Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Skipped the last 30 posts cause it looked like major tedious boring bullshit but lol holy poo poo that tag team match was the most WWE-brained sack of crap I've ever seen. Sure am excited to see Infantry wrestle FTR after they got the absolute brakes beaten off of them and only won because of 1) A lazy cocky cover after a finisher, 2) Pulling a guy out of a pin after another finisher, 3) Another guy interfering to knock them out, 4) A desperate one arm draped over pin without even doing any moves in between the other guy interfering. What a terrible, terrible, terrible start to this tournament. Keep that crap off of my Collision, Tony!

Besides that, Collision rocked as per usual. I can't believe Copeland cut a "sitting on a stool under a spotlight talking about THAT PLACE" promo but it kinda loving ruled.

Also Mone uploaded her theme. I didn't even hear her rapping on TV, drat, she's good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVMG95YYBE

The CEO chants sound really silly when not amplified by a crowd doing it, but yeah, she's p. good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Didn’t read the last page but scrolled past what looked like some dogshit stupid posts. Lets try to do better ✅

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

TV is a sludgy medium built around advertising and AEW now produces 4 hours of live TV a week, 52 weeks a year. It's fine to say "don't watch when it's boring", when the product is built around "it's live, watch it now, anything could happen at any time".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Didn’t read the last page but scrolled past what looked like some dogshit stupid posts. Lets try to do better ✅

you was right

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I personally stopped touching the hot stove many years ago and i feel better for it. There is unlimited wrestling to watch if aew sucks there is always njpw tv 1986 the best year of tv wrestling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the ospreay promo has made me look forward to his match against a guy who always loses on PPV, that's story enough for me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Skipped the last 30 posts cause it looked like major tedious boring bullshit but lol holy poo poo that tag team match was the most WWE-brained sack of crap I've ever seen. Sure am excited to see Infantry wrestle FTR after they got the absolute brakes beaten off of them and only won because of 1) A lazy cocky cover after a finisher, 2) Pulling a guy out of a pin after another finisher, 3) Another guy interfering to knock them out, 4) A desperate one arm draped over pin without even doing any moves in between the other guy interfering. What a terrible, terrible, terrible start to this tournament. Keep that crap off of my Collision, Tony!

This is what I'm talking about when I say we could all become better fans through Buddhism. You can fix this in yourself.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

yea ok posted:

Peanut Brain

transphobia

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Please do not make weird flails like that, even in the Hell thread, person with somehow less cognition than Carter

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Developing an understanding that desires and expectations lead to disappointment and prevent us from experiencing things in the moment and experiencing them holistically will not help that guy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Peanut President posted:

thats where he cruises for dates

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you have to be a different strain of chimp-brain to get probed in this dumbass thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

yea ok posted:

Please do not make weird flails like that, even in the Hell thread, person with somehow less cognition than Carter

idk why you hate me so much so i'm just taking shots in the dark

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the “Tony’s strongest soldier” routine my friends and loved ones on this forum do is a bit cringe but the opposite end of the spectrum is so much worse. The Hell Thread is a land of contrasts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Peanut President posted:

idk why you hate me so much so i'm just taking shots in the dark

I think he hates you because you're so loving terrible.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

peanut pres in the mud. please instead acknowledge the Cashew CEO. as in. she’ll cashew at aew dynasty. april 21st at chaifetz arena

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

NienNunb posted:

I think the “Tony’s strongest soldier” routine my friends and loved ones on this forum do is a bit cringe but the opposite end of the spectrum is so much worse. The Hell Thread is a land of contrasts.

The only thing worse than someone who watches wrestling is someone who doesn't watch wrestling.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I turned off collision because it all sucked after the opener.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

I turned off collision because it all sucked after the opener.

it's always a good thing to turn of a show once it starts sucking. Everyone would be happier if they did this more

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand the finish to House of Black was bad cause it doesn't get the Infantry over like good upsets should. OTOH Infantry really aren't ready for that level of push so I don't really care one way or another

Just make Collision Bryan's dream matches. Since the Juniors are doing nothing maybe get Hiromu in for a match or have Despy/Kasai face Bryan/Mox in a death match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

On one hand the finish to House of Black was bad cause it doesn't get the Infantry over like good upsets should. OTOH Infantry really aren't ready for that level of push so I don't really care one way or another

