Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

So only cute animals are worth saving wow WOW

Rats are cute too, it's more that armadillos seem exotic to me. If I didn't think of them as exotic I might change my mind about killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I've got bad news about where your food comes from

Farm raised trout who are so depressed they refuse to swim and accidentally drown?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hunt the deadliest game of all: microbes.

Oh, you want to check out my trophy case? I'm sorry, you can't see it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

I've got bad news about where your food comes from

I’m not an idiot I just don’t want to do it personally and it isn’t central to my enjoyment of fishing. I just like the fight.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

So only cute animals are worth saving wow WOW

get on the truck

but I'm a living thing

you're a baseball glove get on the truck

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/__femb0t/status/1770155748808359958

time to turn off autoupdate

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
For me, fishing was always an excuse to hang out alone or with my grandpa on the water, the actual catching of fish was just secondary. It's been a solid decade since I went. Hunting was never something I got included on, just my brothers, and I was fine with that. I do remember watching them dress a couple of deer in the yard and that's about as close as I got. We lived on a farm then though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

For me, fishing was always an excuse to hang out alone or with my grandpa on the water, the actual catching of fish was just secondary. It's been a solid decade since I went. Hunting was never something I got included on, just my brothers, and I was fine with that. I do remember watching them dress a couple of deer in the yard and that's about as close as I got. We lived on a farm then though.

I’m a mediocre hobbyist at best but we’ve got a ton of retention ponds full of bass in my neighborhood. It’s a nice excuse to pop on a podcast or the RDR2 soundtrack and walk a bunch of miles. Occasionally I’ll pull some big boys out of there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

So this is what gets me to switch to Firefox.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can't believe my use of Microsoft Edge finally has become a good idea?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Its Rinaldo posted:

Nah, it still isn't. Just use Firefox.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Well, since I can just import my stuff I suppose now's as good a time as any

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Its Rinaldo posted:

Edge runs on the Chromium engine, it'll have the same behavior.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

saintonan posted:

Edge runs on the Chromium engine, it'll have the same behavior.

every browser except Safari and Firefox are Chromium lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

30-50 feral hogs incoming

NGL I wish it was safe to eat feral hogs, but since they feed off whatever (which includes all the crap runoff from farms) it's a no-go.

I do remember that goon Bushman that hunted hogs with a thermal device & a spear.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I need to watch Hard Target again

I need to watch Silent Night. Shame I missed it in the theater during the Christmas season but so it be.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm going back to IE6

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yDanmWI1E

well keaton was dying to reprise that character forever

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

I'm going back to IE6

Let's not say things we can't take back

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. Greatest worst acting I’ve ever seen is in roadhouse. Conor should be proud. He really is the least convincing actor I’ve ever seen

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 22, 2024

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow. Greatest worst acting I’ve ever seen is in roadhouse. He really is the least convincing actor I’ve ever seen

McGregor?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m going to watch that Beetlejuice sequel on day loving one.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow. Greatest worst acting I’ve ever seen is in roadhouse. Conor should be proud. He really is the least convincing actor I’ve ever seen

It’s the dumbest movie to remake because the original is perfect and thus it was always doomed to fail. Like the dime store Point Break remake.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah it’s really bad. Really really bad. But fun.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Now it’s Opera’s Time to shine!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese his prologue talked about how Road House was his benchmark to which all other movies are judged.

I do the same thing but with Swordfish.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Now it’s Opera’s Time to shine!

Opera is also Chrome lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The font size on firefox is slightly off, just enough to annoy the gently caress out of me. I'll get used to it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

In Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese his prologue talked about how Road House was his benchmark to which all other movies are judged.

I do the same thing but with Swordfish.

Swordfish is such a terrible movie but it amazingly encapsulates this time period.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm amazed people weren't already using Firefox as it's objectively a much better browser w/r/t privacy and tracking blocking than Chrome and it also doesn't have huge memory leaks. Not to mention whatever underhanded garbage Google is doing that they haven't admitted to (youtube throttling if you block their ads, etc).

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, it's fun seeing a "copy link without site tracking" option in Firefox that weirdly isn't a thing in Chrome

I didn't even know that was a thing

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Also the CPU usage of chrome is nuts. It works "faster" by occupying ridiculous amounts of memory.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Has anyone used that Brave browser? Is that a viable alternative?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I used Firefox for years but I’ve been on chrome for a decade probably.

Today is the day I migrate back.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Switch to pihole or adguard and block ads over your network instead of in the browser

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
If you like the Guy Ritchie films (Lock Stock, Snatch, etc) The Gentlemen on Netflix is super good.

The movie it’s based on is pretty good too

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I love this man

https://twitter.com/eviIcherub/status/1770867392849047614?t=Vyw7Bt4Fs8H-B-pUVaORFg&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My mom is thinking of getting my step dad a cat. She wants one that doesn't shed a lot and is hypoallergenic. I am thinking that is not really a thing outside of a hairless cat, am I wrong?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Trying to remember if anyone ever eats part of a sandworm in the Dune novels. Feels like something that would have been mentioned at some point, even if only to say that it's impossible/forbidden, but I'm blanking.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

My mom is thinking of getting my step dad a cat. She wants one that doesn't shed a lot and is hypoallergenic. I am thinking that is not really a thing outside of a hairless cat, am I wrong?

Hi! hello.

I'm also highly allergic, and got a siberian 5 months ago. She'll start shedding eventually, but I've had absolutely zero reaction to her so far. Thing to do is find a reputable breeder near you and take her (or whomever has the allergies) there for an hour or so to confirm she has no reaction. I was just shoving my face into cats sides for an hour and bouncing on their hair covered couches.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Hi! hello.

I'm also highly allergic, and got a siberian 5 months ago. She'll start shedding eventually, but I've had absolutely zero reaction to her so far. Thing to do is find a reputable breeder near you and take her (or whomever has the allergies) there for an hour or so to confirm she has no reaction. I was just shoving my face into cats sides for an hour and bouncing on their hair covered couches.

Please provide more content and info about the kitty :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

She got spayed last week, was supposed to be in the cone for 10 days, but beat the hell out of it and turned it into a floppy collar and proceeded to... not care about her incision at all and just wanted to clean her fur, so after 5 days we've just taken the cone off and have been watching her. Soon she will wake up and demand I play fetch with her for 15 minutes.

Here she is pre-surgery in her preferred habitat: