Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I sadly know a lot about rappaport from Howard Stern shows and the guy is not well at all. Maybe it was a bit tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Seems like the Israelis are making GBS threads their diapers and pooping their pamps bigtime

=====================

‎Israeli sources: Disagreements between officials to expand the powers of the negotiating delegation‎

‎Israel's Channel 13 reported, citing informed sources, that there are differences between the official in charge of the file of detained prisoners and ministers, demanding the expansion of the powers of the negotiating delegation.‎

‎The sources quoted the official as saying that the political leadership has excessively reduced the powers of the delegation, noting that the negotiations will fail without broad powers.‎

‎It is assumed, according to Israeli media, the arrival of a delegation on Monday to the Qatari capital, Doha, to provide Tel Aviv's response to the proposal of the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (‎‎Hamas‎‎) on a deal to exchange prisoners and detainees, and to reach a truce in the ‎‎Gaza Strip‎‎.‎

‎Netanyahu prevents Shin Bet chief from meeting with US official‎

‎Israel's Channel 12 revealed that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is preventing the head of the Shin Bet security service and the head of the Military Intelligence Division (Aman) from meeting with Barbara Lev, the US assistant secretary of state visiting Israel.‎

‎Israeli officials: Netanyahu reduced the powers of the negotiating delegation‎

‎The Jerusalem Post quoted Israeli officials as saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave the negotiating delegation far less authorization than security leaders had requested.‎

‎Israeli officials said Netanyahu had set tougher red lines on the list of Palestinian prisoners in the deal.‎

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Losers

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1769824356673159242

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

At first I was going to say, "Well, Glazer's speech rocked but restructuring that sentence about 'refuting my Jewishness' might have helped to prevent misunderstandings". But then I read and it was the usual ":qq: Those red pins were hurtful! :qq:" bad-faith bullshit.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

bobtheconqueror posted:

Edit: I remember somebody in the Israeli government specifically proposing that they split up the Palestinians into small groups and send them all over the world in order to reduce the potential backlash like they'd see if they just did another Nakba.

It's also just clearly nonsensical. Like, it would be a stupid conspiracy theory if Israel weren't a genocidal ethno-state, but they are, so we have these stupid rear end ideas that are entirely too reminiscent of German plans to deport Jewish people prior to the Holocaust.
Or the way US "abolitionists" pioneered the formation of Liberia. Because, yes, African-Americans can be emancipated but also you have to go where I never have to look at you. And then threw a tantrum when Liberia fulfilled the "American dream" and declared independence lmao

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

hmhb fan posted:

Or the way US "abolitionists" pioneered the formation of Liberia. Because, yes, African-Americans can be emancipated but also you have to go where I never have to look at you. And then threw a tantrum when Liberia fulfilled the "American dream" and declared independence lmao

The US wanted to try it again before the Civil War in Panama with a new colony named Linconia.

BearsBearsBears has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Mar 18, 2024

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I hadn't seen it. It does a really good job of covering a lot of the bullshit/slaughter since the genocide started. Nothing new to thread regulars, but it's well made

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

At first I was going to say, "Well, Glazer's speech rocked but restructuring that sentence about 'refuting my Jewishness' might have helped to prevent misunderstandings". But then I read and it was the usual ":qq: Those red pins were hurtful! :qq:" bad-faith bullshit.

I have been encountering the pro-israeli argument on a wide variety of social media, including very very local Irish messageboards, and it is extraordinarily similar across every platform.
-Every Palestinian is hamas.
-Palestine was never a real country
-Israel is not 'carpet bombing' Palestine
-Palestinians have rejected every peace deal.
-Israelis are all native to Israel.
-Criticism of Israel is anti-semetic.

It's so extremely blunt and unconvincing, it's like Israel has completely lost the ability to connect with non-Israelis or loopy Zionists.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pookah posted:

I have been encountering the pro-israeli argument on a wide variety of social media, including very very local Irish messageboards, and it is extraordinarily similar across every platform.
-Every Palestinian is hamas.
-Palestine was never a real country
-Israel is not 'carpet bombing' Palestine
-Palestinians have rejected every peace deal.
-Israelis are all native to Israel.
-Criticism of Israel is anti-semetic.

It's so extremely blunt and unconvincing, it's like Israel has completely lost the ability to connect with non-Israelis or loopy Zionists.

the law of diminishing returns kicked in and now they're panic mashing the 'make this go away' propaganda button but it no longer works. so they mash it even harder lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

trying to decide if Debrah messing or Michael rappaport is the biggest name of signees lol

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

And the response to any pushback is always the same - you learn everything from tiktok, you are an idiot, you are stupid.
Pro-Israelis have completely lost the ability to massage the message and connect with the other.
Its 100% insults and threats to call the manager

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trying to decide if Debrah messing or Michael rappaport is the biggest name of signees lol

Jennifer Jason Leigh

quote:

