Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Shut the gently caress up, euroshopper.

euros hopper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

HopperUK posted:

I'm not gonna lie it felt good just to be able to tell a couple of those fucks to get out. Like here in the UK we have a horrendous transphobia problem in the media and I'm so used to seeing the Reasonable Discussions that boil my blood. It was nice to be able to just say no, we're not having that discussion here, it's not up for debate, gently caress off. 'oh so I'm not allowed to voice my opinion here?' no you aren't, gently caress off

The freaking UK man. I got offered up an article that was like "Europe is looking at Canada as an example of what NOT to do!" and I'm like "yeah no doubt we hosed up a lot of poo poo let's see what they have to say" and the article was just complaining about how draconian canada is for allowing they/them pronouns and just pronouns in general. Parasite Eve cannot reduce us all to a pile of goop soon enough!!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

DMC3-5 are godlike games. the Capcom dark age was such a bummer to me

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

This person agrees with that sentiment, pronouns are dumb. This person refuses to use them.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Marcade posted:

This person agrees with that sentiment, pronouns are dumb. This person refuses to use them.

i liked these guys in Mass Effect

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

womb with a view posted:

Which one is RE6

its the one where the chraracter model takes up 50% of the screen

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Even better was that the whole Star Citizen thread purge was because when Hogwarts Legacy discussion started a 'valued' poster wanted to chide everyone who was criticizing JKR

LividLiquid posted:

I'll take grifting whales out of money for a game that doesn't exist over giving the richest anti-trans activist on the planet money she'll use to hurt people.

The Titanic posted:

Oh dear.

Space politics. :)

As a woman I can understand her points, and I'm not exactly all up in her business or how far crazy she may be, but I would love for trans rights to exist but maybe while achieving that goal don't water down and wreck havoc over what it means to be a woman to get there.

It's a crazy world and no thread can be safe from the realities of social issues, even when picking on terrible video games. :(

Namaste friend. <3

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kosumo posted:

Wow, amazing.

:boom:

Appenently you cant say what you believe any more.

BumbleOne posted:

hello there, first of all its a shame what happened to our titanic. someone said 1 thing that not everyone can agree to 100% > ban. i was a bit shocked honestly.
then someone else says: "i thought she was such a good poster and then she says this? how could i be so wrong?"

well, if you think that a friend is only a friend if they agree with you 100% of the time, then maybe clone yourself?
or join the borg collective?

i might get banned and yes gimme the banhammer why not.
titanic was/is a cool person. she is a ship godammit! i'm a robot. what do we know.

anyway...cig should just get rid of quantum travel, that gives em some time to build systems while commandos travel at sublightspeed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Omon Ra posted:

Why are you like this?

I used to be a transphobe, but being talked to like a retarded child really turned me around.

Pixelate posted:

Well seeing as the thread's gone to poo poo...

I don't agree with Titanic's position. But I understand that some women who've been victims of sexual assault, in particular, are going to feel that way regardless. Titanic felt safe enough in the thread once to discuss her own experiences in that area.

In that light this dog pile looks all kinds of crap to be honest. Her post wasn't worded with hate. But it may well have come from a place of fear. That kind of transphobia.

If this was a great place for discussing such things, then it would be great if it could be done better.

But it isn't, so back to the cats.

PS congrats on your transitioning Cockroach Queen!

Omon Ra posted:

I've enjoyed this thread as a lurker and hate to see it turned into some ResetEra wrongthink witch hunt. But whatever, I'm already "on the list", so I'll leave you in peace.

edit: did calling me a whore give you a hard-on? V

Novaspectra posted:

As a short term response to simply ensure sure a community isn't populated with toxic people, this maybe the right thing to do. Especially as there are already forum rules in place, that explicitly state that anti-trans views will not be tolerated.
And this will be the case elsewhere too, not just here.

But in the long term, this strategy doesn't work. It ends up pushing people into a corner, isolating them and strengthening their resolve. They will then seek solidarity with people who hold similar views, and this causes further problems for trans people. Organised idealogical groups, working in tandem with influential celebrities peddle the anti-trans position using faux moral panic, and whipped up social media hysteria. This in turn can easily condition impressionable people down a very unsavoury rabbit hole without them realising it. These people are often merely ignorant and misinformed, and can be easily turned back onto the right path with some sensible discourse, and in the long term this is far more helpful.

