Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's more difficult, I think I could have like 5 before I gave up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It is easy to gently caress up a plate of chicken nuggets without thinking about what you're eating because individually they're so small

But they were supposed to be for everyone!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Knocking out a 40 pack of chicken nuggets doesn't sound hard if I'm ignorantly grazing in a car over a period of hours tbh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That's more difficult, I think I could have like 5 before I gave up

You’ll never ruin your family cross country drive by eating all the chickynug biscuits with that attitude

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I could throw some out the window or something

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Obnoxipus posted:

Another contender for "title sounds innocuous, but..."

AITA for building my niece and nephew a tree house?

What an incredible way to ensure everyone involved ends up deeply unhappy about the situation. What on earth was OP thinking?

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah that's an insane amount of food to eat in a couple hours

Sure, but early 20's Elviscat would have crushed 20 of them shits without even a tummy ache.

I also wasn't living with my parents and bought my own food.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My boyfriend will break up with me if I go to Miami on a girls trip

quote:

My boyfriend (27M) and I (25F) have been dating for a little bit over 9 months now. We have a pretty healthy relationship for the most part but this is his first relationship so there some areas that he is still working on.

We never really set any boundaries from the beginning except that we didn’t want each other going to clubs or bars and he also would say he does not take any sort of disrespect.

I kinda had to figure out his boundaries throughout our relationship like he does not like me having guy friends or talking to any guys and he does not like it when I accept guys follow requests on instagram or liking their pictures which I totally get so I don’t do it. He also does not do any of that without me asking so I appreciate that.

He’s very respectful to me and I am respectful to him so we have no issues with that. However, my best friends birthday is coming up in May and she is planning an all girls trip to Miami to celebrate and I told my boyfriend I was planning on going and we had a whole discussion about it.

He said he does not feel comfortable with me going to an environment like that with my single friends and he wouldn’t do it to me so he doesn’t want me to do it to him. He said if I go our relationship will be over or if we stay together our relationship will not be the same and he will be getting freedom to do whatever.

I don’t know what to do because I understand where he is coming from but I also don’t want to miss out on my best friends birthday or any other trips that come up in the future.

He’s been really respectful and sweet to me and I don’t want to throw the whole relationship away over one Miami trip but I also don’t want to lose my friends because girl friendships are so important to me.

Should I go to Miami or save my relationship?

TL;DR! - My boyfriend says he will break up with me if I go to Miami with my all my girl friends. This is a boundary that if I cross he will not stay with me. I don’t want to miss out on girl trips but I don’t want my relationship to end.

Posting this mostly because the top comment made me laugh out loud

quote:

Is the respect in the room with us?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Those look like something I could easily put away 8 of them, but this dude working through most of a 40 pack is something else.

Also, if I was in my 20's had a 15 hour road trip with my parents, I'd find a way to ride on the roof.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Being generous about the "2-3" number the others ate initially, and taking out the six he left at the end, he ate at least half the tray.

That said, exactly how long is a room-temp (at minimum) tray of chicken food safe?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Obnoxipus posted:

Another contender for "title sounds innocuous, but..."

AITA for building my niece and nephew a tree house?

I was half expecting the tree to be cursed and thus dooming the family to be blighted by a thousand poxes. Which isn't nearly as bad as dealing with the HOA.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

TyrsHTML posted:

I read both of those and all i have to say is: what?

Single mom who presumably escaped abuse has heavily internalized the idea that only she keeps her daughter safe. Meets a guy who seems normal and immediately starts pulling herself in two directions: no way will you ever meet my daughter, meet my daughter, I wish someone would give me a break, how dare you offer to take my daughter somewhere away from me you bastard

Therapy for the mom and kid. And probably for mister "I did not yell. But if someone swears at you, you gotta swear back"

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Try and guess the spoiler!

AITA because I refuse to use the dishes?

quote:

AITA because I refuse to use the dishes? Long story short my husband is mad at me because I refuse to use the dishes when he keeps peeing in all the cups. I’ve gotten into screaming fits about this because he pisses in the nice glass cups, even when disposable paper ones are in the cabinet. I feel like they’ll never be clean enough to use again after sitting full of his pee all day. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t want to use the other dishes because sometimes he’ll soak them in the sink with everything else. I just wanna throw everything away and start with a fresh kitchen. My husband thinks I’m overreacting and that it’s incredibly wasteful to constantly use disposable items.

*Edit: I suppose I should add why my husband does it. He occasionally takes my dog’s (very elderly dog,has cancer,has seizures) edibles/weed and has to drug test himself for work related reasons.My husband believes the dishes are just fine after washing.

*Additional Edit: I have brought up the one cup thing, we’re wayyyy past that idea as more than a dozen or so cups have been pissed in. He also doesn’t see the point as “he cleans them really well”.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So does he just piss in a new glass every time he fails a test because he continues to eat dog weed?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So does he just piss in a new glass every time he fails a test because he continues to eat dog weed?

