Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I cant believe the new Alien is woke and starring a woman :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bows1 posted:

I cant believe the new Alien is woke and starring a woman :(

I thought Ripley had already woke in Aliens.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lobok posted:

Yeah but she goes back to sleep before the end.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

fez_machine posted:

I watched the Fall Guy trailer, way way way clearer on what the actual movie was about and its tone. Watching the first one I was like it's a set romance film with an action thriller subplot but they didn't seem like two elements that were blended together.

Big agree. Still feels like it should star Ryan Reynolds instead, but it looks a lot less like The Lost City now.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Lobok posted:

The Nostromo never would've had these issues if they hadn't had all these women and affirmative action hires who were agitating for unions. Leave long-haul space trucking to the real Americans.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm always down for a movie where Ryan Gosling is over his head and flailing but gonna wait for reviews to see if there's a good movie around it.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

I said come in! posted:

I groaned at the part with all of the face huggers storming into the hallway.

The perfect chaser to the shot that was the discussion about lovely cgi on the preceding page.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shageletic posted:

I'm always down for a movie where Ryan Gosling is over his head and flailing but gonna wait for reviews to see if there's a good movie around it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_fall_guy_2024

it's a feel good fun time

edit: new MM

https://twitter.com/monkeymanmovie/status/1770827755799592975

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 21, 2024

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Holy poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dual trailers for House of Dragon S2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSaSrJJPRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnxB9xZByyQ

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Monkey Man looks awesome

but man, I can't stand that Phil Collins song

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nice! I liked FX back in the day.

In first wknd. gently caress I hope there's plenty more fight scenes that aren't on this.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ehud posted:

Monkey Man looks awesome

I dunno man, the lyrics fit. It's a jam.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 21, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Rageaholic posted:

Teaser for Fede Alvarez's new Alien: Romulus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNMt84KT0k

Looks like it's taking place on a spaceship just like the first Alien

e: According to Wiki, this takes place between Alien and Aliens

I'm more looking forward to Noah Hawley's Alien adjacent series, but if this can deliver on horror I'll be happy to see it in theatres.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ehud posted:

Monkey Man looks awesome

You can take it up with Dev Patel he requested it specifically

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I will absolutely go see this

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Yup. This went from "will probably see in theater" to "must see in theater"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hell yes, that's a god drat trailer.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
What's with so many actors getting into directing? It seems like it used to be way more few and far between, and largely A-listers, but now tons of actors are doing it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

live with fruit posted:

What's with so many actors getting into directing? It seems like it used to be way more few and far between, and largely A-listers, but now tons of actors are doing it.

its definitely easier to break into directing through acting than it is to go from below the line to above it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

live with fruit posted:

I'm not sure if this is proper info to share but Dev has been...unwell in the last couple months. I'm not sure he quite understood the full depth of commitment that was needed. He has been fragile at best with the kind of stress this ramped up campaign and endless appearances and mixes and approvals and meetings that have been necc for this. I think after April 5 he should take a very long, very peaceful vacation

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

its definitely easier to break into directing through acting than it is to go from below the line to above it

Seems like it'd be very frustrating to be a young indie director seeing actors debuting with studio movies.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Seems like it'd be very frustrating to be a young indie director seeing actors debuting with studio movies.

I see what you're saying but it's not like Universal greenlit Monkey Man and handed Dev wheelbarrows full of cash. He made it on a modest budget for Netflix three years ago then they dumped it when they saw it because they were scared of India's reaction. It would probably still be dead if Jordan Peele didn't manage to see it, love it, and then help Dev shop it around and then edit it himself. It's not like Dev was handed this it was definitely a labor of love that has been a windy road at best.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

live with fruit posted:

sure but if we’re being honest this is just business in america. most people have seen, in their own careers, the equivalent of ari emanuel’s nephew’s roommate getting a juicy acting role over a julliard grad. at least we know dev patel is talented and has spent a lot of time on set working with good, skilled directors. if i were an indie director struggling to get something greenlit id be a lot more pissed off about john krasinski getting directing jobs

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

scary ghost dog posted:

id be a lot more pissed off about john krasinski getting directing jobs

I'm pissed about it and I'm not even in the business

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

sure but if we’re being honest this is just business in america. most people have seen, in their own careers, the equivalent of ari emanuel’s nephew’s roommate getting a juicy acting role over a julliard grad. at least we know dev patel is talented and has spent a lot of time on set working with good, skilled directors. if i were an indie director struggling to get something greenlit id be a lot more pissed off about john krasinski getting directing jobs

Cause Krasinski hasn't been on set working with good, skilled directors? And it's not just those two.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 21, 2024

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

maybe i will :mad:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yDanmWI1E

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

live with fruit posted:

Cause Krasinski hasn't been on set working with good, skilled directors? And it's not just those two.

it was just an example, but no, he hasnt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

live with fruit posted:

It kills me every day bruh

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

NICE loving MODEL

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kiimo posted:

Trailer rules, song rules, it's actually my main pump up song when I compete in strongman. Puts me in the right mindset for some reason

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Has there been any word or a leaked synopsis or anything that explains where the Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis' ghosts have gotten off to? They were the main characters god drat it :mad:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Huh, had no idea it was coming. Can’t say I’m super excited but getting Keaton, O’Hara, and Ryder back is fun, and I guess Jenny Ortega’s okay for the new Tim Burton it girl.

Edit: I’m fine without the Maitlands and the less said about Jeffry Jones the better, Glen Shadix is who I’ll really miss, he was such a good part of the original

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Has there been any word or a leaked synopsis or anything that explains where the Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis' ghosts have gotten off to? They were the main characters god drat it :mad:

they died

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I absolutely missed that this is directed by Tim Burton and that changes everything for me

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I like how Beetlejuice is hundreds of years old but also aging at the same rate as the Deetzes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

But ghosts?

live with fruit posted:

I like how Beetlejuice is hundreds of years old but also aging at the same rate as the Deetzes.

Look, he waited a really long time in that waiting room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"