Manky posted:

Many parts of this are plain wrong. That is a choice, not a natural consequence. Being told "wow your views actually align with Nazis" and deciding to leave here for Stormfront is not on us! There are actually lots of educational and instructive resources out there to turn to before seeking solidarity with outspoken bigots, and as strangers in a shared public space we don't have any obligation beyond telling people when their behavior is unacceptable.

tl:dr a lot of people in the SC thread wanted to politely discuss why trans people can be seen as dangerous and think it is a shame everyone is so reactionary and hostile

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thanks for reposting it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

Even better was that the whole Star Citizen thread purge was because when Hogwarts Legacy discussion started a 'valued' poster wanted to chide everyone who was criticizing JKR

Space politics, wizard politics, it all ends in a self inflicted meltdown.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Space wizard politics, however, lead to 11 movies and counting.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
in the distant future, koos' policy for D&D has won. we're inundated with the most calm hitlers imaginable..

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Ohhh. That RE6.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Somehow most of Capcom's stuff has been a blind spot to me because I don't like fighting games and for some reason never got into RE and DMC until recently. Folks those games are epic.

capcom has been goated for like 30 years. you will not be warned again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I got the tude now posted:

capcom has been goated for like 30 years. you will not be warned again.

I grew up in a Namco household

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I went to Namco High

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Somehow most of Capcom's stuff has been a blind spot to me because I don't like fighting games and for some reason never got into RE and DMC until recently. Folks those games are epic.

super fighting robot..?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I yearn for a team at Capcom to decide they want to take a real crack at a new Breath of Fire game

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Feels Villeneuve posted:

let me tell you about monster hunter

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Farg posted:

I went to Namco High

isnt that the school everyone beats up first in river city ransom?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
They need to do Mega Man justice.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
they did then they forgot again

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i suppose i could play another one of the 18 gunvolt games that sprung up overnight sometime

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

Eating a week probation and running off into the wilderness to cry about it and never return while your friends treat it like a real forum ban is funny but also peak Maidenless behavior.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The freaking UK man. I got offered up an article that was like "Europe is looking at Canada as an example of what NOT to do!" and I'm like "yeah no doubt we hosed up a lot of poo poo let's see what they have to say" and the article was just complaining about how draconian canada is for allowing they/them pronouns and just pronouns in general. Parasite Eve cannot reduce us all to a pile of goop soon enough!!!

Whenever the topic of the UK being poo poo comes up, this tweet pops into my head:

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1633477051914256384?s=20

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Violen posted:

i suppose i could play another one of the 18 gunvolt games that sprung up overnight sometime

they're apparently good but it's hard to get inspired when i dunno where to start

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Release order is always the way

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I yearn for a team at Capcom to decide they want to take a real crack at a new Breath of Fire game

that would be so epic

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Spar was cool

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Whenever the topic of the UK being poo poo comes up, this tweet pops into my head:

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1633477051914256384?s=20

Wait so if you're smuggled into the country and forced to work the government just goes "lol, lmao, get the gently caress out we don't care about the crime committed against you"?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

that would be so epic

it would

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Spar was cool

he was

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

They need to do Mega Man justice.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

ilmucche posted:

Wait so if you're smuggled into the country and forced to work the government just goes "lol, lmao, get the gently caress out we don't care about the crime committed against you"?

basically yeah

:britain:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*17 year old me seeing Lulu’s huge lovingly rendered tits for the first time* The future is now.

Lulu's boobs are anti-woke

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Solefald posted:

basically yeah

This seems like it would encourage people smuggling rather than discourage it as the government seems to believe

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Lulu's boobs are anti-woke

They certainly woke something in me.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

in game character creator where there's a woke <-> based slider that controls bust size

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol at "i'm all for trans rights but they need to stop being so uppity"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it turns out the calm hitlers were in the star citizen thread all along

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

is it still a mock thread or are people actually playing the game now. is there even a game to play yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This seems like it would encourage people smuggling rather than discourage it as the government seems to believe

Yeah

Solefald posted:

basically yeah

I left the country and no longer post in the UK thread :(