Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RatHat posted:

Holy poo poo (Chapter 12 spoilers)Loveless was amazing. Are the roles different depending on your date? Yuffie was mine but I’m not sure if she’s always the princess or not.

The princess will be your date if your date is Yuffie/Aerith/Tifa
For the other 3 date options, it will default to Aerith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Instant Grat posted:

because it's a waste of electricity and you don't really save any time doing it, was my point

When would I charge my controller if I didn't use rest mode? (Without buying a second to rotate them)

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Instant Grat posted:

because it's a waste of electricity and you don't really save any time doing it, was my point

I personally flip the mains breaker to my house every time I go to bed, only takes like 30 seconds to flip it back on when I wake up in the morning

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
alright then, turns out i am the weirdo for turning my sony playstation 5 off when i am not using it to play video games. carry on, thread

when do i get access to the Actually Hard piano piece someone mentioned earlier. is that on hard mode?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Instant Grat posted:

alright then, turns out i am the weirdo for turning my sony playstation 5 off when i am not using it to play video games. carry on, thread

when do i get access to the Actually Hard piano piece someone mentioned earlier. is that on hard mode?

you need to A-Rank all six piano pieces and then the reward guy will give you the last one

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

And then there’s another, at the end of it all.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

stev posted:

When would I charge my controller if I didn't use rest mode? (Without buying a second to rotate them)

that does make sense. i bought a pink controller to match the pink faceplates i got, so i just have two controllers now. still can't quite believe how poo poo the battery life is on the DS5.

not my pic, but this is how it looks

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
e: quote is not edit

Arist posted:

you need to A-Rank all six piano pieces and then the reward guy will give you the last one

i already did a full combo of that 7th one, and then someone itt said "oh you didn't even get the one that's actually difficult"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Instant Grat posted:

i already did a full combo of that 7th one, and then someone itt said "oh you didn't even get the one that's actually difficult"

oh okay, i'm out of the loop then

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Instant Grat posted:

Complete Johnny’s collection and you get One-Winged Angel, because of course you do.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Instant Grat posted:

PS5 download updates and recharges your controllers while in rest mode and you are the one who's trying to be all weird about it

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No one should care about whether or not someone else turns off their PS5, lmao

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

SettingSun posted:

No one should care about whether or not someone else turns off their PS5, lmao

i was just baffled by all the talk of people losing progress because their console updated and restarted overnight, because that's not how i use my ps5 at all. also i manual save a bunch

Pollyanna posted:

Complete Johnny’s collection and you get One-Winged Angel, because of course you do.

lmao, perfect. excited for that

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 17, 2024

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I find the suspend feature on the PS5 a legitimately "next-gen" feature - though I dunno if the PS4 could do something similar. It's so convenient!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

lines posted:

I find the suspend feature on the PS5 a legitimately "next-gen" feature - though I dunno if the PS4 could do something similar. It's so convenient!

One of the main drawbacks of PC gaming relative to consoles these days is there's no real way to suspend games and probably never will be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

stev posted:

One of the main drawbacks of PC gaming relative to consoles these days is there's no real way to suspend games and probably never will be.

Steam Deck has it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Advice specifically for round 4 of Send in the Clowns on Hard Mode? I can deal with slogging through the tenberries and even the crapshoot of the double gigantaurs since that's the first round and the zu is very boring and I don't think the iron giant will be that hard but losing on round four is incredibly depressing with how long it takes so I'd like to not take chances where possible.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Chapter 12 Shinra middle manager sidequest:
god loving bless square for bringing back Crazy Chocobo. Was just grinning from ear to ear throughout that whole race

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh nooo they make you do the freaking slow walk/limping/crawling sequences again on hard mode lol

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Pollyanna posted:

yooooooo

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Steam Deck has it.

Indeed, and very handy it is too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hard Mode must have extra crafting recipes, right? I got to Craftsmanship 16 in my first run by making literally everything and was shocked to find out that there still appeared to be another level.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Arist posted:

Hard Mode must have extra crafting recipes, right? I got to Craftsmanship 16 in my first run by making literally everything and was shocked to find out that there still appeared to be another level.

There's 3 or 4 recipes that are unlocked by finishing the protorelic questline

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sockser posted:

There's 3 or 4 recipes that are unlocked by finishing the protorelic questline

ah, okay

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Cosmo Canyon starting with a Chocobo stealth mission then immediately going into Glide de Chocobo is some sadistic poo poo. Whoever designed that is evil. I was able to get 8/9 rewards from them, I didn’t get the accessory from the third course for hitting every ring and I could not care less. Really awful mini-game, even when disabling the motion controls.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
So far one of the best cards I've seen in this game for Queens Blood is the J Unit Sweeper. In the right circumstances it pretty much just auto wins.

All you do is prioritize movement in the center band then hit em with the Sweeper on B3 (I think its called?) so good. If you turbo-grind straight for the opponents spaces, you can lock out the entire board in just a few plays...!

e: I have to say, Queensblood is probably the best minigame I've ever seen. It's really fun, really casual and not difficult to make a really good deck. S tier.

