Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Another decade before you've worked off that catch Jabar Gaffney didn't make

Looked like a catch to me.

Also the Travis Stephens game made up for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Looked like a catch to me.

Also the Travis Stephens game made up for that.

03 or 04 when the clock operater gave Tennessee as long as they wanted with less than a minute left on the gameclock. Motherfucker let 3 game minutes pass in "10 seconds".

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget all of Tebow''s bullshit fake slides

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

lol sure Jan

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

love to smell those ACC bridges burning

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’d simply not sign a contract if I didn’t like the terms.

E: the funniest option is that they’re both let out of their contracts but the SEC and B1G don’t bring them on because they’re being whiny dickbags about money, so they end up in the BigXII making less cash anyway.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 21, 2024

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Yeah to be honest I completely forgot about Baylor being in the swc. Even with their inclusion it's not like the formation of the big 12 depended on it. I'd still put my money on smu getting in over Baylor If they didn't get the death penalty.

Either way there isn't a single legislature that will prevent a team from moving conferences without the little brother.

Yeah, if SMU hadn't been under sanctions at the time, they likely would have been team #4. TTU still would have been team #3 as it sounds like size-of-crowd was a major factor in that time period. The other 4 schools hovered in the 20k range, while TTU was more aligned with the Big 8 with 40k+ average attendance.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

JesustheDarkLord posted:

fake slides were invented by kenny pickett in 2021

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I can never feel bad for Florida

https://youtu.be/og5SO4XUodk?si=adETh0kuXSbT1rX9

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Your honor, yes, I did sign this dumb contract, but now I don't like it

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU is gonna win the lawsuit, sorry nerds

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Welcome to the Sunbelt, 'Noles

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm just glad VT football is trending up at the right time to hopefully get us into the super league.

Roundball is about to tank again so yeah

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m no big city football coach but I prob would coach em to not DPI and to tackle Demps.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
there are still no good blake corum jerseys available from anywhere that's through NIL stuff

whyyyyy?!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pillsburysoldier posted:

Good, Tulane might make it to the ACC then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Legal analysis on Warchant really hitting hard, eh?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

No, lawyer friends, who hopefully dont subscribe to/read warchant

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

No, lawyer friends, who hopefully dont subscribe to/read warchant

poo poo, me too. For their sakes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Radia posted:

there are still no good blake corum jerseys available from anywhere that's through NIL stuff

whyyyyy?!

This but Mikey Sainristil!!!!!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Feel kinda bad for Stanford and Cal if the ACC implodes as well.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

Feel kinda bad for Stanford and Cal if the ACC implodes as well.

Seems like those would fit the Big 10 profile?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/pupperstate/status/1770785131189412227?ref

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Weaver was a loving fool to not take the SEC's invite in 11/12 when they took Mizzou instead.

ACC should be easily #3 and instead they cannot decide if they should be last or not. How they didn't push to bring in Oregon/Washington/Stanford/Cal/Utah poo poo throw in the AZ Schools if you want just to bolster the conference is beyond me. Waiting for the scraps to try and stay relevant instead of doing anything to actually solidify their standing. The schools tied an anchor around their necks with the GOR and their collective contract, but holy poo poo I would be upset with the ACC leadership too with how slow and late to everything they've been if I'm a school with a brand (which is at least 1/2 the ACC).

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1771194794708000810?ref

Livetweeting the hearing

https://twitter.com/MW_Brentwood/status/1771193044773019798

Lol

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 22, 2024

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/RohanLawPC/status/1771203841783902539
https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1771206473667768669

Folks,

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
You couldn’t pay me enough to be a lawyer, no way I’m gonna read this poo poo for free. Just wake me up when something actually happens

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/RohanLawPC/status/1771210900457836923

Its not going well for the ACC

https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1771209221075353934

Ouch

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 22, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The most ACC thing to do is to forget about Miami yes, you didn't meet the billing so you're dead to us now GIVE US THE SPACE KNIGHTS

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
nowhere else to put this but as usual march madness for wrestling has been wild so far. i also give it a huge recommendation to watch, one of the most fun and intense sporting events of the year. it just sucks that it's always the same weekend as basketball

going in to the semifinals and blood rounds tonight psu still has all 10 of their wrestlers going and 6 of them are in the semifinals. will likely have at least 4 national titles and wouldn't be surprised if they get all 10 as all americans (though it will be real tough for bernie truax who has had a great year but got his ankle/knee hosed up pretty badly in his match this morning). their bonus point total might end up being good enough to finish in the top 10ish overall of the standings lol. would be nice to take home the all time national point total and really continue to dismantle everything iowa holds dear

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

I have never before watched NCAA wrestling. But one of the former Eagle Scouts of the unit I work with made the tournament this year as a freshman. He lost his first match but even getting there was a tremendous accomplishment for this young person. Exceptional kid and his dad hasn't touched the ground in two weeks ever since ASU won the SoCon.