I mean you're right, but in that case, why the gently caress am I supposed to care about Infantry vs. FTR? If they're not at the level where they can convincingly get an upset win over House of Black (and they're not, they looked bad in the match even outside the crap booking), then don't put them in that spot. If this tournament had 16, 18, 24, 32 teams and you just needed to force somebody through, I'd be a bit more forgiving of the finish, but this stupid tournament only has 10 teams in it, Infantry didn't need to even be in it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Need a good name to show how we don’t like the Infantry

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The infant pee???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Carlie Bravo's gimmick is "Bad News and Tattoos", it has bad right in the title, do something with that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just laughing at the idea that people still think Tony needs more creative help. The last time he did that it resulted in the worst dogshit TV they've ever done and the reason this entire thread was created. If anything he needs less voices in the room.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I mean you're right, but in that case, why the gently caress am I supposed to care about Infantry vs. FTR? If they're not at the level where they can convincingly get an upset win over House of Black (and they're not, they looked bad in the match even outside the crap booking), then don't put them in that spot. If this tournament had 16, 18, 24, 32 teams and you just needed to force somebody through, I'd be a bit more forgiving of the finish, but this stupid tournament only has 10 teams in it, Infantry didn't need to even be in it.

Yeah that wild card spot should have gone to somebody else. Maybe Kommander with a partner as Kommander has shown great improvement and could use an elevation up the card plus Lucha's vs FTR is always a fun change of pace match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Carlie Bravo's gimmick is "Bad News and Tattoos", it has bad right in the title, do something with that.

Bad News and More Boos

Also KOR vs. Bryan Keith ruled so if you didn't watch that you missed out. Kyle rules.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shitantry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that wild card spot should have gone to somebody else. Maybe Kommander with a partner as Kommander has shown great improvement and could use an elevation up the card plus Lucha's vs FTR is always a fun change of pace match

He's the one I keep coming back to. Kommander/Penta, Kommander/Vikingo, something along those lines would've given this tournament a real shot in the arm. I understand navigating the AAA/CMLL stuff is really difficult now, but, there's no CMLL luchadores in this tournament either!!!!!!!!!

Could've even told a little story about how Kommander's hurting because he got the crap beat out of him by Takeshita wink wink, "24 hours earlier".

Pylons posted:

Bad News and More Boos

Also KOR vs. Bryan Keith ruled so if you didn't watch that you missed out. Kyle rules.

Ladies and gentlemen, we got 'em.

Also yeah KOR definitely looks like a guy who's been through the loving grinder medically, but he still kicks rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bad News and More Boos and 'The Captain' Yawn Dean

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

We respect the troops and our Captain in this thread

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

the pedantry. the infirm pee. the imp pantry. idk

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AvFQ4YAOiU

I'm the one who won a successful wild card match. Me, Infantree.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

We respect the troops and our Captain in this thread

no we dont

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

You will NEVER stop me from supporting "I'M THE CAPTAIN" Shaun Dean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAavZr8tCUg

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MJeff posted:

He's the one I keep coming back to. Kommander/Penta, Kommander/Vikingo, something along those lines would've given this tournament a real shot in the arm. I understand navigating the AAA/CMLL stuff is really difficult now, but, there's no CMLL luchadores in this tournament either!!!!!!!!!

Could've even told a little story about how Kommander's hurting because he got the crap beat out of him by Takeshita wink wink, "24 hours earlier".

Ladies and gentlemen, we got 'em.

Also yeah KOR definitely looks like a guy who's been through the loving grinder medically, but he still kicks rear end.

Well, it couldnt be Vikingo, he blew out his knee recently

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thought the collision crowd was kinda bad last night. even when there was chants they felt muffled and quiet i dunno. also think i might have over hyped myself on what a shibata/danielson match would like since it was a dream match and both men are not what they are from years ago

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Duke Pukem posted:

Well, it couldnt be Vikingo, he blew out his knee recently

Oh for gently caress's sake.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

Tony announced that happened on twitter before collision where i guess he was supposed to get squashed by PAC? I'm assuming that was the match because i skipped through collision and saw a PAC and Garcia match that werent advertised on my way to finding Bryan Keith vs KOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, he's actually hurt too? For gently caress's sake!