Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BlackIronHeart posted:

I'm sorry, the what?

excuse me, cockrock

Triarii posted:

There's a particular POI that has the buttplug rock but is not the super samples location. There should be another one somewhere on the map.

yeah we figured, but didn't care, as we thought we'd all be dead at the extract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

The chode lode

Molrok
May 30, 2011

the veiny pylon

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Triarii posted:

There's a particular POI that has the buttplug rock but is not the super samples location. There should be another one somewhere on the map.

I've noticed there's a magic buttplug that's infested by bug goo. The super samples generally don't spawn there, but sometimes can.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Death to the false dongus.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Triarii posted:

Crouching, going prone, or even aiming down the sights don't seem to affect the funky slugger behavior I'm seeing. Like, this is my sight picture one frame before I fired. Seems like it should be a pretty clean hit to me?

https://i.imgur.com/gNNcGNc.mp4

I think I can even see the tracer zipping off to the left at like a 30 degree angle.

The Slugger does just have weird behavior that I can't remember noticing as much or at all in the other weapons. It's not a recoil thing, where the projectile winds up going is just weirdly jittery.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.

Vasudus posted:

Death to the false dongus.

I blame the oatmeal guy for the false phallus.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just unlocked the Slugger and it seems great but I also really like the Sickle now :ohdear:

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I can't give up the slugger because I'm so used to the stagger and rounds reload. It's so nice to be able to one shot brood commanders and two shot berserkers.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Molrok posted:

the veiny pylon

the turgid tor

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the S-E-X thing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I can't give up the slugger because I'm so used to the stagger and rounds reload. It's so nice to be able to one shot brood commanders and two shot berserkers.

Yeah this seemed like a big deal to me when I first tried the slugger as well, it feels like you get a bit of the benefits of the railgun without having to take a railgun. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to destroy a spore tower thingey from ~100m away with it

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Hell, the Slugger is nice just for opening crates and saving a grenade/heavy weapon round.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

staggering rocket devastators with the slugger was gamechanging for me, tbh

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Zoya posted:

staggering rocket devastators with the slugger was gamechanging for me, tbh

Same but Bile Spewers.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I like to think The oatmeal guy, "D" is our democracy officer on the ship; chilling in his hot tub that the rest of the staff are not allowed to use.

Griz
May 21, 2001

explosivo posted:

I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to destroy a spore tower thingey from ~100m away with it

you can kill those with literally any gun including the pistols as long as you can see it

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Wish I took a screenshot of taking out fifty one (51) bots in a single eagle bombing run in an eradicate mission because they were packed so closely together they were standing shoulder to shoulder, unmoving.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Griz posted:

if you actually want to use it as a main weapon you kinda need the backpack otherwise you run out of ammo after clearing one bug nest because the bouncy grenades are so hard to get down the hole unless you're at a perfect 90 degree angle in which case you could just use a regular grenade
I don't really ever use ammo pack on grenade launcher.
But I also don't think it's hard at all to lob GL nades down bug holes. I think you're just not used to how flat the angle is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WJOysFYoI

The advantages are the speed, the range you can lob grenades from, and the sheer number of them compared to at most 6 normal nades held on your person.
And when you take advantage of ammo drops scattered throughout the map that each give another mag of +10 nades, you can frequently go about your business clearing every bug nest without actually usually needing any resupplies.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Triarii posted:

there's a lightning penis and a lightning packer, the lightning packer is identical except there's no radioactive cum

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Having used the punisher plasma I think it's actually pretty good? It's a weaker grenade launcher with a lot more ammo and no arming distance, which is an advantage most of the time. The AOE shouldn't be a real danger to you, if a small bug gets close just aim at the ground behind and to the side of them.

Like the grenade launcher it's especially great at clearing swarms when you have a height advantage, which happens a lot on objectives and bug nests.

Yeah it's no Sickle, but the Sickle is so good it actually kind of infringes on Stalwart's place as a "super primary" and I'm not going to be surprised if it gets nerfed.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 18, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is there much that the GL can't handle but the AC can? all I can think of offhand is bile titans and the largest bots

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ciaphas posted:

is there much that the GL can't handle but the AC can? all I can think of offhand is bile titans and the largest bots

Chargers and big bots. You also have to watch for bounces with the GL if you end up hitting those big targets and it deflects the shot back in your face.

Other than that it's a terrific weapon.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
AC can snipe cannon towers and fabs from halfway across the map, the range is what makes it so good for bots. I don't bring it on bugs much because I love having the laser dog. That with the slugger plus EAT and maybe mech on certain missions, fill in with whatever eagle stuff you feel like. It's a very versatile loadout with an answer for everything.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the ac work on cannon tower and tank turrets? or do you still have to hit the radiators?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kly posted:

does the ac work on cannon tower and tank turrets? or do you still have to hit the radiators?

