Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Remembering that time JOHN CENA/Stone Cold 64/Sting 64 talked about having the screen name "charizardscumhunter"

STING 64 posted:

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the dragon was promised at the very beginning and peter molyneux said it would attack towns it was not the original game and only added in the updated re-release as the final boss

if you look at the cut content on the disc, there's a dead demon door in one of the towns and if you activate the quest lua+the demon door using mod tools, you can get to another dragon fight. That was used as the basis for the Jack dragon fight.

Dragon Cliff was the region/quest name.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Good soup! posted:

Remembering that time JOHN CENA/Stone Cold 64/Sting 64 talked about having the screen name "charizardscumhunter"

well i mean

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Telling your poor life choice about having to deal with poor life choices ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey everyone fill out a bracket. If you win you get to chain probe hbag.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...33-b86f81074e9d

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Good soup! posted:

lmao

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Mar 22, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Good soup! posted:

Lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Radia posted:

how is it such an incredible game ..

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

pandy fackler posted:

i went to a ween show right after he died at the Philadelphia opera house and they played Loop De Loop live to honor him (which they wrote for the show) lots of feels

Weird place to die

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

games are so big because of textures and vo. that's it sorry

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah the battlefront size ballooning is from what ive heard they did ai upscales of all the textures that dont look any better but are way bigger lol. drm is less a thing for specific games these days because consoles all have onboard drm these days (though pc yeah theyre gonna need their own solution so size goes up). and "a bunch of extra stuff left in the game" doesnt explain it cuz thats nowhere near new lol. part of demons souls financial struggles as a game were because they had to buy high capacity blurays instead of standard size cuz they accidentally included an entire extra copy of the game lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
square enix games rule because they are massive not because of content but because square never compresses anything and texture files will be unreasonably big

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

yeah the battlefront size ballooning is from what ive heard they did ai upscales of all the textures that dont look any better but are way bigger lol. drm is less a thing for specific games these days because consoles all have onboard drm these days (though pc yeah theyre gonna need their own solution so size goes up). and "a bunch of extra stuff left in the game" doesnt explain it cuz thats nowhere near new lol. part of demons souls financial struggles as a game were because they had to buy high capacity blurays instead of standard size cuz they accidentally included an entire extra copy of the game lol.

Wait that last bit, what

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

square enix games rule because they are massive not because of content but because square never compresses anything and texture files will be unreasonably big

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sebmojo posted:

Wait that last bit, what

Hey is soviet elsa a rereg of Edgar Allen Ho or not? I hope they aren't because if the My Wife guy banned themselves only to rereg and pretend to be a pregnant woman that's really sad in an extremely funny way.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Cranappleberry posted:

a lot of disc space is devoted to DRM

nawwwwww

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey is soviet elsa a rereg of Edgar Allen Ho or not? I hope they aren't because if the My Wife guy banned themselves only to rereg and pretend to be a pregnant woman that's really sad in an extremely funny way.

fwiw the admins might not answer, creepy or not, since they're not a perma rereg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Radia posted:

fwiw the admins might not answer, creepy or not, since they're not a perma rereg

can't hurt anyone but me to ask

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

discovering this knowledge could threaten the very foundation of something awful itself...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b4ULg131PM&t=2s

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Radia posted:

This is correct: we don't release that kind of information unless it's either a perma rereg, or probation evasion or if it's incredibly funny

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

sebmojo posted:

This is correct: we don't release that kind of information unless it's either a perma rereg, or probation evasion or if it's incredibly funny

Lmao. Let us know if it gets funny enough

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hello i am russia lady i pregnant

very risky blowjob posted:

\

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

go with god

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Half of Dracula posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
what are the odds there is yet another goon pretending to be their wife thats unrealistic dude

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what are the odds there is yet another goon pretending to be their wife thats unrealistic dude

Seems unlikely. I'd love to discuss this more but my very handsome husband just got back from the gym

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Is My Wife guy

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
She's the mother of my children. I love her with all my heart, but I swear to you, right hand to god,

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
History will remember us as wife guys.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Congrats on becoming the "my wife is lonely" guy.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

thinking 'bout getting into wives

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

yeah the battlefront size ballooning is from what ive heard they did ai upscales of all the textures that dont look any better but are way bigger lol.
apparently they aren't ai upscales. or upscales at all. they just resized the textures in photoshop to 2048x2048. nobody's quite sure why. malicious fulfillment of a contractual obligation for "higher res textures"?

iirc there's also a bunch of garbage data and empty nonsense padding out the archives for some reason. i don't have the modding knowhow or tools to look deeper for myself but they're generally all like ~10x the size of the original game's?

Cranappleberry posted:

if you look at the game discs/isos of ps2 era going forward, you'll see most seem pretty full, using up almost all data on the disc. Wow they sure must have packed a lot in but then if you rip and extract the game data, it's way smaller.
it was common practice on disc-based systems (especially ps3 with its real slow blu-ray drive) to pack in a bunch of dummy data to push the game data to the physical edge of the disc so it could load faster.

most of the time it was just garbage, but other times for some reason they used things like source code or the south park pilot or whatever

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Congrats on becoming the "my wife is lonely" guy.

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/SVegvari/status/1770482943347118385?t=_EsS1jfwsfCML0ZRdVlg4w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Half of Dracula posted: