Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Between Salad and Cob I mean. I dunno about Shwinn, they seem super aggro but that's a null tell in my books. I don't think I'd vote them today.

Actually, speaking of bussing.

##vote shwinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That sure screams "scum casing scum" to me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone got thoughts on plastic flipping scum

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Tired Moritz posted:

I think he was scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay fine no one read!! (Including me)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Personally, I'm for it

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay fine no one read!! (Including me)

Read my posts, I had thoughts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wins32767 posted:

Yeah, that's what makes TPC feel more bus like to me. Being intentional about voting and consistent versus not really caring. Like overthinking the TPC votes.

hmm okay i see what you're saying, but they were on tpc right until the last minute.

when he voted tpc it took her to 4, when cob was at 5 votes (i think from my countback). it brought her close to becoming the alternative which i think is a dicey play for day 1 scum unless a deliberate hard bus.

idk, maybe i'm a bit more conservative with my bussing when scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually no i think my countback is wrong. let me do it again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

saladscooper (6): Zoya, AnonymousNarcotics, Zoya, shwinnebego, Johnny Keats, Cloacamazing!, GulagDolls, death cob for cutie
death cob for cutie (6): wins32767, wologar, wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego, Zoya, Tea Party Crasher, Opopanax, PlasticAutomaton
shwinnebego (2): saladscooper, Monathin
Tea Party Crasher (1): PlasticAutomaton, Johnny Keats, death cob for cutie, sharkmafia, saladscooper, saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, Johnny Keats, death cob for cutie
Opopanax (0): Tea Party Crasher, wologar, Zoya, wologar, Tea Party Crasher, Zoya
Tired Moritz (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!
Monathin (0): PlasticAutomaton, hambeet, hambeet, PlasticAutomaton
Johnny Keats (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
AnonymousNarcotics (0): wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego
hambeet (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
Cloacamazing! (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
sharkmafia (0): GulagDolls, Tea Party Crasher, Cloacamazing!, Tea Party Crasher, Cloacamazing!, GulagDolls
GulagDolls (0): shwinnebego, shwinnebego

Not Voting (2): hambeet, Tired Moritz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2024 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 19 minutes.

so from here

salad 6
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2
tpc 1

Cloacamazing! posted:

Want to try? ##vote TPC

salad 6 5
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2
tpc 1 2

Monathin posted:

God I hate all these options so sure let's make a mess of things ##vote TPC

salad 6 5
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote salad

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3

PlasticAutomaton posted:

##vote: TPC hell yeah lets do this

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3 4

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ugggh.

##vote: cob

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3

Cloacamazing! posted:

Y'all are boring. ##vote cob

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7 8
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3 2

hambeet posted:

hmmmm ##vote da cob

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7 8 9
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3 2

and hammer.

okay so it wasn't 5/4 i miscounted salad. it was 6,5,4. probably not as lineball as i had first thought, but it was a quick build up of momentum that could have gotten away from plastic...

though it did take only one vote for plastic to 'give up' which was pretty quick... hmm

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Thanks for laying that out. It actually makes it a lot clearer. I was thinking that cob had lost votes and so salad would have been the vote later when they shifted back to not wanting to no dunk. The fact that they were both at 6 makes it more reasonable for them to swerve back to cob.

🤷‍♂️ Just figured I'd ask. OK doing some rereading now that we actually have some content to go off.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

hambeet posted:

see i thought the monathin thing stood out more as he hopped off it very easily without a backward look. there's no real conviction to it after the initial post / vote.

whereas tpc he went back to a second time and even canvassed if people were interested in voting with him.

wins32767 posted:

Yeah, that's what makes TPC feel more bus like to me. Being intentional about voting and consistent versus not really caring. Like overthinking the TPC votes.

I agree with beet here. Seems like he was just testing the waters but it was kinda early so maybe just a drive by, get a vote on someone thing.

