithlord nukes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I decided to run with a single giant volatile zombie with the area jacked up tremendously. It seems to work fairly well for now, and while the mana cost is high, I don't have anything else to really spend mana on. Since there's no cooldown on summoning it, and the wraithlord likes to explode it almost immediately, it's basically a point blank aoe that gives me a huge chunk of ward and debuffs the enemy. It also excels at clearing out small crowds, so the enemies that the wraithlord is least suited to killing super quickly are perfect targets for the zombie instead.