Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

If we had a remotely functional government, they would have bought these, processed them, and distributed them to food insecure people during the pandemic, but instead we have incompetent middle manager technocrats who are allergic to action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i am harry posted:

just eat a more varied diet and you’ll be fine god drat idiots

yep it's literally just "eat some seafood every few months" and you won't bust out a huge goiter or whatever

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Going on a wild spending spree with my emotional salary

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

instead of raises or anything like that, my company gives you the opportunity to reward coworkers with fun bucks that can eventually be traded in for like a 5 dollar amazon gift card or some bullshit like that.

i hate my job

lol mine created a social media website that no one uses

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

instead of raises or anything like that, my company gives you the opportunity to reward coworkers with fun bucks that can eventually be traded in for like a 5 dollar amazon gift card or some bullshit like that.

i hate my job

Is it bonusly

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

mawarannahr posted:

they mention Chinese 5 times, China 2 times, and Beijing 1 time in this article. weird poo poo.

much easier then blaming the local government, local property overlords, etc

gonna try this next time my wife is mad at me "i know the trash was supposed to be put out but the drat chinese got in the way"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yep it's literally just "eat some seafood every few months" and you won't bust out a huge goiter or whatever

you looked at the ocean lately? you wanna eat that?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/engadget/status/1769469692773576906

:lol:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

We make money because people spend time on our website, therefore we will make more money if people spend more time there. Should we add features or quality of life that would further the primary goal of our website? No, then people would spend less time there. What do people spend the most time on? Games! We'll add games and then we'll make infinity money because we've got everyone's time. Sheer genius.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay cool so like if we go on a road trip and stop at a hotel and go and get burgers for dinner each loving burger is now $16 so the total bill with two kids for some loving motherfucking BURGERS is gonna be sixty loving DOLLARERRRRRREEEASSRRRRRRRRRR imagine im strangling bill as I scream this at him

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

i am harry posted:

okay cool so like if we go on a road trip and stop at a hotel and go and get burgers for dinner each loving burger is now $16 so the total bill with two kids for some loving motherfucking BURGERS is gonna be sixty loving DOLLARERRRRRREEEASSRRRRRRRRRR imagine im strangling bill as I scream this at him

There’s NO INFLATION you TRUMPER

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay so I’m in a hotel obviously and we just turned on HSN and the two hosts are literally talking about how the price of groceries has gone up, the guy is complaining that his steaks and coffee has doubled, and they’re using that as a thing to sell their product which hasn’t gone up in price.

I have to say this really shocked me

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

FizFashizzle posted:

i hate my job

In the past two years, a division at work has lost a ton of talent to competitors and the response from management has been “why would they leave such a great place to work?” and “they’ll be back.” In the “meantime” the people are incredibly overworked. Just totally unable to understand reality.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

If we had a remotely functional government, they would have bought these, processed them, and distributed them to food insecure people during the pandemic, but instead we have incompetent middle manager technocrats who are allergic to action.

grapes of wrath is a documentary

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
new campaign slogan: cheer the gently caress up! :smug:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

new campaign slogan: cheer the gently caress up! :smug:

"We won't make it better but they'll make it worse!!"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

LinkedIn job posts are useless

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Tempora Mutantur posted:

"We won't make it better but they'll make it worse!!"

"were also making it worse" "but they will say bad words"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I logged into LinkedIn and noticed not as much sycophantic employer worship. are the tides turning?? :ohdear:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

RadiRoot posted:

I logged into LinkedIn and noticed not as much sycophantic employer worship. are the tides turning?? :ohdear:

its just the weekend op

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

BULBASAUR posted:

its just the weekend op
the hustle never stops when it comes to psychopathic linkedin posting

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Abner Assington posted:

the hustle never stops when it comes to psychopathic linkedin posting

LinkedIn is Facebook for people that are not fully retired.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

its just the weekend op

but i logged in on a thursday. :thunk:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Complications posted:

We make money because people spend time on our website, therefore we will make more money if people spend more time there. Should we add features or quality of life that would further the primary goal of our website? No, then people would spend less time there. What do people spend the most time on? Games! We'll add games and then we'll make infinity money because we've got everyone's time. Sheer genius.

Congrats, you’ve been hired at LinkedIn.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
microsoft will buy tiktok next.

i guess they tried before already? lol

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Mar 18, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RadiRoot posted:

microsoft will buy tiktok next.

i guess they tried before already? lol

they should embed TikToks in the start menu

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the popes toes posted:

Going on a wild spending spree with my emotional salary

the store's out of everything but crippling depression but they'll happilly fill your basket with it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

i am harry posted:

okay so I’m in a hotel obviously and we just turned on HSN and the two hosts are literally talking about how the price of groceries has gone up, the guy is complaining that his steaks and coffee has doubled, and they’re using that as a thing to sell their product which hasn’t gone up in price.

I have to say this really shocked me

Try Boeing's hangar steaks, the meat just falls right off the bone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/AndrewRestuccia/status/1769459900592103891?t=XeaLDnEI0nayCGxpKiOjaw&s=1

Those 3 men are retards lol

You think Powell is dumb lol

Edit:
https://twitter.com/NicholasABrown_/status/1769421064868712596?t=TWBDqsLnYTBw5W5hKD87Iw&s=19

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Mar 18, 2024

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/united-airlines-close-leasing-airbus-jets-bloomberg-news-reports-2024-03-14/

quote:

United Airlines close to leasing Airbus jets, Bloomberg News reports

March 14 (Reuters) - United Airlines (UAL.O), opens new tab is close to securing three dozen or more Airbus (AIR.PA) A321neo jets from aircraft lessors, Bloomberg News reported on Thursday citing people familiar with the matter.
United has been looking for alternatives to Boeing's (BA.N) uncertified MAX 10 planes, which were due for delivery this year and were expected to be the cornerstone of its fleet.
However, a mid-air emergency in January on an Alaska Airlines (ALK.N) 737 MAX 9 has raised new doubts over its certification. United had ordered 277 MAX 10 jets with options for another 200.
United had approached Airbus about buying A321neo jets as possible alternatives to its MAX 10 order but the planemaker's order book is full through 2030.
On Tuesday, United CEO Scott Kirby said the airline wants A321 jets but would not be willing to overpay for them.
The airline declined to comment on the Bloomberg report.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
biden is doing his hardest to reverse climate change you guys

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

SlimGoodbody posted:

please explain how a government that has no history doing any of those things would suddenly begin doing them in the middle of a pandemic let alone doing them safely or well?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Insane

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
obamaishly:] i did that

btw this is actually very bad for america, america shoul be consuming other world's supplies first

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

obamaishly:] i did that

btw this is actually very bad for america, america shoul be consuming other world's supplies first

America is a energy exporter. We replaced Russia as the primary source for Europe.

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ammanas posted:

please explain how a government that has no history doing any of those things would suddenly begin doing them in the middle of a pandemic let alone doing them safely or well?

It would mobilize the processing capabilities of relevant pre-existing industry, the same way it did for war production in WW2. Dehydrate them into mashed potato powder that keeps forever, idfc, just get those calories to hungry people. The government can figure out how to quickly do things it's actually interested in, when it cares to do so. We have infinite cheese caves, they can figure out what to do with a potato.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ammanas posted:

The US government literally used to do this with any number of foods, which provided a floor for food commodity prices and also provided for food banks.

e: looks like they still do it
https://www.fns.usda.gov/csfp/commodity-supplemental-food-program