Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ugh, that sucks. It really feels like imgur would prefer to just be its own environment where everyone goes to comment and vote on each other's pictures, rather than being useful to the rest of the internet.

Being useful to the rest of the internet has absolutely no potential revenue model for them. I'm frankly shocked that they've supported hotlinking media for as long as they have; pretty much every other large image host has closed up shop or banned hotlinking.

Being a social media site at least gets people onto their pages, which have ads embedded in them, which can generate some money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I've been uploading images directly to my Imgur account and copying the link, and it shows me an ad after every upload lol

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Chewbecca posted:

Yeah I think you maybe can't delete them, and would have to pm a mod lol

Good thing I didn't select the wrong image! :sweatdrop:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

FWIW, I'm trying to upload an image to Imgur on my desktop and it doesn't seem to be added to my uploads, none of the buttons on the page work, and clicking on the share links is giving me
code:
[url]https://imgur.com/undefined[/url]

and

[img]undefined[/img]

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
Is the shortcut for bookmarks still in widgets? I can't find it. I'm using the last beta for nova launcher 8.0.14 beta on MIUI 14.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tabachinova posted:

Is the shortcut for bookmarks still in widgets? I can't find it. I'm using the last beta for nova launcher 8.0.14 beta on MIUI 14.

if I long press the app button I can make a bookmarks shortcut if that's what you're looking for

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

if I long press the app button I can make a bookmarks shortcut if that's what you're looking for

Yes thanks you

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

What does this mean?

Chewbecca posted:

I got this error in my password manager re: the Awful app, but not re: my somethingawful account (they're listed as 2 separate accounts on there)

Does that mean the Awful app is compromised???

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Your SA password has been found in some data breach. You should probably change it on the forums (the app does not have that functionality), and probably also in all the other places that you're using this password.

Just to make it clear, the app does not save your password and does not send it anywhere else than to the forums to login you in.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There's been a whole bunch of accounts compromised recently so I guess someone has been credential stuffing from another breach

Dont reuse passwords dumb dumb

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
From the legends thread:

insane anime posted:

Mod Edit: Potential compromising link removed, account may be hacked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

pentyne posted:

drat SA is in some elite company

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Sereri posted:

Your SA password has been found in some data breach. You should probably change it on the forums (the app does not have that functionality), and probably also in all the other places that you're using this password.

Just to make it clear, the app does not save your password and does not send it anywhere else than to the forums to login you in.

Yeah I reset it instantly when I saw this as I got spooked. And the reason I even went looking is cos of all the compromised accounts and their djasual dating links lol

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How in the gently caress do you manually upload with the imgur app and get a bbcode tag for it?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

cr0y posted:

How in the gently caress do you manually upload with the imgur app and get a bbcode tag for it?

I'm the Imgur app click on the 'copy url' button

Then in the Awful app you paste the URL into the 'insert image' field. This generates the BB code for you.

It's easy to do, just painful going between apps.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Nm

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

App login has been broken for about an hour, website still working ok though working now

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 28, 2024

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
App login still isn't working for me. Just get a "login failed" message.

e: of course, right after I posted, it started working again.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Chas McGill posted:

App login still isn't working for me. Just get a "login failed" message.

e: of course, right after I posted, it started working again.

This happened to me last month and then after a few hours it mysteriously started working again as well.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Idk if it's a new version or my phone being dumb but my awful app viewport keeps rubber banding back up when I try to scroll down :(

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Is it when you're on a page with lots of images still loading? I get that a lot but I'm just impatient

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ziasquinn posted:

Idk if it's a new version or my phone being dumb but my awful app viewport keeps rubber banding back up when I try to scroll down :(

That happens to me but it's normally because there are tons of twitter links and pics but I just leave it 5-10 seconds so it can load properly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
All of a sudden twitch embeds are autoplaying, which just scared the bejesus out of me by 4 overlapping old spice commercials starting up simultaneously. Even does it with minimized already-read posts.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

All of a sudden twitch embeds are autoplaying, which just scared the bejesus out of me by 4 overlapping old spice commercials starting up simultaneously. Even does it with minimized already-read posts.