I still think salad is scum, and with plastic being very on top of steering the vote to anyone other than him, it's fairly sus.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
wait, wtf

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I received a great deal of feedback on my last avatar and I'm hoping to renew my image, quite literally

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I received a great deal of feedback on my last avatar and I'm hoping to renew my image, quite literally

##vote TPC

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Can't please everybody

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

##vote shwinn

I find all of the bussing speculation weird. Why would scum start with that right out of the gate and give themselves an uphill battle when there's no outside pressure forcing them to do so in order to get some social currency

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

It feels like a slap dash way to say turn two names into an accusation without any real content germaine to the game. Like if you were to say that they were distancing, that would make sense to me, but full-on busing? I don't know doesn't make sense to me

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

salad is, and I can’t stress this enough, scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Can't please everybody

Not with that attitude!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

Not with that attitude!

you know what you're right. What kind of people pleaser would I be if I didn't try

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

##vote TPC

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

shwinnebego posted:

salad is, and I can’t stress this enough, scum

this is true but look at TPC's avi

look at it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wow that's honestly kinda rude to vote someone that just changed their Avi because people kept complaining it gave them "seizures" and "is distractingly sexy" and "reminds them of hazbin hotel".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Jokes aside, it's cute. It's not as cute as snooze's Marcille but that's a high bar to cross

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Too many anime avatars itt

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

did you change it tpc? i thought someone changed it for you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Too many anime avatars itt

weeb the people

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

"reminds them of hazbin hotel".

Wow I'm really glad I changed it now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lmao i missed that tmor post

massive burn

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
e: wrong game sorry!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mod kill them for post editing!!!!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

death cob for cutie posted:

e: wrong game sorry!

The dead walk among us!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmmm ඞ some suspicious night action fuckery afoot

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

hambeet posted:

so from here

salad 6
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2
tpc 1

salad 6 5
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2
tpc 1 2

salad 6 5
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5
shwinney 2 1
tpc 1 2 3 4

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7 8
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3 2

salad 6 5 6
cobby boy 6 5 6 7 8 9
shwinney 2 1 0
tpc 1 2 3 4 3 2

and hammer.

okay so it wasn't 5/4 i miscounted salad. it was 6,5,4. probably not as lineball as i had first thought, but it was a quick build up of momentum that could have gotten away from plastic...

though it did take only one vote for plastic to 'give up' which was pretty quick... hmm

Given that Plastic was the tiebreaker, you're actually not that wrong

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Roles were assigned /before/ picks. I'm don't think you've really forgotten that.

##vote: TPC

Thank you Keats for killing jokephase.

hmm... imma be real, it doesn't look like an attempt to bus from here y'all. in general i also don't think most people go ham bussing their teammates like that right out the gate

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Confusion on the field: Keats was town???

Wow, this game never stops being full of surprises, does it? Jonathan B. Keats was actually town? This is impossible! The audience is already demanding a recount.

In other news, we seem to have run out of pitchers. I think this is bad, you need pitchers full of refreshing lemonade for the players, right? So if anybody has a pitcher or two lying around in their cellars, please come and bring them. We promise not to use them for target practice this time!

The scoreboard has been updated to reflect the recent unfortunate discoveries that the Maerry Lynners weren't actually playing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I find all of the bussing speculation weird. Why would scum start with that right out of the gate and give themselves an uphill battle when there's no outside pressure forcing them to do so in order to get some social currency

This isn't starting with it, though, it's scum specifically picking a case that had some minor traction (in this case, Shwinn) and trying to downplay it. Plastic doesn't say Shwinn looks town, but forces the Shwinn conversation to essentially stall out and for the votes to swing elsewhere, while leaving the door open to go "actually I changed my mind, shwinn looks like scum" later if he needed to bus shwinn for cred.

It speaks to a connection.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

hmm... imma be real, it doesn't look like an attempt to bus from here y'all. in general i also don't think most people go ham bussing their teammates like that right out the gate

this is extra true in a warring scum game. scum don't need to fake scumhunting so... idk y u would do that intentionally.

Monathin posted:

fwiw I think this is a pretty town-ish vote on me. Calling me out as lurking up until this point is justified and I have literally in fact nailed Plastic to the wall on being lurking scum on the same merits.

Now you can make a WIFOM case for how Fire/Ice means scum players can act more towny and earn cred 'legitimately' by scumhunting the other team, but I don't think a scum would try to hunt lurkers as aggressively as this.

probably not on plastic's team. monathin's followup casing on shwinn feels pretty authentic to me

Monathin posted:

##vote shwinn

I agree with this too. will mindlessly sheep this case for now. ##vote shwinn

also zoya explains their reads less than me (!!!!!!!!!) so... not the best kill today I don't think but ok. will change my mind on this if they recruit me to 3p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Wow I'm really glad I changed it now

Is hazbin hotel a thing that people don’t like