I think he's keeping clean piss to test just in case. In a cup. Just hanging out

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But THC can stay in your system for up to a month, the juice glasses full of urine would have to be pretty old and I'm putting way too much thought into this.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It's probably not that difficult to sanitize those dishes to the point where they're safe to eat off of, but holy poo poo why would you do this. Why would you make things difficult and uncomfortable for no good reason when you could get paper cups.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

artsy fartsy posted:

AITAH for leaving my partner because he mocks my interest and I couldn’t take it anymore?

Put the boyfriend on trial. In NIGHT COURT!!!

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

With how stridently she is defending him in the comments about stealing their elderly dog's medicine, the husband must have immaculate hygiene. Except for, you know, the whole pissing in a drinking glass thing. Just the one thing.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Oh he's keeping the piss? I assumed he was self testing before his employer could get to him, but keeping safe piss makes sense. But... then just like get a good couple liters in actual medical jars and freeze them. Get a separate freezer. Good to go, eat the dog weed (or just get regular weed for yourself stop stealing dog medicine I hate this guy).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's probably not that difficult to sanitize those dishes to the point where they're safe to eat off of, but holy poo poo why would you do this. Why would you make things difficult and uncomfortable for no good reason when you could get paper cups.

He isn't the one who cleans things, so it doesn't impact him. And he can have his recycling moral high ground with no extra effort!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Skutter posted:

o_O

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think he's keeping clean piss to test just in case. In a cup. Just hanging out

The drug testing guys love it when you bring in a jug of aged piss. It's so much easier to test that way.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's not like they check for temperature or active proteins or anything.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

the holy poopacy posted:

AITAH for asking my wife for a divorce?

Have you tried marriage counseling?

No and I don't think it will solve anything

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

FMguru posted:

Man, how lovely of a son/husband do you have to be to have your mother cheerfully attend your ex's "Hooray, I'm Divorced" party?

Judging by the other two stories an impressively lovely son/husband.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Skutter posted:

Is this frog boiling? Like how do you live your life that you get to the point where you are asking the internet, "My husband consumes canine cannabis and then pisses in the dishware leaving it out for days, am I the rear end in a top hat for having a problem with this?" Like where does your life go wrong that you wind up there?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ExcessBLarg! posted:

That said, exactly how long is a room-temp (at minimum) tray of chicken food safe?

I hadn't thought about that, I change my ruling to be in favor of this selfless hero, courageously attempting to save the rest of his family by diving in front of as many food poisoning bullets as possible :patriot:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Vim Fuego posted:

Have you tried marriage counseling?

No and I don't think it will solve anything

I mean, by this point it definitely won't

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
There is very little in a relationship that could be good enough for me to get over "husband steals our sick, elderly pet's medicine and uses it to get high, and then pisses in all the cups we have as I beg him not to. He does not wash them half the time."

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

rotinaj posted:

What about when every single one is encased in a biscuit

I could handle that no problem and I'm not a big guy at all.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Started that one and was like “where on earth is this going if the part about the piss isn’t the spoiler”

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

AITA for not giving my roommate a tampon and telling her she can no longer use anything I own?

quote:

This is such a stupid post and I'm still so embarrassed and flabbergasted that this even happened to begin with.

For context: I (25 F) live with roommates, all are female. We've all gotten close in the two years we've lived together, except for one roommate. (We'll call her Emma, 23.) It's not that I dislike Emma, but we've never meshed as well as my other roommates have.

The other day, Emma called us all out to the living room where she was folding her laundry. She held up a pair of underwear and asked if it belonged to any of us, and I recognized them as mine so I said yes. I apologized for the mix up, and she immediately started yelling at me about how disgusting I am and how she wanted to "light herself on fire" after touching them.

Since I live with all girls, this happens all the time and none of us ever get weirded out by it. I cant even begin to count how many times someone's bras, socks, underwear, etc. have gotten mixed with my laundry by mistake. It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I realized they were actually an old pair of period underwear that had (i cannot stress this enough) MINOR blood stains on them from years ago when I first got my period. Emma again decided to loudly announce how gross she thought I was and how I should be ashamed for not throwing them out, and tried to get my other roommates to look and join in on her outburst.

Thankfully I live with some awesome girls, so nobody even batted an eye despite me being absolutely horrified that someone I live with would do something like that. Everyone was quick to reassure me that it's no big deal and it happens to all of us. They tried to tell Emma to chill out but she wasn't having it. She just went to her room and slammed the door.