I do tend to enjoy high level sports even when I don't understand the game as much. Wrestling is no different. Kinda wish it wasn't up against basketball.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

drewhead posted:

I have never before watched NCAA wrestling. But one of the former Eagle Scouts of the unit I work with made the tournament this year as a freshman. He lost his first match but even getting there was a tremendous accomplishment for this young person. Exceptional kid and his dad hasn't touched the ground in two weeks ever since ASU won the SoCon.

I do tend to enjoy high level sports even when I don't understand the game as much. Wrestling is no different. Kinda wish it wasn't up against basketball.

I wish I understood it more too, but yeah up against basketball which is my favorite college sport. There's some show on Big 10 Network I flipped on when I had time to kill and a free month - just took the best few matches of the week and aired them with the original commentary. Gonna try to watch more of that next season.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

NCAA Wrestling has always been overshadowed by the first weekend of the basketball tournaments but now that Iowa is officially a Women’s Basketball School I don’t care as much. Although god did see fit to continue our streak of having at least one finalist that is longer than I’ve been alive

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

NCAA Wrestling has always been overshadowed by the first weekend of the basketball tournaments but now that Iowa is officially a Women’s Basketball School I don’t care as much.

Godspeed, please stomp the Cocks

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

drewhead posted:

Godspeed, please stomp the Cocks

Unfortunately the only thing stopping SC this year is an act of god

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

Unfortunately the only thing stopping SC this year is an act of god

I loving said please!
God damnit!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Roasted Donut posted:

nowhere else to put this but as usual march madness for wrestling has been wild so far. i also give it a huge recommendation to watch, one of the most fun and intense sporting events of the year. it just sucks that it's always the same weekend as basketball

going in to the semifinals and blood rounds tonight psu still has all 10 of their wrestlers going and 6 of them are in the semifinals. will likely have at least 4 national titles and wouldn't be surprised if they get all 10 as all americans (though it will be real tough for bernie truax who has had a great year but got his ankle/knee hosed up pretty badly in his match this morning). their bonus point total might end up being good enough to finish in the top 10ish overall of the standings lol. would be nice to take home the all time national point total and really continue to dismantle everything iowa holds dear

I haven't followed college wrestling since I was in high school, but I take it that Cael Sanderson one upped Dan Gable with his collegiate career and now is doing that while coaching?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

trevorreznik posted:

I haven't followed college wrestling since I was in high school, but I take it that Cael Sanderson one upped Dan Gable with his collegiate career and now is doing that while coaching?

They've already clinched this year's title 24 hours before the whole thing is over, more than doubling up second place. That makes 11 titles in 13 years, an all time insane run in the history of college sports. Looks like they will probably have 6 guys wrestling in the finals tomorrow night, most of which i would bet heavy money on. Total points record might be falling.

The way the program is set up and run, Cael will be winning the title just about every year until he decides to hang it up. Gable had 15 in his career, Cael will be blowing by that pretty quickly. All of this has been truly awe-inspiring to behold.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
So why is that happening with this specific program? Is like Iowa in 80s&90s but also getting transfers/NIL to make the advantage even bigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

trevorreznik posted:

So why is that happening with this specific program? Is like Iowa in 80s&90s but also getting transfers/NIL to make the advantage even bigger?

Cael looks to be the GOAT coach. Every single guy is really technically skilled and get instilled with killer instinct and the clutch genes, real iron sharpens iron stuff. It helps that Pennsylvania is also the heart of high school wrestling in the country so the most fertile recruiting grounds are right in his backyard. NIL is likely a factor because of this as well.

As of late they have been bringing in transfers at weights they more often struggle with (lightweights, the heavier classes they routinely dominate). They pretty much get the pick of the litter there and end up redshirting guys who would be starting for 90% of the other programs. He's basically the equivalent to Nick Saban but even more ruthless and successful.