Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Political Cartoons 2024: That's so nice of you! But we don't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Bill Bramhall

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Matt Wuerker

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Rick McKee

Rivers

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
The Democrats formed a committee to go over the facts and evidence of something Trump has been lying about continuously for over three years now, in as much context as possible, and your team told your audience not to watch it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Republicans: famous for providing context to all statements their opponents make and fairly representing their views.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Dave Whamond

Rivers

Wait what what's going on here

Edit: nevermind I just saw the "apologies to Whamond" lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Compared to all the other dumb poo poo he says constantly, I actually don't think saying that there's going to be a metaphorical bloodbath in the auto industry unless he's elected is a big deal, even if it's not true.

e: I don't know what the actual quote is but if he just said bloodbath without context it's a little more understandable that people would jump on it

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 19, 2024

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I'm not even going to separate these two cartoons. If Rivers is that lazy and doesn't give a poo poo, then why should I?

Kellies Nominations: Most Willfully Dense, Laziest Non-Gorrell, Worst Overall

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Dave Whamond
Rivers
Ummmmmm.

Also, cool that Rivers goes on about "distorting the quote" and then literally made up those words. Trump did not say "It's going to be a bloodbath for the auto industry". He was talking about car manufacturers during parts of the speech, yes, but the quote was "It's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"you didn't build that"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Conservatives: "Trump says it like it is. Y'all snowflakes just can't handle a straight shooter :smuggo:." Also conservatives: "Biden uses mean words and raises his voice :cry:."

Tom Stiglich

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Vladimir Putin’s landslide victory in the Russian election – Russia’s president won a reported 87% of the vote, according to exit polls"

Telegraph:

Matt:

UK residents travelling to Dignitas falls to 12-year low over cost of assisted dying clinic

Times:

The Conservative Party is united, insists Rishi Sunak; Kemi Badenoch says racism row over Tory donor Frank Hester is ‘trivia’

Evening Standard:

Finsbury Park mural: Banksy confirms he is behind north London tree street art

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’m not posting the Garrison spanking cartoon. I’m not strong enough.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Oh god

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
kellies nomination: can we just ignore this one, please?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

David Littleproud is the leader of the Nationals, the other half of the Coalition, and they have flagged they may support the Greens in their push to break up the major Australian supermarket chains. Greens push for powers to break up Coles and Woolworths 'duopoly' (ABC).

Broelman:

If it wasn't obvious those are Keating quotes.

Wilcox:

New South Wales: Dozens of children strip-searched by police over summer (SMH).

Downes:

Tasmania Devils AFL club launched with name, colours, logo and guernsey concept revealed (ABC).

Spooner:

Winners and losers as energy regulator outlines mixed bag of power price changes (ABC). The 82% is the Albanese government's 2030 target for how much energy is renewable.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I’m not posting the Garrison spanking cartoon. I’m not strong enough.

InsertPotPun posted:

kellies nomination: can we just ignore this one, please?

You fuckers are lucky my phone did everything it could to stop me from sharing his last three comics and screeds.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

garrison is too dumb and weird to exist and his brain obviously never shuts off and takes a break for any reason whatsoever

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

"God, Putin is the worst, killing and arresting his political opponents and being a dictator in all but name! Now then, time to draw another cartoon about how stupid liberals are for not wanting to vote for a guy that says he want to be dictator for a day. I have the self-awareness of a sackful of frog spawn."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Randalor posted:

You fuckers are lucky my phone did everything it could to stop me from sharing his last three comics and screeds.

It's all right, I'll cover for you just this once.

quote:

A SLAP ON THE FANNY FOR FANI

Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee announced his ruling in the case of Fani Willis (DA of Fulton County) and her boyfriend, Nathan Wade (prosecutor in the Trump case). Despite obvious perjury and significant misconduct, the judge issued an extremely lenient finding: Either Fani or her boyfriend must go. One or the other. Naturally Fani accepted the prosecutor’s resignation, because if she resigned it could result in the delay of the case against Trump.

The judge is up for re-election and so naturally he wanted to placate his mostly Democrat and Trump-hating voter base. Going after Trump is the prime directive among Democrats and it matters little to them if justice is compromised. He is also a former employee of Fani Willis and donated to her campaign, shocker right?