“The use of words like ‘occupation’ to describe an indigenous Jewish people defending a homeland that dates back thousands of years, and has been recognized as a state by the United Nations, distorts history. It gives credence to the modern blood libel that fuels a growing anti-Jewish hatred around the world, in the United States, and in Hollywood.”

loving ghouls

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

you would have to be the biggest pussy in the universe for that glazer speech to make you feel "scared" lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

you would have to be the biggest pussy in the universe for that glazer speech to make you feel "scared" lmao

https://x.com/Lubchansky/status/1769725695213904210?s=20

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Michael Rapaport – Actor/Disruptor

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Al! posted:

adult white converts to islam are just as funny if not funnier

https://twitter.com/Rockybalbonga1/status/1758244195658002552

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

loved the neo-FF text dump but the only thing i can’t shake is that whereas protest did seem to move the needle with the german nazis, there are lots of protests going on with the hostage families right now in israel and that’s not seeming to change anything, if anything they targeted the hostages even more

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

loved the neo-FF text dump but the only thing i can’t shake is that whereas protest did seem to move the needle with the german nazis, there are lots of protests going on with the hostage families right now in israel and that’s not seeming to change anything, if anything they targeted the hostages even more

there’s been a huge, largely undocumented innovation in governance where governments realized that they can just not do what protesters want and it’s fine. The only thing you have to scale up or down is how much violence you employ at the protestors.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Isentropy posted:

Because usually they're converting to get more bigoted.

idk man, just become some sort of christian for minimal dietary restrictions.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

weaponized insincerity

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mister Speaker posted:

One of the funniest things about the movie Four Lions is that Barry is apparently based on a real guy, a former BNP member who started reading the Quran to try to outsmart the Muslims he'd attack. He liked it so much he converted to Islam. It's not really mentioned in the movie, but the mere fact that one of these radical terrorist dudes (the one with the dumbest ideas) is a white British guy, is comedic in itself.

BNP to Jihadist what a creative build

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://fxtwitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1769872228831592783?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

“progress being made” while Netanyahu takes powers away from the negotiating team.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lots of and lots of progress saying progress

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Jel Shaker posted:

It could be the situations are too different to compare because of differences in the sources of legitimacy. The Nazis were ultimately beholden to the German people and had no outside sources of support. The Israeli govt is split between being beholden to it's people as well as the US, and more importantly gets massive support from the US. With such incredible outside support, Israel may be able to keep going even in defiance of it's own people, at least until the civil war starts.

I may be completely wrong tho. Going back to that long post, which I would summarize as "even a dictatorship can only operate with the consent of the governed" , I think that despite the protests there must be many more Israelis who just don't give a drat about the hostages.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the son of saul director had the most incoherent response, like glazer was an unjew but also hamas but also some other bullshit, just throwing everything at the wall

it'd take a pretty wretched human being to spend 10 years reading about the holocaust and making a film about its perpetrators living beside a concentration camp and not see the parallels with politics today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

euphronius posted:

I sadly know a lot about rappaport from Howard Stern shows and the guy is not well at all. Maybe it was a bit tho

You have to view him in the context of a wack packer.

https://x.com/KeithWoodsYT/status/1769827954685591930?s=20

based klandace ownes is something pretty new........... she got this ghoul to pull out that disgusting golda mier quote with a straight face.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/aldanmarki/status/1769862965887389721?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

mcmagic posted:

based klandace ownes

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Candace Owens.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

mcmagic posted:

You have to view him in the context of a wack packer.

https://x.com/KeithWoodsYT/status/1769827954685591930?s=20

based klandace ownes is something pretty new........... she got this ghoul to pull out that disgusting golda mier quote with a straight face.

Virgin "Israel bad bc Jews" fascist vs Chad "Israel based bc white settler colonialism" fascist

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mister Speaker posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Candace Owens.

I might be wrong on this but I do feel like on this specific issue she's coming from a place of conscience...... She is not going to financialy benefit from criticizing Israel.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I might be wrong on this but I do feel like on this specific issue she's coming from a place of conscience...... She is not going to financialy benefit from criticizing Israel.

She just hates Jews hth

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

good, wear them down the jit military that has been skimping on maintenance for decades

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Honky Mao posted:

She just hates Jews hth

maybe she has a good reason ?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Yeah ok lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wroe v blockade

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

He hasn't talked to him in a month???????

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mcmagic posted:

"You made me do this" is the line of every abusive parent and colonial power in history.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It rocks that "our enemies can actually shoot back" is the worst thing that happened since an apocalyptic scale of naval warfare across an entire ocean

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

"The use of words like ‘occupation’ to describe an indigenous Jewish people defending a homeland that dates back thousands of years"

is some real disingenuous Mickey Mouse bullshit, since any other country having irredentist or revanchist claims that far back would be treated as ridiculous. Putin just providing an overview of the region was treated as a farce. The Greeks have a better claim to the region by that metric, since they lived there longer and did more with the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

RealityWarCriminal posted:

organized crime and extortion in the entertainment industry

diddy hasn't had an original idea since ready to die.