This is the mainstream version of triple triad and its just so much better for it imo. It's hard enough that you feel like you solved a puzzle without being in any way overwhelming or technically difficult.

Taima fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 17, 2024

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It makes sense there's cards for Sephiroth since he's a famous soldier and Rufus since he's the president, it's weird that there's cards for the Turks, the Avalanche members, Don Corneo and Jonny gives you his card and it references the fact that he's got clones as created by Yuffie which only happened during the events of the game so are we to believe that in universe people can create cards of themselves when they want, give them whatever abilities they want and everyone else just has to live with those existing in the actual official game they all play? The 3rd game clearly needs to explain this in great detail imo cause there's clearly a lot to it, maybe the whispers can be involved in that as well?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In QB I have trouble making spaces to place 2/3 pawn cards anywhere but the first file.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Starting to think the Gigantaurs fight is actually glitched (or the enemy itself is). Even if you cancel Needle Rain entirely before they fire it (and that can be done) it still powers them up. Also it seems to be completely random when they actually use it and if your teammates can block it, which seems to be why this fight is such a crapshoot. Feels like you are supposed to be able to manage them but actually you can't and the fight is actually a damage race combined with a coin flipping contest.

Still only made it to Jokers/Gigantoad three times, the fight I actually want to struggle with, total so far. Long drawn out sequences of really gimmicky arena rounds are a very bad choice.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

thebardyspoon posted:

It makes sense there's cards for Sephiroth since he's a famous soldier and Rufus since he's the president, it's weird that there's cards for the Turks, the Avalanche members, Don Corneo and Jonny gives you his card and it references the fact that he's got clones as created by Yuffie which only happened during the events of the game so are we to believe that in universe people can create cards of themselves when they want, give them whatever abilities they want and everyone else just has to live with those existing in the actual official game they all play? The 3rd game clearly needs to explain this in great detail imo cause there's clearly a lot to it, maybe the whispers can be involved in that as well?

My reasoning in ff8 was that they just made them themselves that's why the character cards are always powerful

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Also, loving lmao that not only do synergy abilities, which almost all have long windups, don't have i-frames, but if you get knocked out if one after certain points not only does it not finish the attack and grant the effect (which is at least consistent with the first bullshit) but it does consume the pips and raise the price.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

thebardyspoon posted:

Chadley did it

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Fedule posted:

Starting to think the Gigantaurs fight is actually glitched (or the enemy itself is). Even if you cancel Needle Rain entirely before they fire it (and that can be done) it still powers them up. Also it seems to be completely random when they actually use it and if your teammates can block it, which seems to be why this fight is such a crapshoot. Feels like you are supposed to be able to manage them but actually you can't and the fight is actually a damage race combined with a coin flipping contest.

Aerith level 2 limit break is wonderful for this (esp. on the hard mode version). Just complete immunity to their attacks.

Just run or dodge away when they do needle rain, the pressure bar is tempting but a trap in that fight.

For the other fight, ignore the Jokers until the Toad is dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

The Shadowblood Queen works in mysterious ways.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i hate how impossible it is to google for any info regarding games anymore. is there a second location to run into orange cactuars? i didn't have assess ready when i fought them the first time

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i hate how impossible it is to google for any info regarding games anymore. is there a second location to run into orange cactuars? i didn't have assess ready when i fought them the first time

It really is. Trying to search for certain fight strategies leads me to some site where they give you maybe the boss’ HP and weakness and that’s it. Like literally their whole article is “this boss has this much health, deplete that and you win!”

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for your question

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

God, this Loveless sequence is incredible.

Maybe Genesis was completely correct to base his entire personality on this clear masterpiece?

Genesis was (Crisis Core spoilers) canonically correct, because his wacky Loveless plan straight-up succeeded and accomplished what he wanted it to (summoning "the Goddess" and curing him). He's the winner of Crisis Core.

Pollyanna posted:

None are nearly as insane as Gongaga.

Also yes, synergy skills and abilities are extremely powerful. Hence all the SP it takes to get them. The game expects you to use them, and they build both ATB and character affinity for the eventual Gold Saucer date. Use them.

I think only the first use with Cloud (for Cloud/whoever ones) builds affinity?

But yeah, it's basically free damage (since you should be able to do them during longer fights naturally just through spending ATB) and I think you might be invulnerable during the animation? Not sure about that, though. I know you aren't invulnerable during limit break animations.

Synergy Abilities also effectively make ATB-gaining materia more useful/powerful, since they're an extra significant benefit to "using more ATB bars."

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 17, 2024

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
It's been 20 years since I first played Final Fantasy 7, why do I keep thinking that Vincent's backstory involves a tragic relationship with a woman named Maria??

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I'm down to just 1 piece of chocograss left in Nibel and I've been searching forever for it. Anyone know of some that are easy to miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cephas posted:

It's been 20 years since I first played Final Fantasy 7, why do I keep thinking that Vincent's backstory involves a tragic relationship with a woman named Maria??

You're thinking of Shadow the Hedgehog buddy.