All of the cases against Trump amount to election interference. Democrats are more than willing to abuse the justice system in order to prevent his re-election. It’s pathetic and sad, but if we have corrupt individuals running the show, corruption is the expected outcome. This especially includes Joe Biden, an arch-criminal who has engaged in crimes including human trafficking by flying countless illegal aliens into the country. That’s against the law, but who cares about the law if one is a Swamp member?

We can only hope that Trump plays hardball during his second term (assuming the election isn’t once again stolen from him). He promised to lock up Hillary, but after he was president he was more forgiving. Forgiving and forgetting is an unsound policy when it comes to the corrupt Democrat Party.

LOCK THEM UP!

— Ben Garrison

quote:

DONNY QUEST

Former Vice President Mike Pence said he’s not endorsing Trump. He self-righteously stated,

“I believe anyone that puts themselves over the Constitution should never be president of the United States and anyone who asks someone else to put them over the Constitution should never be president of the United States again,”

Trump never put himself above the Constitution. Pence bought into the ‘insurrectionist’ lie pushed by the globalist Democrats.

Pence is a typical politician—he’s a deal maker. A schmoozer. A go-along and get-along type. Like Mitch McConnell, he wants to be liked and in the end, he has become the kind of politician he should be fighting. Pence has endlessly and pompously claimed his love for Jesus, but he has behaved more like Judas.

The Democrats stole the election through election fraud. Plain and simple. Pence did not support Trump during the crisis—he sided with the Deep State Swamp establishment, and now he’s not even voting for Trump, making his backstab complete.

Trump was not a politician when he got elected for his first term. Perhaps it’s one of the reasons he was elected—he was definitely not part of the political establishment. Trump wanted to get the job done, but the politicians he chose to work with him were mostly all like Pence—conniving backstabbers who were part of the Swamp.

Let’s hope Trump has learned his lesson. His next VP had better be more loyal than the white-haired double-crosser.

— Ben Garrison

quote:

THE DEMOCRAT’S LIE BATH

he Democrat Party’s propaganda media once again reported news that was a bald faced lie. They claimed that that Trump said there would be a bloodbath if he’s not re-elected. In fact, he said the US auto industry would face a bloodbath if he’s not re-elected. Biden’s Green New Deal would spell the end of the gasoline powered engines of the US auto industry and destroy countless jobs—an economic ‘bloodbath.’

The usual media liars such as NBC News and CNN ran with the obvious lie, thereby spreading misinformation across the internet and the broadcast airwaves. It was a coordinated effort by the Democrat legacy media to smear and demean President Trump.

[screenshot cut]

Fortunately, on Elon Musk’s X, (formally Twitter) the liars were called out and fact checked in real time as they screamed ‘bloodbath’ from their media perches. “Trump wants a bloodbath! Trump is threatening the country with violence!”

The funny thing was, the media used the exact same word, ‘bloodbath,’ to describe the firings at the RNC. If the media didn’t have double standards, they would have no standards at all!

“Bloodbath at RNC: Trump team slashes staff at committee”

—Politico

“Absolute bloodbath at RNC as new leadership loyal to Trump purges staff”

—The Guardian

You get the picture. Another dirty smear by the Marxist Democrat-controlled media.

The Democrats are desperate—and they’re playing dirty. They stink and need a bath.

— The GrrrTeam

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

dei is just the new "politically correct", it's a separate thing than the transpanic, not meant to supplant it just support it. they can do both.

Yeah i just heard people talking this morning about how DEI was ruining gaming. Told one of them that people are blaming it for everything and saw his eyes open like a light went on.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I don’t even know where to start with the Johnny Quest comic.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Xiahou Dun posted:

I don’t even know where to start with the Johnny Quest comic.

At how it has Trump as a defeated petulantly posing child, doing nothing but griping, and yet Garrison is trying to imply he’s the ultimate hero?

At how it has Vivek as Raj because both brown har har har?

At how, at heart, it’s just a completely petulant tantrum by Garrison about how January 6th should have worked even as he’s said over and over again it was an FBI setup?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

skeleton warrior posted:

At how it has Trump as a defeated petulantly posing child, doing nothing but griping, and yet Garrison is trying to imply he’s the ultimate hero?

At how it has Vivek as Raj because both brown har har har?

At how, at heart, it’s just a completely petulant tantrum by Garrison about how January 6th should have worked even as he’s said over and over again it was an FBI setup?

Sure but also why are you referencing Johnny Quest in Anno Domotherfucker 2024.