Yes you still have to hit the radiators. However it can destroy the AA and Mortar turrets at some secondary objectives from any angle, but will need multiple shots.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Kly posted:

Pretty sure you have to hit them in the vents with the AC or will bounce off.

Also, Dongolith is my preferred nomenclature.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, first time trying the EATs since the charger weakspot change and I am a full convert. loving incredibly useful to be able to delete chargers and also have EAT's scattered all around the map because I can call them down all the time.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Autocannon is like doing surgery at range. There is no bot enemy it can't rapidly disassemble, and the one big bug it can't easily kill it can maim. Everything other weapon is just an autocannon that gave up two things to do one thing better.

Plus it goes chachunk

I don't know exactly what all a grenade launcher can do but I'm pretty sure it's less.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

I don't know exactly what all a grenade launcher can do

Reload while moving, for one!

Griz
May 21, 2001

LazyMaybe posted:

But I also don't think it's hard at all to lob GL nades down bug holes. I think you're just not used to how flat the angle is.

but in that video they line up 90 degrees on every hole before shooting

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

explosivo posted:

Reload while moving, for one!

I have friends

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

explosivo posted:

I just unlocked the Slugger and it seems great but I also really like the Sickle now :ohdear:

At this point I think I like to take the Sickle on any planet that isn't a hot one. Sickle is sick.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
10 hours in and I just realized armor has stats. I was wondering how people were running faster than me!

I saw some buzz about the AMR and that it could take out the big bots (hulks?) in two shots but after trying it out I wasn't able to get good results. Seems nice for all the other bots but so far 2 EATs is the best way I have to deal with hulks, which isn't great especially if there's more than one.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Don't care about the war, only here to get samples.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Auto cannon boy meticulously dissects an entire heavy bug nest by himself, sniping the holes and any bug foolish enough to come out of them. He turns to his companions when he finishes, not so much looking for approval but willing to accept any offered. Alas, in the time he spent shooting shells into holes, they have cleared three objectives and are on their way to evac. "At least we got 20 more xp" auto cannon boy mutters to himself as he spends the next five minutes reloading, The shuttle departs without him just as he finishes loading the first magazine. Upon reading the final screen, his companions are startled to find that they had a fourth member all along. They say auto cannon boy is still there to this day, reloading that big cannon of his.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm pretty sure anyone saying the plasma punisher is decent is outright trolling at this point, much like penetrator fans.

Sokani posted:

10 hours in and I just realized armor has stats. I was wondering how people were running faster than me!

I saw some buzz about the AMR and that it could take out the big bots (hulks?) in two shots but after trying it out I wasn't able to get good results. Seems nice for all the other bots but so far 2 EATs is the best way I have to deal with hulks, which isn't great especially if there's more than one.

The AMR sights are off (jfc fix it god drat), use the top left of the square as your aim point and it's better, but not perfect. The recoil is very visual, not so much actual recoil, so you can often line up on the hulk and two-tap them quick without waiting for your sights to settle.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I learned something incredibly important tonight after switching away from the light stealth armor for the first time ever: The stealth armor doesn't just decrease the range that enemies can detect you at, but it decreases the range that they can actively track you at. Being in different armor is the first time I've realized what other people have talked about where they have trouble running away from enemies. With the light stealth armor you just jog for a bit and the enemies forget about you and stop chasing, but using the light grenade range armor they will chase for loving ever.

My takeaway from this is that the light stealth armor is the only armor in the game worth even considering using :colbert:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Griz posted:

but in that video they line up 90 degrees on every hole before shooting
Not sure what angles you'd even try to shoot them from, I tried to include footage shooting them from a variety of heights and sometimes at differing horizontal angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

explosivo posted:

drat, first time trying the EATs since the charger weakspot change and I am a full convert. loving incredibly useful to be able to delete chargers and also have EAT's scattered all around the map because I can call them down all the time.

Yeah and since there's so many EATs around even a bunch of Bile titans will go down pretty fast unless literally no one else is picking up and shooting them.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I learned something incredibly important tonight after switching away from the light stealth armor for the first time ever: The stealth armor doesn't just decrease the range that enemies can detect you at, but it decreases the range that they can actively track you at. Being in different armor is the first time I've realized what other people have talked about where they have trouble running away from enemies. With the light stealth armor you just jog for a bit and the enemies forget about you and stop chasing, but using the light grenade range armor they will chase for loving ever.

My takeaway from this is that the light stealth armor is the only armor in the game worth even considering using :colbert:

This is correct IMO. It's so much better than the other armors on helldive, especially vs bots.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 18, 2024