Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shard posted:

jesus are there any good game news sites these days?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How long could it take to write a guide on a video game? Like 2 hours right?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
hrmm starting to think this capitalism thing might be... bad?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

How long could it take to write a guide on a video game? Like 2 hours right?

Looking at what is linked, it seems less like full walkthroughs and more like "Here is how to retry a fight in FF7."

Which is still insanely poo poo and trash, don't get me wrong, but at least like a "it is somehow possible to imagine someone writing 50 of these in a week" and not "literally impossible"

Those kinds of guides are absolutely loving poo poo and make finding info about games harder so Kotaku dying would be better for everyone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/hellojenglen/status/1770857198295384266?s=20

Lol

Shard posted:

Aftermath, the site linked from the tweet, is formed (and run and owned) largely by people who fled Kotaku

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Glad you asked, here's some of the many ways to defeat the Cyberdemon in Doom:

- Punch it. Your punches do little damage, but with time and effort it might be possible. Picking up a berserk pack helps as it greatly increases the power of your punches.
- Chainsaw it. This does more damage over time than punches, but you will get there eventually!
- Shoot it with the pistol. While this is slow and you are bound to run out of ammo before killing the demon, you can use the cheat code IDFA to get more ammo.
- Shoot it with the shotgun. Moderately effective, and yet again you are at risk of running out of ammo.
- Shoot it with the chaingun. It uses the same ammunition as the pistol so see above.
- Shoot it with the rocket launcher. Rockets do a lot of damage, but beware so you don't get caught in the blast!
- Shoot it with the plasma rifle. One of the best ways to kill the cyberdemon. Be sure to pick up the ammo you can find in the arena!
- Shoot it with the BFG9000. Three or four blasts should be enough.

That's it! Congratulations on defeating the Cyberdemon, the toughest enemy in Doom.

Please like and subscribe to more guides like this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
News is not a valuable product. It becomes outdated too quickly and doesn't draw long term search engagement, and it can't compare with biased opinion for forming outrage and clickbait to generate immediate reaction.

Enjoy the unedited press releases and linked tweets without further context. It's all you're getting.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ymgve posted:

Glad you asked, here's some of the many ways to defeat the Cyberdemon in Doom:

- Punch it. Your punches do little damage, but with time and effort it might be possible. Picking up a berserk pack helps as it greatly increases the power of your punches.
- Chainsaw it. This does more damage over time than punches, but you will get there eventually!
- Shoot it with the pistol. While this is slow and you are bound to run out of ammo before killing the demon, you can use the cheat code IDFA to get more ammo.
- Shoot it with the shotgun. Moderately effective, and yet again you are at risk of running out of ammo.
- Shoot it with the chaingun. It uses the same ammunition as the pistol so see above.
- Shoot it with the rocket launcher. Rockets do a lot of damage, but beware so you don't get caught in the blast!
- Shoot it with the plasma rifle. One of the best ways to kill the cyberdemon. Be sure to pick up the ammo you can find in the arena!
- Shoot it with the BFG9000. Three or four blasts should be enough.

That's it! Congratulations on defeating the Cyberdemon, the toughest enemy in Doom.

Please like and subscribe to more guides like this

make it a slide show with an ad every 3 frames and you're hired!.... until we train this AI program on your stuff and then you're fired!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shard posted:

i was asking about this elsewhere, jeff gerstmann seems to source most his news from "Video Games Chronicle"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is video game news?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The REAL 'web3' is only just gettin' going, folks: https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1770214218395976007

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

What is video game news?

Your fave studio is having issues with sexism, racism and have outlawed unions

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Most of the gaming news sites are just advertising. Writing an article about a trailer or speculating or asking about stuff that functions as more advertisement. That primary function as advertisement then adds to the other cans of worms of problems with review as industry, and does nothing to promote them to investigate anything besides ad-like details about a game to cyclically capitalize on the excitement people have for upcoming product they have been advertised to about.