I had to explain that reference to people my age when The Venture Bros. did it 15 years ago.

Also the kid’s name was Hadji, which is pretty yikes in retrospect. I mean, all of it is pretty yikes but I don’t think about Johnny Quest that often these days, see above.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Clay Bennett

David M. Hitch

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

Matt Davies

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

Phil Hands

Pia Guerra

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The recurring theme of Dry Bones these days really seems to be “why can’t you people join me in being happy about this war???????”

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Sure but also why are you referencing Johnny Quest in Anno Domotherfucker 2024.
Mike Pence = Race Bannon was a big right-wing meme from 2016-2020. Garrison is very much playing to his audience.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

Mike Pence = Race Bannon was a big right-wing meme from 2016-2020. Garrison is very much playing to his audience.

Then I repeat the same question with different years.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

Then I repeat the same question with different years.

Yeah it seems to read with exactly the opposite meaning as the one I'm assuming it's trying to convey. Mike Pence being the smart adult is leading idiot child Trump in the correct direction and Trump is mad about it.

Unless Garrison is suddenly pro-pence and anti-trump?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
It's supposed to read like the cover of an old comic book. Same delivery as "Watch out, Lois! That's not Superman, that's an imposter robot! And it's aiming the laser right at Earth!!"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Another Casualty of the Cashless Society

Ted Rall posted:

I live in New York City, where many homeless people rely on panhandling in order to get by. A few days ago I saw a Millennial woman turn down a request from a homeless man, saying, “I don’t carry cash.” I have long been concerned about the ramifications of our increasingly cashless society, like the ability of the government to lock down our bank accounts and ability to move freely. As usual, the poorest among us are paying the biggest price for what we’ve been told is progress.

First Dog on the Moon: Nuclear power?! Why are you people still talking about this?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Are you supporting any of the alternatives Tod? Like the plastic food tokens? Or are you just whining about 'thing different', anyone under 40 bad?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Only recently started paying attention to Stahler because I saw what I considered to be a good cartoon from him, but I'm disappointed by now. Your art is cool, please say something other than this trite Prickly City-level bullshit.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ah yes, a cartoon with a big smiley face about killing 75,000 people, very wholesome, thank you Kirschen

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 20, 2024

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Damnit, that Danziger has me giggling like an idiot because I can just hear the excited "boing" noises as he approaches the bathtub.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

I suppose credit cards, venmo, or paypal can't be used to donate money to shelters, food banks, or housing initiatives...

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Phlegmish posted:

Ah yes, a cartoon with a big smiley face about killing 75,000 people, very wholesome, thank you Kirschen

Warcrimes, tehee :3c

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

In Norway we a similar service to venmo and I've seen homeless people writing their payment information on their cardboard signs.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Banksy, Rishi Sunak and restrictions on climate protest – The court of appeal has removed the ‘consent’ defence, relied on by environmental campaigners since 1971" Banksy confirms north London tree mural is his work

Telegraph:

Britain faces 1979 moment, says Rachel Reeves

Matt:

Ewan McGregor says he was given intimacy coordinator for sex scenes with his wife :latestfad:

Times:

Rebel peers ‘trying to ensure Rwanda migrant scheme won’t work’

Evening Standard:

Inflation falls at fastest rate in 50 years putting Bank of England's 2% target within reach; Palace source hopes Kate farm shop video will end conspiracy theories - as aides plan her official return

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Nuclear power?! Why are you people still talking about this?

Shut up, idiot. Opposing nuclear power while claiming to care about the environment is asinine.

Opposing individual proposals because they're poorly thought out or deceptive or empty political theater? That's fine. But that's not what you're doing here. You're just repeating the same scare tactics that the oil industry loves to launder through environmental groups to keep themselves important.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 20, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

1. Yes

2. Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
As much as I love golden age Simpsons I think Blinky the Fish did irreparable harm to generations of idiots.

I will also never get tired of the counter points to nuclear power being:

1) Why would I solve a problem if I won't profit? Often not even me, just hypothetical governments and rich people. Also they'll profit but...

2) Why would I solve a problem if I can't solve it immediately? We could have everything running by 2050? Great! The loving quote about a generation planting trees they won't live to enjoy the shade of, you vile clown.

3) Why would I solve a problem if I'm irrationally scared of the solution? The word nuclear is scary. That's it.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 20, 2024