Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
lol, i own 40 of the top 100 games played

e:how in the hell is Fallout 4 more popular than New Vegas?

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, i own 40 of the top 100 games played

e:how in the hell is Fallout 4 more popular than New Vegas?

Better graphics

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Diabetic posted:

What's the best recommended controller for the Deck at this time? Also, if you have Metal Gear and use a PlayStation controller does the game recognize them as pressure sensitive or do you have to play the same as you would with an Xbox controller?

Only if you're emulating the PS2 games or PS3 HD collection and using a DS3.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone try the new build of Alpha Protocol on deck yet?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone try the new build of Alpha Protocol on deck yet?

Just bought it, it runs and plays great :cheers:
Installed via Lutris, had to enable controller in the options menu but once that was done it's perfect

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vic posted:

Better graphics

also the only fallout game approaching decent combat, also people love superfluous crafting and base building mechanics

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fallout 4 is the biggest argument against giving Link dialogue in Zelda games.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fallout 3/NV had excellent combat consisting of clicking on enemies to apply relevant combat stats to them. The real gameplay was the system management, not the gunplay

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just don’t go looking for mods in nexus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The gunplay in FO4 was really good. The story sucked

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
fallout 4 is one of the worst games ever. i really enjoyed it. i wonder if it was at all related to skipping all dialogue and shooting as many of the stupid loving npcs in the head as possible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The aesthetics of 4 are particularly bad even more so than 3/NV. Like I get it’s a choice of people still living in decrepid buildings and ruins of the old world but it doesnt work in 4 when you’re also pushing building communities and nurturing towns in the wasteland.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My favourite parts in 4 was just wandering around the really radiated areas in the brotherhood armour but now that stalker is on console there’s no need to play it any more.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
my favourite part was shooting dr. evil in the face the second he walked into frame and finding out later that he was my son lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like that Fallout 4 has Halloween decorations everywhere because the world ended in late October

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I played New Vegas for the first time last year and played fallout 4 near release. The base stuff was dumb and the story stupid but I liked it and had fun. NV was harder to get through, maybe due to it's age but I finished it at least. Played great on deck.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The aesthetics of 4 are particularly bad even more so than 3/NV. Like I get it’s a choice of people still living in decrepid buildings and ruins of the old world but it doesnt work in 4 when you’re also pushing building communities and nurturing towns in the wasteland.

I don't mind the wasteland asthetic per-se, what I hate is that everything you build looks like rusted junk as well.

There should be some way to spend more resources for not-junk versions of items and structures.

Also, the ridiculous sci-fi poo poo you build *also* looks like rusted junk, despite not being an old device but rather something you built from the ground up.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Foul Fowl posted:

my favourite part was shooting dr. evil in the face the second he walked into frame and finding out later that he was my son lol

definitely a video game moment for the ages

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The aesthetic of Fallout 4 really rubbed me the wrong way for reasons I’m not quite sure of.

Just seemed really inconsistent to me in a way I don’t recall 3 or NV being. It’s entirely possible that’s just because 3/NV looked like complete poo poo, though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Foul Fowl posted:

My son, father, was shot by father, me

funk_mata
Nov 1, 2005

I'm hot for you and you're hot for me--ooka dooka dicka dee.
Clapping Larry
Dunno if its been recommended in this thread before, but Tann put out a version of Slice & Dice on Steam yesterday. Seeing as I've spent probably 20-40 hours on the shitter playing this game on the Deck I figured I'd recommend it here. It's close to reaching Balatro levels of addictiveness, but is an awesome dice-based roguelite in its own right. Anyway, there's technically no controller support, but the default controller bindings set the right thumbstick to the mouse and the left and L2/R2 to Undo/Select which works well enough.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

funk_mata posted:

Dunno if its been recommended in this thread before, but Tann put out a version of Slice & Dice on Steam yesterday. Seeing as I've spent probably 20-40 hours on the shitter playing this game on the Deck I figured I'd recommend it here. It's close to reaching Balatro levels of addictiveness, but is an awesome dice-based roguelite in its own right. Anyway, there's technically no controller support, but the default controller bindings set the right thumbstick to the mouse and the left and L2/R2 to Undo/Select which works well enough.

You should eat more fiber, goddamn

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Don't use your electronics while making GBS threads unless you're wiping them down with antimicrobial wipes (this damages the device).

It's a great way to get poo poo germs on your device, which you will then touch *after* washing your hands.

Great way to get pinkeye.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Annath posted:

Don't use your electronics while making GBS threads unless you're wiping them down with antimicrobial wipes (this damages the device).

It's a great way to get poo poo germs on your device, which you will then touch *after* washing your hands.

I use a bidet so none of this applies.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

I use a bidet so none of this applies.