I don't recall any place that treated it all like regular journalism. I imagine it would be very hard to stay in business since people mostly just want advertisements and assurance the game they bought in the ad is good, or bad so they don't have to feel like they missed out.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

mutata posted:

The REAL 'web3' is only just gettin' going, folks: https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1770214218395976007

lmao this sucks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats a hell of a pizza though

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
facebook is total trash, i dont know why i dont delete mine but i guess im an old and it's like a legacy browse at this point. its kinda funny to read comments about flat earth, melted stones, giant fossilized trees and other crazy poo poo, the failures of the american health and education systems in full effect.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the cake could be better though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-indu...ng-a-new-thing/

At GDC today, the CEO of Larian stated that the studio is officially finished with BG3, with no plans for DLC or expansion, and is in fact going to move away from the D&D license as they move on to their next projects.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-indu...ng-a-new-thing/

At GDC today, the CEO of Larian stated that the studio is officially finished with BG3, with no plans for DLC or expansion, and is in fact going to move away from the D&D license as they move on to their next projects.

Honestly, good for them. It takes a hell of a lot to be willing to go "We released a great thing and we're happy with it" instead of making it their entire thing. Even Supergiant went to the Hades 2 well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i thought at least dlc would be a surefire bet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, good for them. It takes a hell of a lot to be willing to go "We released a great thing and we're happy with it" instead of making it their entire thing. Even Supergiant went to the Hades 2 well.

Agreed! Excited to see what they do next.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

facebook is total trash, i dont know why i dont delete mine but i guess im an old and it's like a legacy browse at this point. its kinda funny to read comments about flat earth, melted stones, giant fossilized trees and other crazy poo poo, the failures of the american health and education systems in full effect.

Each of us have the 3 or 4 people we care about who are only reachable via Facebook

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I torched that bit of my life ~6 years ago. I miss some of those people, but it was for the best.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rinkles posted:

i thought at least dlc would be a surefire bet

According to him, Larian just isn't a company that does that kinda stuff. They've even tried in the past and had a bad experience with it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The most annoying thing is that facebook recently pivoted to showing posts from tons of groups I don’t follow that I’m not interested in, so I never actually see when a real friend posts something. Mostly use it for Messenger these days.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
i like constantly seeing posts from 3-10 days ago repeated between ads and reels of indian street vendors

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well i was hoping for a more dungeon-focused bg3like (like icewind dale 1&2 was to baldur's gate 1&2)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My Facebook is almost entirely just clickbait articles and memes about Harry Potter and Marvel movies. Occasionally I see gaming related articles just making up announcements that haven't happened.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sounds like an epic win for the chuds and hell I'm not too much of a sore loser to refrain from saying, congratulations

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, that's the stuff. Let me live in a world surrounded by mannequins and cardboard cutouts. Social media: Really bringing the world together.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

hrmm starting to think this capitalism thing might be... bad?

I don't know, I made a lot of money so who can say

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/IGN/status/1770880830073655456?s=20

wait

what?

the fuckin what

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What if the cardboard cutouts were anime girls who streamed horror games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PC and mobile game Undawn launched in June to much fanfare that revolved around the digital recreation of Will Smith in-game. The Oscar-winning actor plays Trey Jones, who acts as a guide to help players navigate the world four years after a global disaster.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What if the cardboard cutouts were anime girls who streamed horror games
need to hear more about this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

need to hear more about this

Starting a thread about this subject.

edit) Gah!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

eagerly awaiting

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

PC and mobile game Undawn launched in June to much fanfare that revolved around the digital recreation of Will Smith in-game. The Oscar-winning actor plays Trey Jones, who acts as a guide to help players navigate the world four years after a global disaster.

Never heard of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have never heard of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It seems to be a free to play pay to win mobile game that locks pc players out of some content, with a game interface lifted straight from the mobile version.

I was halfway expecting it to be Epic exclusive too, but it’s actually on Steam.