Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I suspect that might be a photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

xtothez posted:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I suspect that might be a photoshop

Can it, David Icke, you've gone too far.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Other than the FT, which does actual useful analysis in the Adam Smith sense that half of the audience are free market ghouls briefly looking up from eating their kin like that painting of Saturn but they too actually want to know what's going on, I'm glad that the rest are going down the shitter.

Probably to be replaced by QAnon and racist (formerly known as Twitter)s, but you get what you get.

Morning after Paddy's Day, in coffee, doesn't count as drinking because it is medicinal. :coffeepal:

Just to pour water on this for a second, it doesn't include online.

I looked at this a while ago and when you factor that in the guardian goes from one of the worst performing to one of the best.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

notaspy posted:

That's absolutely the point though, it shows you how the norm has gone from people reading physical papers to people reading they dang phones.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just been sent seat-filler pleas for David Baddiel's musical about himself.

No thanks and lol that doesn't bode well for ticket sales.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Necrothatcher posted:

I wonder if one of the songs will be the Jason Lee Pineapple number.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Necrothatcher posted:

Coming soon, an article about how his brilliant musical was cancelled by the anti-Semitic left!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Coming soon, an article about how his brilliant musical was cancelled by the anti-Semitic left!

quote:

"[Baddiel] tells stories of the dark, terrible and hysterically absurd cyber-paths that interacting with internet trolls has led him down. Come with him on this comedy journey into our culture’s most dank virtual underground.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
For he dressed up as a Black man,
A French, and Turk, and Dutchman,
And perhaps Itali-an!

But in spite of all temptations
To cosplay other nations,
He remains an Englishman!

And he'll sue you all for libel and antisemitism if you complain about any of the above!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

New polling results :toot:
https://twitter.com/DeltapollUK/status/1769711856413729215

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

I was just thinking about that this morning (there was an ad on facebook for it). If I had done such an egregious example of racism in the past I would simply not set myself up as The Racism Expert and start lecturing people about racism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look he did twenty years time served at the racism trade, who else would make a better racism understander??

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

notaspy posted:

I looked at this a while ago and when you factor that in the guardian goes from one of the worst performing to one of the best.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/media-audience-and-business-data/media_metrics/most-popular-websites-news-uk-monthly-2/

Here is the website data

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Baddiel seems like he's a few months away from starting down the Fox/Linehan path and I'm very much here for it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The two genders: Jewish and blackface.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Baddiel is a stupid person’s idea of a stupid person’s idea of what a smart person is like.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

:siren: KATE IS ALIVE! :siren:

(but everyone forgot to take a photo)

maybe kate is at alton towers, saving 70 quid, since december

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Matinee posted:

Baddiel is a stupid person’s idea of a stupid person’s idea of what a smart person is like.

I've said it ITT before but if anybody wants to know what he's really like, watch the season of Taskmaster with him in. It's *very* enlightening about what a stupid dipshit he is.

His basic approach to the show seems to be "Hmm, I'm a smart person, the thing I think of first should be a really good idea". Then he does that thing, and it fails horribly.

He's one of those people where he probably is actually capable of coming up with smart ideas about things but instead he has too much trust in his instincts so doesn't actually bother to engage his brain. It's functionally no different from being very stupid, except that these people are generally more able to *appear* clever in some contexts or situations, to some people.

When my wife and I were watching through Taskmaster and I saw that he was on the next season we were going to watch, I thought "I'm not sure I want to watch it with that prick in", but I'm glad I did. It was actually a good season and Baddiel was shown up throughout as the total moron that he is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WhatEvil posted:

I've said it ITT before but if anybody wants to know what he's really like, watch the season of Taskmaster with him in. It's *very* enlightening about what a stupid dipshit he is.

His basic approach to the show seems to be "Hmm, I'm a smart person, the thing I think of first should be a really good idea". Then he does that thing, and it fails horribly.

He's one of those people where he probably is actually capable of coming up with smart ideas about things but instead he has too much trust in his instincts so doesn't actually bother to engage his brain. It's functionally no different from being very stupid, except that these people are generally more able to *appear* clever in some contexts or situations, to some people.

When my wife and I were watching through Taskmaster and I saw that he was on the next season we were going to watch, I thought "I'm not sure I want to watch it with that prick in", but I'm glad I did. It was actually a good season and Baddiel was shown up throughout as the total moron that he is.

Ed Gamble being repeatedly very mad when he was stuck on the same team as Baddiel for the prize task was always comedy gold.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He got lumbered with a bad deal.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mae wee tum-tum https://twitter.com/ScotNational/status/1769727204911620126

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He should go to his fake foodbank and medical centre and ask for some fake medical advice and a fake sandwich.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

If it wasn’t for the track record of scams and grift he could’ve saved face by claiming it was a situationist art piece about the falsities of AI and mass media.

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

That quote feels like a Limmy skit.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:yeshaha:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The stress of it all seems to have made his hair fall out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Ed Gamble being repeatedly very mad when he was stuck on the same team as Baddiel for the prize task was always comedy gold.

The draw a picture on their back task :allears:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just thinking about this - I wonder if he made the mistake of thinking he could reproduce that AI art in real life.

Tbh the difference between them is the same as the difference between the wonderful art work I create in my head and what actually appears if I try to manifest it in real life.

(But yeah I know he has a history with other scams).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mirror universe stuart ashen

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Maybe his tummy hurts because of all that single jellybean he ate

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fuctifino posted:

The stress of it all seems to have made his hair fall out

If it keeps falling out and he turns to camera while keeping that expression he might become the worst person you know, making a great point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(But yeah I know he has a history with other scams).
The one thing that a conman doesn't want is for one of their scams to get so wildly popular that people start noticing them.

"I'm sad I got caught" says local man.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1769749902089752876

It's completely normal to have unannounced surprise visits by ex leaders having one-to-one private discussions with the PM. The timing of the visit occurring just before the expected slaughter of Rafah by the IOF is entirely coincidental, and so what if we let them use our military bases, bombs and expertise?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I read the headline as "the man behind the Groundskeeper Willie experience." Which would be a different sort of horrific and traumatising.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Groundskeeper Willie experience, Glasgow.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

I read the headline as "the man behind the Groundskeeper Willie experience." Which would be a different sort of horrific and traumatising.

You have to bring your own grease

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

soooooo... anyone want to weigh in on the world of bankruptcy? Didnt particularyl want to bring it to the thread but my wife has robbed my business account, taken out fraudulent loans in my name etc. I am essentially hosed and need to declare bankruptcy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is there a single person in the UK that's buying into this shite

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1769763592734122427?t=vcup6D3xOYzfhzW_u0PpNw&s=19

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

smellmycheese posted:

soooooo... anyone want to weigh in on the world of bankruptcy? Didnt particularyl want to bring it to the thread but my wife has robbed my business account, taken out fraudulent loans in my name etc. I am essentially hosed and need to declare bankruptcy

First go here:

https://stopmydebt.co.uk/

One of my brothers (not Tory Boy) declared bankruptcy (not because he was robbed but because he was a profligate purchaser of expensive musical equipment & had 2 ex wives & a brood of kids to support). After 3-4 years he started getting sent invitations to apply for credit cards again so didn't do any serious long term damage (but I Am Not A Lawyer Or An Accountant).

ed: Note: Before being declared bankrupt there is an upfront cost payable of £680. This is payable in instalments although your application will not be processed until the full fee is paid. Some of the other options on the stopmydebt site might fit better, do their questionnaire.

ed2: I didn't clock it was business bankruptcy (possibly depending how you are structured) so if it is, go here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

smellmycheese posted:

You need a solicitor, not an internet forum.