Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think Star Citizen is a funny enough scam or video game failure to warrant 12 straight years of mocking it. It doesn't even have a Batman meter.

Perhaps the same could be said of all mock threads...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i’m sad lowtax never drew a spaceship for me.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

He wouldn't draw spaceships, but he did paint the ceiling.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

sebmojo posted:

I do actually believe the single player might release one day and will be a game, i will be very surprised if it is any good.

thats slated 2034

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
What happened to Riker's alien son on TNG

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What happened to Riker's alien son on TNG

the boys in the writer's room came up with that one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Marcade posted:

lol jesus

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Marcade posted:

goddamn. grim lol.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Oh right I get it. drat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

pentyne posted:

Even better was that the whole Star Citizen thread purge was because when Hogwarts Legacy discussion started a 'valued' poster wanted to chide everyone who was criticizing JKR

tl:dr a lot of people in the SC thread wanted to politely discuss why trans people can be seen as dangerous and think it is a shame everyone is so reactionary and hostile

Jesus Christ I forgot how many there were. Like lifting a rock

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

love it when you ban one bigot and several more pop up like a game of whack-a-mole

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hey mods. youtube time stamps are broken. do something

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

honestly I'm surprised she only ate a week for "as a Real Woman I think the transes are destroying womanhood and I can empathize with one of the most notoriously virulent transphobes in the public eye today, to the point many of the people who have worked with her have publicly disavowed her and openly spoken about how damaging her words are to the youth her works appeal to"

edit: this is not criticizing the mod specifically, i can understand wanting a lighter touch, but also, gently caress anyone who humors rowling, politely or otherwise

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so metal slimes give multiple thousands of xp, but metal slime knights only give a couple of hundred. dood.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tiny Myers posted:

honestly I'm surprised she only ate a week for "as a Real Woman I think the transes are destroying womanhood and I can empathize with one of the most notoriously virulent transphobes in the public eye today, to the point many of the people who have worked with her have publicly disavowed her and openly spoken about how damaging her words are to the youth her works appeal to"

edit: this is not criticizing the mod specifically, i can understand wanting a lighter touch, but also, gently caress anyone who humors rowling, politely or otherwise

its cool it wasnt a ban because it made the other posters show off that they dont even know what a probation is and that they thought she was banned

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah I'd just ban it on sight now, that was a year ago, I have aged a millennium since then

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Jesus Christ I forgot how many there were. Like lifting a rock

almost all over them left forever over that incident except for 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My favorite J. K. Rowling story is that I read all of the Harry Potter books just before the sixth one came out, and when FYAD put the big "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!" spoiler in the forums name, I looked at the thread that posted the actual text from those two pages or whatever, and thought it was a fake parody because the actual language seemed too bad even for a series that survives on its ideas and definitely not its writing, but then it was real. So I sort of got double-pranked, lol.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bicyclops posted:

My favorite J. K. Rowling story is that I read all of the Harry Potter books just before the sixth one came out, and when FYAD put the big "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!" spoiler in the forums name, I looked at the thread that posted the actual text from those two pages or whatever, and thought it was a fake parody because the actual language seemed too bad even for a series that survives on its ideas and definitely not its writing, but then it was real. So I sort of got double-pranked, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
noooo you bitch! you bitch!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

so metal slimes give multiple thousands of xp, but metal slime knights only give a couple of hundred. dood.

The experience comes from their wild spirit and joie de vivre. This spirit is taken from them when the little guy rides them like a horsie

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The experience comes from their wild spirit and joie de vivre. This spirit is taken from them when the little guy rides them like a horsie

so, exterminate, but don't domesticate?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i read something similar happened with Ready Player 2, even on the RP1 reddit page people called the leaks poo poo tier fakes that were not believable in the slightest and then it turned out to be 100% accurate

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i forget how i came across it but the bit about harry being the last horcrux was spoiled for me and i was like "no way, that would be so stupid" but then it turns out that was indeed what happened.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

so, exterminate, but don't domesticate?

You and the slime knight are two sides of the same coin. Both of you exploit the metal slime for your own purposes.

Knight just got to him first

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never read Harry Potter and am perfectly content with that decision twenty years on.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i forget how i came across it but the bit about harry being the last horcrux was spoiled for me and i was like "no way, that would be so stupid" but then it turns out that was indeed what happened.

remembering when people wanted to take these novels extremely seriously as "real literature" and lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I never read Harry Potter and am perfectly content with that decision twenty years on.

i read all of them. mad?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i read all of them. mad?

I stopped at the fifth one.

(imagine me doing this kind of thing while saying this, i don't know who this guy is though)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

ilmucche posted:

Wait so if you're smuggled into the country and forced to work the government just goes "lol, lmao, get the gently caress out we don't care about the crime committed against you"?

It is literally how they built their Olympics.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the olympics and eurovision are alike in that they both destroy the country and city that dares to host them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i read a "fun" story about Milan spending a bazillion dollars rebuilding a bobsled track for the Olympics rather than having them at an existing facility over the border in Austria despite bobsled tracks being the most useless sports facility ever.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think the harry potter books are fine as childrens and later young adult fiction, very suitable for teenagers to read. too bad jk rowling has such horrible beliefs.

even before all the terf stuff i had no interest in whatever expanded universe stuff she put out because i had learned my lesson with the brian herbert/kevin j anderson butlerian jihad books: sometimes its better for a story to be over, you don't need more and more content.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that time she tried to retcon hermoine into being black lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i read a "fun" story about Milan spending a bazillion dollars rebuilding a bobsled track for the Olympics rather than having them at an existing facility over the border in Austria despite bobsled tracks being the most useless sports facility ever.

Based on how they look I just assumed they poured a bunch of water on a parking garage in the winter.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Harry Potter started out as a cute story for kids that was not equipped to tell a darker, deeper story, nor have its world thought about for too long. That final book was pretty bad, with a hilariously awful epilogue.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i think the harry potter books are fine as childrens and later young adult fiction, very suitable for teenagers to read. too bad jk rowling has such horrible beliefs.

even before all the terf stuff i had no interest in whatever expanded universe stuff she put out because i had learned my lesson with the brian herbert/kevin j anderson butlerian jihad books: sometimes its better for a story to be over, you don't need more and more content.

kevin j anderson rules though

he wrote a star wars book where the plot is "jabba the hutt's angry relatives finance a bootleg death star and when they finally try it at the end it blows up"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
JK rowling, the whitest british woman ever: I never said Hermione wasnt black... maybe she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there are literally only 16 bobsled tracks in the world