Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

A total coincidence this guy was basically the only military person saying what's happening in gaza is a genocide

The article suggests this all happened before the gaza war

Though I might be wrong because the article is not at all clear on the timeline

quote:

He told The Telegraph that he “shared a bottle of champagne” with work colleagues and was “short-toured” because of this, meaning he was removed from his post ahead of the official end of his assignment. He said the other complaints about him were investigated but thrown out.

Once back in the UK, Maj Gen Herbert took up a new position at the defence academy in Swindon before retiring from the Army altogether the following year.

Since retiring in 2019, he has become an outspoken commentator on military affairs, most recently about the Israel-Gaza war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The article goes into more detail. Apparently she spent the morning watching her kids play a sport.

What sport? They can't say but the anonymous sources who saw her say it was definitely a sport.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Microplastics posted:

The article suggests this all happened before the gaza war

Though I might be wrong because the article is not at all clear on the timeline

maybe but there is only 1 reason they've made it headline news now

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The article goes into more detail. Apparently she spent the morning watching her kids play a sport.

What sport? They can't say but the anonymous sources who saw her say it was definitely a sport.

They definitely needed to give chatgpt more to work with here.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
What's the source that there would be an announcement? Journos going home now smh.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

excuse me? this ends the web rumours i think you’ll find

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

is maths a sport?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Private Speech posted:

It was a muslim country and all that.

But also they probably wanted to get rid of him.

Yeah, the higher reaches of the armed forces are massively cliquey and political and that shades into actual national politics. That's blatantly the sort of thing that nobody would care about normally and a fig leaf for dumping an officer who either got too big for his boots or crossed the wrong people.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

How are they so bad at this? Lizard people should be masters of propaganda, instead they sound like Resident Alien from the TV show.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

How are they so bad at this? Lizard people should be masters of propaganda, instead they sound like Resident Alien from the TV show.

All the mildly competent people are dead. The system is running on failsons and inertia.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

how the gently caress is this still going on lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

don't worry this extremely conclusive video evidence has ended it

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1769819450990322114?t=ohgA8PsjMiQ5hb-RRKNdcA

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s amazing what animatronics can dothese days

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jose posted:

don't worry this extremely conclusive video evidence has ended it

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1769819450990322114?t=ohgA8PsjMiQ5hb-RRKNdcA

No copy of today's paper in shot, 5/5 Pinocchios

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
In the article it says it was a US rule, freedom being what it is over there.

Who is this story for?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

roughest looking 47 year old i've ever seen

https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/1769758372377636886

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/BazakeMedia/status/1769839555891310741?t=09DeDbxLcKe3mqW2o9HyCQ&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I love how this keeps getting worse

https://twitter.com/JonIsTheFuture/status/1769826178150310228

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is just like the Melania thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

surely the effort here is way way worse

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Princess Kate Middleton "positively glowing" in recently released security camera footage.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

she has reached levels of dead scientists peviously thougt impossible

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Princess Kate Middleton "positively glowing" in recently released security camera footage.

i bring you looooove

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

tweeting that people should buy a physical copy of your newspaper is insane

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

euphronius posted:

So it's real then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

British media covering the important stuff

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1769993943830143274?t=L7UwjbzNkKJr_YqBXQ9BVw&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Does he have to put his arms up while the butler pulls on his shirt and tucks it in for him.

Does he wipe his own rear end?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i feel like the prince of wales needs a taxidermist more than a butler right now

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/sarahzhang/status/1769795251193946597?s=20

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Men’s fashion is hilariously simple, especially in your 40s and 50s. Dude does need to up his hat game.

Regarding the incest thing above, Norfolk exists of course.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Starbucks posted:

Men’s fashion is hilariously simple, especially in your 40s and 50s. Dude does need to up his hat game.

don't know if wearing a hat would improve his look

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Starbucks posted:

As a man I hate men's fashion for this reason. I want to look loving awesome but all I have is some variation of shirt and trousers along with about 5 colours.

It. loving. Sucks.

I went to a V&A exhibition about mens fashion and it's all down to the loving empire as everything basically became a version of military uniform.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

there's nothing preventing you from wearing marvel tshirt and jorts with sandals

kecske has issued a correction as of 11:06 on Mar 19, 2024

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I just wear my pyjamas all day and put on jeans/t-shirt if I need to go out or answer the door.

Fashion is my passion.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

I just wear my pyjamas all day and put on jeans/t-shirt if I need to go out or answer the door.

Fashion is my passion.

You put clothes on to answer the door? Lol

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

notaspy posted:

As a man I hate men's fashion for this reason. I want to look loving awesome but all I have is some variation of shirt and trousers along with about 5 colours.

It. loving. Sucks.

I went to a V&A exhibition about mens fashion and it's all down to the loving empire as everything basically became a version of military uniform.

You can shop for clothes in places that aren't M&S or uniqlo

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

kecske posted:

there's nothing preventing you from wearing marvel tshirt and jorts with sandals

and who doesn't love a good pair of jorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Microplastics posted:

You put clothes on to answer the door? Lol

No one needs to witness my dilapidated sleepware