Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

Art is like RPG, you can't define it but ya know it when you see it.

Agreed. Breath of the Wild is still my favorite rpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Fart is short for fan art, which is also art and has the word art in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ChickenHeart posted:

Rory has enchanting eyes

Apparently Rory was the pet of a Llamasoft fan who wrote to Minter and asked if he could put her pet guinea pig into a game. There was never a full Rory game but he has a cameo

This is now the most important historical fact I've learned from this collection

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had to finally uninstall Baldur's Gate III because it's a fuckin' cancer on my SSD that has to take up half the entire thing every time it updates and my computer was suddenly barely working.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss when games only came on a single 850mb CD. That is all they need really even in 2024.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Games should come on 5 1/4" floppies.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

I miss when games only came on a single 850mb CD. That is all they need really even in 2024.

We strayed from god's light when games stopped coming on multiple floppy disks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gotta disagree. We should have CDs 20 times as thick with multiple petabytes of space.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Taking a break from BG 2 after powering through the first one and SOD, tonight I'm trying out XCOM Chimera since its been on my list for so long. So far I'm liking it. I love these alien squad members

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

We strayed from god's light when games stopped coming on multiple floppy disks.

what about multiple CDs in a extra thicc double-sided jewel case

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Is that the guy from Misfits?

Edit: I missed like six pages, whoops

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJg7MhV2znQ

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

GlyphGryph posted:

Is that the guy from Misfits?

Edit: I missed like six pages, whoops

That is Emo Peter Parker

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Y'all solved the video games are art or not thing yet?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yes

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hell yeah brother namaste

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

mutata posted:

Y'all solved the video games are art or not thing yet?

Yes. Video games are a collaborative medium that uses many different disciplines. User is banned for 10 minutes. Topic locked.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Next topic: Is all art video games?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

videogames are science

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo
https://twitter.com/AntiCheatPD/status/1769532511057584576

https://twitter.com/PlayApexEsports/status/1769527345176621110

here's a pro apex player getting hacked MIDGAME
https://twitter.com/JakeSucky/status/1769520201685742043

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

help im getting hacked

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jesus that's nuts

korea's been going through its own anticheat issue recently with a very widespread regional anticheat apparently giving hackers the ability to obtain the IPs of people simply by looking up their usernames, so they've been DDOSing popular streamers, professional league players (whose soloqueue games often get bet on), and even the LCK (the professional league tournament for korea) which caused a series to be delayed for something like 6 full hours

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

List of titles that use Easy Anti Cheat
Fortnite also impacted

Well this is gonna be a :munch: time for a little bit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i wouldnt jump to any conclusions, if theres actually a RCE I'd put it more on apex than EAC. dont forget how tf2 was unplayable for years because their servers got hacked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm also pretty sure EAC is used on just about any Bandai Namco game with online

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

i wouldnt jump to any conclusions, if theres actually a RCE I'd put it more on apex than EAC. dont forget how tf2 was unplayable for years because their servers got hacked

Watch a bunch of streamers cash in on it.

Was reading the other day that one method cheating streamers will use is to mirror the game to a second monitor. The OG monitor has the game + whatever cheating overlay running that they want, the second is clean and that's what the viewers see.

Then something will gently caress up, mirroring goes away, and Whoops All Wallhacks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

homeless snail posted:

help im getting hacked

Yeah but can you play?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol didn't something like this happen to Titanfall?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've notified the president of video games. We are shutting down all competitive games immediately. MMORPGs, Tetris 99, words with friends, none shall be spared. Scorched earth in the pursuit of ending the terrorism of cheaters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I've notified the president of video games. We are shutting down all competitive games immediately. MMORPGs, Tetris 99, words with friends, none shall be spared. Scorched earth in the pursuit of ending the terrorism of cheaters.

loving thank you, honestly if this happened for real, it would improve the state of gaming so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shinjobi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-LjCpserA&t=12s

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ever notice the people mad about cheating on online games are always better than the cheaters? Cheaters just want the good feelings of victory, just like good players. Cheaters don't deserve to feel bad just because they aren't good at the game.

Hate the game not the cheating players.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

no

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm also pretty sure EAC is used on just about any Bandai Namco game with online

If they gave me a nickle for every time FromSoft games were found to have RCE exploits in their online I think I'd have two nickles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Khanstant posted:

Ever notice the people mad about cheating on online games are always better than the cheaters? Cheaters just want the good feelings of victory, just like good players. Cheaters don't deserve to feel bad just because they aren't good at the game.

>:[

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Anticheat is art

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was playing ironman hardcore mode on XCOM chimera. Got to the second campaign just for a stray explosion to kill a vip I had to extract and end the campaign. I uninstalled the game lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I know you're joking but this is also the big argument people use to support AI art plagiarism machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
People who cheat in multiplayer games shpuld have their hands cut off.