Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that makes sifu one of the bravest games of the last 15 years then.
idk what you mean because sifu was good but didn't really have standout annoying bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

lmao LTG got banned from Tekken 8 for plugging and is having an absolute meltdown for the ages.

lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Cuttlefush posted:

does street fighter ban for that too

I think SF6 is one of the games that puts the Badge of Shame on you if an account disconnects in too many games.

I have no idea how you get banned from Tekken 8 for disconnecting I thought the whole thing going on right now is that it was insanely easy to do to boost your rank because the game couldn't keep track of it.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

LazyMaybe posted:

idk what you mean because sifu was good but didn't really have standout annoying bits

the timing is just kind of ever so slightly off from what im used to and its so unforgiving to get the goals, lol.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Every game should have the ruby grinding level from Super Paper Mario but with no way to progress to higher payouts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Been playing Dark Cloud 2 because my computer poo poo itself so hard I had to take it to a tech shop :negative:

I found out max runs faster if he's running diagonal to the camera and it shaved like twenty seconds off the race to recruit that loving cop

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dark Cloud 1 and 2 FTW.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

drat shame they don't have a PC port.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainBeefart posted:

drat shame they don't have a PC port.

that's funny, i'm pretty sure almost every ps2 has a pc port

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
remembering the time LTG rage quit street fighter 4 so hard that he tried to uninstall it from his ps4 but was so mad he kept loving it up lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's funny, i'm pretty sure almost every ps2 has a pc port

Interesting.. thank you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

More games should have annoying dungeon traversal puzzles. Atlus toning them down in Royal and in that SMTV patch is a sign of developer cowardice

i did the smtv dungeon pre patch and i wasnt rly reading anything so it was insane whiplash to see people complaining. it was one of the most tame teleport/whatever puzzles theyve ever done

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
p5r did add an annoying puzzle to the extra semester so i'm glad they still like the idea of them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

confusing and disorientating mazes in dungeon crawlers are half the fun. i havnt played 4a but someone said it was a negative the game put a massive dungeon between you and the end of the game after a climactic cutscene or something and i dont understand what series they think theyre playing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

p5r did add an annoying puzzle to the extra semester so i'm glad they still like the idea of them

its ok im sure the solution was obvious and also every single npc lined up to explain it to you one after another

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it wasn't obvious and everyone complained. it was the classic Light Mixing Puzzle lol.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
dark cloud 2 was so loving good. does it hold up

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

i did the smtv dungeon pre patch and i wasnt rly reading anything so it was insane whiplash to see people complaining. it was one of the most tame teleport/whatever puzzles theyve ever done

lol my same exact experience.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

modern atlus fans are so unfaathomably cucked. when smtv made the alignment reps the demons/gods instead of thehumans ppl didnt understnad what was going on and complained they didnt have 5000 lines of exposition from them

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mycot posted:

I have no idea how you get banned from Tekken 8 for disconnecting I thought the whole thing going on right now is that it was insanely easy to do to boost your rank because the game couldn't keep track of it.
that's correct, the game has seemingly no functionality for plugging. And not much for any other kind of exploit/cheat either.
they've been taking cheat reports via twitter-

-which really makes it seem that the ingame report functionality isn't doing much at all.
LTG probably got hit just because he's such a well known negative example.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

LazyMaybe posted:

that's correct, the game has seemingly no functionality for plugging. And not much for any other kind of exploit/cheat either.
they've been taking cheat reports via twitter-

-which really makes it seem that the ingame report functionality isn't doing much at all.
LTG probably got hit just because he's such a well known negative example.

sandmanadrian in this picture really needs to get a wedgie

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
oh yeah. I mean harada's schtick got old a while ago but he does also have legions of the most obnoxious people on earth trying to get his attention at all times. being a front facing gamedev is definitely a mistake

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I platinum'd Dark Cloud 2 on PS4 a couple years ago. It holds up. Just don't go for the platinum, don't be crazy like I am.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Radia posted:

dark cloud 2 was so loving good. does it hold up

Very much so, first chapter is still agonizing but once the clown is dead the game is perfect

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Radia posted:

sandmanadrian in this picture really needs to get a wedgie

what does he mean by You People?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Meowywitch posted:

what does he mean by You People?

Us obviously

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zore posted:

I mean its specifically a Star Wars pastiche and uh a New Hope is built around an offscreen heist (which we see in Rogue One) and a undercover rescue on the Death Star.

There's also the rescue of Leia from the Death Star that's basically a heist.

Star Trek also has a heist at least once per series.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I like a saga inside a saga so here's some details about SA user Webdog, renamed to BogDew, who was an avid stalker of Tim B^Uckely back in the day.

The only proof I could easily find was his own admission in the original Sagas thread

BogDew posted:

Never went that far.
You have to remember by the time I got stuck into Buckley he'd well and truly become the laughing stock of the internet. 4Chan had already done the rounds by calling up his parents. Other people went the whole hog and drove past his place and dig up financial info.
I just read his comic's newsposts and did a character study.

Rap sheet

quote:

Don't be a creep. Even if someone asks. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

quote:

Boring internet stalker gimmick. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

quote:

Creepy detective bullshit.

quote:

Fulfil your internet stalking gimmick elsewhere.

quote:

Here's a big post of my successful and unsuccessful attempts to stalk internet personalities. What made you think this was a good idea? User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

quote:

No example of gamers.txt, and no your fanatical WebDog-brand internet stalking of people who have shown up in gamers.txt doesn't count.

ironically he's associated with another Saga for Lljksilk because in that thread he went after him and found his twitter and reposted a couple of pictures of him.

No idea what the details were but every casual mention of Webdog is "oh yeah that insane stalker this will be fun"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

no. hosed up to compare them

Yeah LTG's like two levels worse. Had an ex who he dated knowing that she was 15 at the time sort of poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
LTG gets poop everywhere Phil an intellectual does not

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
ltg is a bigot while phil is just dumb. otoh ltg is much much funnier so its a tossup

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt-9LgAmP90

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

ltg is a bigot while phil is just dumb. otoh ltg is much much funnier so its a tossup

dumb? the man is a mastermind

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I was surprised ltg even came into more views after the Viscant grudge match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB1uQmvmh_k

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ltg is like a shonen anime enemy villain

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

he's a bigot and a creep but otoh he's successfully making money off crying and making GBS threads his pants like a literal toddler so yknow land of contrasts etc

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Snow Cone Capone posted:

he's a bigot and a creep but otoh he's successfully making money off crying and making GBS threads his pants like a literal toddler so yknow land of contrasts etc

he was scratching his leg

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
DSP is Goku

LTG is Freeza

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ammat The Ankh posted:

DSP is Goku