Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2789810/Bingle_Bingle/

Doubt it's going to do what Balatro did, but if you prefer roulette to poker, maybe try the demo. Reviews are mixed.

Edit: Can't even bet on 44 for the snipe in roulette smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hasn't Balatro only been out like a month how are they making these so fast

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

demo came out a year ago, people have had a head start

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Desdinova posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2789810/Bingle_Bingle/

Doubt it's going to do what Balatro did, but if you prefer roulette to poker, maybe try the demo. Reviews are mixed.

Edit: Can't even bet on 44 for the snipe in roulette smdh

I quite liked what I played of it, though it's definitely early access I have some hope that it'll be fleshed out and that the UI will become clearer. It's completely refused to boot up on the Steam Deck after the first time I played and closed out of it, though :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is INCREDIBLE timing

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookySuspiciousLorisRickroll-InmndXB2UiXGbcvO

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

people have been playing Balatro for a year and chuckling to themselves about how the world is not ready

wonder if Tiny Rogues or Slice & Dice will get similar receptions with their proper steam releases, they deserve it just as much

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ramie posted:

people have been playing Balatro for a year and chuckling to themselves about how the world is not ready

wonder if Tiny Rogues or Slice & Dice will get similar receptions with their proper steam releases, they deserve it just as much

Never heard of them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fun conversation prompt:
What are some games that are best enjoyed set to easy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Alan Wake 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

Just Cause 2. It's a gently caress-around simulator, who cares about the rest

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

I've heard a lot of people say that it's the best way to play Yakuza, and I can kind of see what they're getting at: the combat system is a bit awkward and it's fun to power-trip as Kiryu.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:
trick question. there aren't any

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yakuza 4 is the only one I heard to play on easy and it's because it has a very old combat system with a really annoying tendency to grapple in a way that just wastes time to get through.

For the rest I want to play on as hard, or starting on legend if there's a hack for it. The combat system is a lot of fun and even button mashing gets you quite far, and they're all similar enough you just get better each game. The difficulty always turns you into an unstoppable god monster not long into the games even with higher difficulties, and you still get occasional "get to use stockpile of cool items" bosses.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

Dark Souls

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

I am excited for the steam threads tomorrow on the DD2 forum.

Lol why would you do this to yourself

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

Control

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

God of War. Halo. Pretty much any game where all the difficulty slider does is give enemies more health.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alien Isolation remake looking good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNMt84KT0k

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

Yakuza Kiwami

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drat now ripley has to fight the romulans?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

External Organs posted:

Lol why would you do this to yourself

I am really being sarcastic. :v: the steam forums are god awful and I dont understand why Valve doesnt just remove that feature.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorta want to watch a Roman Legion fight some Xenomorphs now

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Sorta want to watch a Roman Legion fight some Xenomorphs now

Let me introduce you to my YouTube click bait

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

baldur's gate 3!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

If you don't enjoy the game on at least normal difficulty you either:

- don't usually play games and are playing it entirely for the story. Anything harder than easy or "story" mode would make it impossible for you to complete it

- "Normal" is a non-standard difficulty that's actually the hard mode or the devs expect you to play it after actually learning the game on the easy difficulty.

No shade is intended by the first statement, folks enjoy different things. I can't personally comprehend not wanting to engage with a game's mechanics at the difficulty intended by the devs at minimum but I've played vidya for way too long at this point.

I have also not run into a single game where the story is so good I'll want to play it despite the game mechanics being garbage/too hard/not a genre I enjoy. Story is secondary, the gameplay is why I pick up and enjoy the games I do. If I don't like the gameplay, I ain't playin'.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kerrzhe posted:

baldur's gate 3!

I've done it a lot and I'll be honest I think I enjoy normal more. The fights are more fun when they throw some sneaky poo poo at you. It's why I like the custom mode they added.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

edit wrong thread hell wrong subforum lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

you didn't learn. you didn't grow.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gotta be honest I just play games to look cool

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I've played every Dishonored game on easy and have no regrets - the fun part of those games for me is moving through those environments. All raising the difficulty does in those games is make it more annoying to be around enemies.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:

Cave Story (w/ True ending)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
basically agree that while there's nothing wrong with preferring easy mode in general, I can't think of any game where easy mode is better even for someone who usually prefers normal or hard.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I normally play everything on normal my first time but when I played alan wake 1 in preparation for 2 I did easy and didn't regret it, there's basically nothing of value in its gameplay worth seeing at this point which would be improved by its repetitive encounters taking longer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GDC is on this week

Have some unused Mario Wonder concepts & levels!
https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1770564534304129161
https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1770566024213279030

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I fuckin love video games
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332950/KinnikuNeko_SUPER_MUSCLE_CAT/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsUQqXi_3G4&hd=1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you ever think about dying in a pool with no ladder? The Sims movie in the works

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

If you don't enjoy the game on at least normal difficulty you either:

- don't usually play games and are playing it entirely for the story. Anything harder than easy or "story" mode would make it impossible for you to complete it

- "Normal" is a non-standard difficulty that's actually the hard mode or the devs expect you to play it after actually learning the game on the easy difficulty.

No shade is intended by the first statement, folks enjoy different things. I can't personally comprehend not wanting to engage with a game's mechanics at the difficulty intended by the devs at minimum but I've played vidya for way too long at this point.

I have also not run into a single game where the story is so good I'll want to play it despite the game mechanics being garbage/too hard/not a genre I enjoy. Story is secondary, the gameplay is why I pick up and enjoy the games I do. If I don't like the gameplay, I ain't playin'.

Never played Alan Wake / Alan Wake 2 I see.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SVegvari/status/1770482943347118385

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Stink Terios posted:

Never played Alan Wake / Alan Wake 2 I see.

Alan Wake 2 is great and I played my first run on Hard. Loved it, whipped the game's rear end on Nightmare for ng+. The combat is pretty easy once you understand it, my ng+ run was even easier than my ng run.

I haven't played the og tho it's true, I watched an LP a long time ago and didn't see a compelling reason to need to play it myself.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Demon of Hatred's fate is now canon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This explains why the PS5 version is a rough 30fps I guess lol

I guess I'm building a 4090 super PC or whatever

Suzy Hunter has a 4090 beast rig and said in her video that it still drops significant frames in certain situations/locations

Wavering on whether to get DD2 or let it be for the time being. I did enjoy the original but it never quuuuite clicked for me, combat felt somehow just a touch off but I couldn't pin down why. Maybe I'll grab it and make sure to keep an eye on the refund window.