If you think a bidet don't cause spray, you're cray cray.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

jokes posted:

Fallout 3/NV had excellent combat consisting of clicking on enemies to apply relevant combat stats to them. The real gameplay was the system management, not the gunplay

Fallout 3 was also bad at this part lol, I'm almost convinced they made most of the skills and weapons useless as a homage to Fallout 1 because otherwise there's no explanation for it

like setting NV aside as this completely separate thing that only really shares a name and an engine but is otherwise a completely different design philosophy, 3 > 4 is a pretty direct improvement, all the bad parts (story, cohesion, choice, skills mattering, etc) are still bad but the stuff they improved on (combat, exploration, etc) is such a huge leap from one to the next

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Annath posted:

Lmao and what, just stare at the wall like a houseplant while pooping? What is this, the dark ages?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Papercut posted:

Lmao and what, just stare at the wall like a houseplant while pooping? What is this, the dark ages?

You need a dedicated ShitterDeck that stays in the bathroom.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Annath posted:

You mean Nintendo Switch?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Annath posted:

I'm kind of curious how you're handling your bathroom time where poo poo germs are on your hands during the "poo poo and scroll" phase pre-wiping.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I've had my first deck (oled) for less than a week but holy poo poo, its loving great.

I'll just enjoy it and wait awhile before digging into Decky and all that.

I've already put some good time into Persona 4 Golden. The art style pops on oled, obviously.

I then ended up sliding down a rabbit hole of installing a half-dozen or so games. The talk of Fallout 4 got me to reinstall and drat, its got its flaws but yeah, its pretty cool to have this running on a handheld.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 21, 2024

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm kind of curious how you're handling your bathroom time where poo poo germs are on your hands during the "poo poo and scroll" phase pre-wiping.

Ok, all joking aside, basically anything in your bathroom when you flush your toilet has fecal coliform bacteria on it, full stop. It has nothing to do with wiping, it's flushing that spreads the germs around.

Closing the lid before flushing helps, but does not entirely eliminate this.

These bacteria are gross, but not particularly harmful if you wash your hands and keep your bathroom tidy (although make sure you're rinsing off your toothbrush before using it.)

But you really don't want to be taking things into and out of the bathroom when using the toilet unless you clean them, because touching them after washing your hands will just spread the germs around.

One of the first things I learned in nursing school was just how bad the vast majority of people are at washing their hands, including myself. We had to rub a water soluble fluorescent dye on our hands, then wash them. Then our instructors pulled out the black light and showed us just how much surface area we missed.

It was eye opening.

Anyway this has been your Steam Deck Medical Minute, brought to you by Charmin.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Annath posted:

Ok, all joking aside, basically anything in your bathroom when you flush your toilet has fecal coliform bacteria on it, full stop. It has nothing to do with wiping, it's flushing that spreads the germs around.

Closing the lid before flushing helps, but does not entirely eliminate this.

These bacteria are gross, but not particularly harmful if you wash your hands and keep your bathroom tidy (although make sure you're rinsing off your toothbrush before using it.)

But you really don't want to be taking things into and out of the bathroom when using the toilet unless you clean them, because touching them after washing your hands will just spread the germs around.

One of the first things I learned in nursing school was just how bad the vast majority of people are at washing their hands, including myself. We had to rub a water soluble fluorescent dye on our hands, then wash them. Then our instructors pulled out the black light and showed us just how much surface area we missed.

It was eye opening.

Anyway this has been your Steam Deck Medical Minute, brought to you by Charmin.

You should watch the myth busters episode on this. It’s not nearly that bad.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Don't forget to close your eyes when you flush, lest you get pinkeye

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

You should watch the myth busters episode on this. It’s not nearly that bad.

Mythbusters is entertaining, but it's just not particularly rigorous in it's experimentation.

Fecal coliforms may be present in up to 44% of homes, and E. coli in up to 15%.

They spread extremely easily and are explicitly transmitted by the fecal/oral route.

Anyway, someone should make a sequel to "Surgeon Simulator" called "Epidemiologist Simulator". The controls being terrible would mesh great with things like swabbing contaminated surfaces or typing up reports of regulatory noncompliance that have no enforcement authority.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I understand the shock value of learning that toilets geyser poo poo particles onto everything in your home but it’s clearly not an actual issue. Wash your hands and don’t drive yourself into a panic attack swabbing a metal handle on a subway car.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Context is also part of it. Obviously yeah if you’re a nurse you need to be on top of that. You’re around people with open wounds and compromised immune systems all day.

But if you’re a healthy adult with a healthy immune system? You have a lot less to worry about.

Wash your hands, don’t lick the toilet seat, but I don’t think you need to quarantine anything that’s been in a bathroom.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

doctors and other medical professionals often have like a 30% rate of compliance with hand-washing/sanitizing procedures when they know that they are being audited on it. lost cause

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Have one of them fancy outside latrines and hose yourself down with the garden hose after yer done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i simply never poop