this happened to me last night and scared the hell out of me lmfao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Happening for me and I don't even have video embeds turned on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Any particular posts? I'm curious now, but I feel like I see twitch embeds so infrequently that it would take me forever to notice of ours happening on my end.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I linked to a timestamp of a goon getting absolutely blown up by a streamer and a bunch of people quoted it and it made my phone speakers go insane the next time I loaded this page of the thread, without clicking any of the embeds:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055683&pagenumber=62&perpage=40

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Captain Invictus posted:

I linked to a timestamp of a goon getting absolutely blown up by a streamer and a bunch of people quoted it and it made my phone speakers go insane the next time I loaded this page of the thread, without clicking any of the embeds:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055683&pagenumber=62&perpage=40

:lol: That's hilarious. Feature not bug, please. :v:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That's not happening for me fwiw

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, that's weird - the embed loads like molasses, but it did start autoplaying an ad before crashing my app. Multiple times, on multiple phones :v:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Happening to me too!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Getting a "bad request" error when I try to upload to Imgur.

Is this a known issue?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Getting a "bad request" error when I try to upload to Imgur.

Is this a known issue?

Yeah, it's been busted for a while now. At least the imgur website still works, I've never been able to get an upload to work via their own app :confuoot:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, it's been busted for a while now. At least the imgur website still works, I've never been able to get an upload to work via their own app :confuoot:

Oof ok. Yeah put my name next to a bug request then.

Is there a repo? I'm a moblie poster 90% of the time so it hits me pretty hard not being to quickly upload in 1 spot

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 18, 2024

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never been able to get an upload to work via their own app :confuoot:

That's weird, the app is how I've been posting images since it broke in this app.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Hidden imgur uploads work but there's no obvious way to see them in the app. You have to tap on this header which is not an obvious button to switch to hidden.

On the mobile website the buttons are way more obvious.

On a related note, is the Add File Attachment supposed to work with posting images? I can attach but I don't see a way to use the attachment inline. Example attached.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thorgot fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 18, 2024

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Thorgot posted:

On a related note, is the Add File Attachment supposed to work with posting images? I can attach but I don't see a way to use the attachment inline. Example attached.

Do you mean when you click "... - > add file attachment"? As far as I can see, it shows up at the bottom of your post and you can't edit it. Though I see some code when I quote your post.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Oh weird.

So you can grab the id by quoting but not by editing.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Oh man, have you guys mastered the imgur app somehow? Because if so I need to plead for you help because I have got nowhere with it.

I manage to get as far as this screen:

And then i tap "Post". That immediately takes me to this screen:

...and there's no indication that anything has happened. Did it upload? where did it go? how do i see it? Mysteries for the ages. I can't fathom it.

I did check my user account's Posts tab to see if it appeared there but... the only images that appear there are the above two screenshots. Which I emailed to myself and uploaded to imgur from my computer :rolleyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's exactly what happened to me, images I uploaded into the app just seemed to disappear no matter which of my user sections I looked at, from the app or a browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Oh man, have you guys mastered the imgur app somehow? Because if so I need to plead for you help because I have got nowhere with it.

I manage to get as far as this screen:

And then i tap "Post". That immediately takes me to this screen:

...and there's no indication that anything has happened. Did it upload? where did it go? how do i see it? Mysteries for the ages. I can't fathom it.

I did check my user account's Posts tab to see if it appeared there but... the only images that appear there are the above two screenshots. Which I emailed to myself and uploaded to imgur from my computer :rolleyes:

That happened to me the first time I used it, seems to be working okay, now.

But also, did you try this: (?)

Thorgot posted:

Hidden imgur uploads work but there's no obvious way to see them in the app. You have to tap on this header which is not an obvious button to switch to hidden.

Also, i find getting the url to the image itself annoying.

Tap on the image you want to share.
Tap on it a second time.
Then hit the share button with the correct link.

If you hit the share button on the first screen, it seems to only give you the url to the imgur page, not the image itself.