For the next week, Emma didn't speak to me. She would loudly talk to all of our other roommates with no problem but the minute I tried speaking to her she would just walk away. A couple days ago I was laying in bed and Emma was the only other person home. She knocked on my door and when i opened it, she sheepishly asked me for a tampon, saying she woke up from a nap and bled through her shorts. How ironic. I laughed and told her no. (I didn't have any left, and I knew our other roommates had some somewhere so its not like she had nothing.)

Yesterday, she asked all of us if she could borrow a shirt because her clothes were in the washer. We all said no, and I even said I wouldn't want her to "light herself on fire" after touching any of my "nasty" stuff. She rolled her eyes and gave me a half assed apology, and I told her I don't want her touching or borrowing my stuff if that's the way she acts about a natural bodily function that SHE ALSO goes through. She called me childish and said she didn't see the big deal. Now there's this weird, passive aggressive vibe every time we're in the same room, and I'm wondering if I should just apologize or not. I talked to some friends, and they said I've got nothing to apologize for but I'm wondering if I overreacted.

So AITA?

the edits

quote:

Edit: Good lord, since so many people are seemingly so fascinated by my so called "impossible" pair of underwear that are over 10 years old, let me say this here instead of saying the same thing 10 times over in the comments like i have been:

My mom bought them for me when I was like 14 and they ended up being way too big for me so I only wore them in times of desparation, until recent years. Never thought I'd have to explain my UNDERWEAR to hundreds of strangers on the internet, but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Edit #2:Okay, I just woke up and checked this for the first time in almost 9 hours. Yall realize you sound creepy as gently caress when you zero in on my loving UNDERWEAR right? This post was never meant to be about that, its about my nasty roommate that shamed me for something I have no control over. The amount of comments I have recieved that have attempted to shame me for the EXACT SAME THING EMMA DID is repulsive. I'm glad it happened to me and not some other young girl who maybe just got her period and doesnt know a drat thing about it yet. gently caress you.

I'm not "playing the victim," (as some of you have suggested) for calling people out that are asking me to send them photos of the pair in question. If you're really bent out of shape over what a 25 year old woman on the internet does with her belongings, you're weird. Sincerely you sound like a loving creep.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I never thought there'd be a period blood equivalent of the gurglespurts pants, but alas, here we are.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Prism posted:

I looked them up because I wasn't familiar and these aren't, like, extra small, either. A 40-count would be 3640 calories. I don't even know how they ordered a tray of 40 because the biggest size Chick-fil-A puts on their website is 10.

When no one was looking, party sub guy ate fourty Chick-n-Minis.
He ate 40 Chick-n-Minis.
That's as many as four tens.
And that's standard for him.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cacator posted:

I never thought there'd be a period blood equivalent of the gurglespurts pants, but alas, here we are.

I thought the concept of period panties was fairly ubiquitous, or at least common enough that I - a cishet male - has heard of them.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Cacator posted:

I think most women have old period underwear they throw on when they come on, my wife certainly does anyway

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cacator posted:

There absolutely is. You don't wear your nice panties (whatever that means to you) when Grandma Ruby comes to call. Menstrual products routinely leak.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

For the chicken nugget minis, I decided to do the math because it amuses me. There are 40 Chicken minis and the OP, 3 siblings, and 2parents make 6 people. So each person should get 6-7 minis in an equal split.Everyone had 2-3 to start, so we'll assume the OP had 3, 3 others had 3, and 2 others had 2. That uses up 16 to start, leaving 24. At this point, equal division would leave 4 more for each person. But OP ate 18 more of them at this point, leaving 6 for everyone else.

So in the end he ate 21, which is over half of the food intended to split between 6 people (and he was mad that he didn't get a 22nd one). That's really egregious, and while he acts surprised that people expected to split it roughly evenly, he also says that this is a tradition on trips - so he's seen the family eat the 40-nugget-biscuits over time before during a trip, it's not like this was the first time he's encountered it. It's what makes this into an 'everyone is pissed off' situation instead of just a minor mistake - if he accidentally ate too many and then said 'guys I'm sorry, I was watching a movie and they're just SO GOOD' (maybe with a 'let's stop and I'll pick something up to make up for it') the family could probably laugh it off or jokingly give him a hard time, but the fact that he's trying to say it was fine for him to eat over half the tray when he knows other people were planning to eat it is not going to go over well.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

That freshly thoroughly cooked, very salty chicken is going to be fine for half a day like they're planning. A restaurant can't leave it out that long (I think the limit is around 2 hours), but restaurant safety standards are significantly more stringent than what is likely to get a person sick.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

AceClown posted:

I think most women have old period underwear they throw on when they come on, my wife certainly does anyway

Yeah. Definitely. Many women will have a few pairs of "period underwear"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Lone Goat posted:

I thought the concept of period panties was fairly ubiquitous, or at least common enough that I - a cishet male - has heard of them.

Ah, lesson learned. I think this thread has poisoned my brain.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 20, 2024