Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's March 22nd. I double click on the game in Steam and nothing happens. This is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

i keep installing and then uninstalling the character creator to keep my internet warmed up

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wait how do you make a hairless cat person?

Also still waiting on my gmg code :(

E never mind I got it

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 22, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Vermain posted:

i believe most of them do, since it's a subscription service and is generally only worth the cash for the opening few months where 90% of your sales are made

They sometimes do, but many never do. Still plenty of older games on Steam that have never been cracked because of it. Especially from big companies like EA and Ubisoft.

In case anyone got the game from CDKeys:

https://twitter.com/cdkeyscom_en/status/1770833770599404022

So, maybe not at 5 sharp but this translates to 5 to 6 pm PST, or within the next two hours.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

I think that's the short hair option flesh-colored

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Looks like GMG is finally giving their codes out, I just got and redeemed mine.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Play posted:

They sometimes do, but many never do. Still plenty of older games on Steam that have never been cracked because of it. Especially from big companies like EA and Ubisoft.

In case anyone got the game from CDKeys:

https://twitter.com/cdkeyscom_en/status/1770833770599404022

So, maybe not at 5 sharp but this translates to 5 to 6 pm PST, or within the next two hours.

Too bad they were only able to get one key

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Play posted:

I'm sure that's true, but I got the game way after release and while average framerate was at least okay, the stuttering was completely ludicrous. Every time it happens it just instantly takes you out of the experience. Feels cheap, lovely, and even makes some people feel ill. No setting did a single thing to help.

Ah, that explains it. You just missed how insanely bad it was at release. Even average framerate was terrible. Was probably the worst performance I've ever gotten from a major game release (relative to graphics quality and hardware).

Maybe DD2 will dethrone it? We shall see.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

See how the shoulders are slightly different? That means the "flesh" color is a giant tattoo enlarged to cover the fur, looks like with the shine turned up to make it more skin like.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
just over half an hour I feel like a kid on christmas morning

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Khanstant posted:

If denuvo were clever they'd make the download shared versions have denuvo but paying customers get the clean version.

Someone would have to buy it first to make a pirated copy so how would that even work?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Everyone just prepare to add up to an hour for downloading, installing, and verification. We're gonna get through this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Drawing racing stripes on my ethernet cable to make it go faster

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
carefully disabling every web enabled device in my house and preparing to read a book made of paper until game is ready

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Nuebot posted:

If it looked any "worse" it'd basically be video game hitler.

:lol:

But yes that’s fair

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Very upsetting that I have to play BG3 with my "friends" in an hour. I want to be a Dragon's Dogma hermit for the rest of my life.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Vargs posted:

Very upsetting that I have to play BG3 with my "friends" in an hour. I want to be a Dragon's Dogma hermit for the rest of my life.

real friends would understand bailing on them for dargons dogam

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vargs posted:

Just talk about dragon's dogma the whole time

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Vargs posted:

Just tell them you're experiencing a medical emergency and set your status to offline. Re-emerge if and when you've done everything there is to do in DD2. Problem solved.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Play posted:

If there is a single copy of any game anywhere that is given to the public without Denuvo, it'll be instantly pirated. This recently happened with Lies of P, the developer (accidentally it seems) uploaded a version to steam for a patch that didn't have Denuvo and now it's available to torrent. They probably didn't lose that much from it though, if someone was going to buy the game they likely already would've a while ago.

In fact, I'd suggest that all games after a year or so should remove Denuvo. Who cares at that point.

I was just making a joke because I hate not owning software we purchase, hate the DMCA and it's ilk, hate income inequality and support poor folks playing whatever they can possibly download. Not to mention download sharing is a boon to the economy, except for industries based around fear mongering and selling the cure like Denuvo.

I didn't know that about lies of P though, that's fantastic, hope to see it happen more. Recently there was a great show that was finished and ready to air, but was getting shelved for shady tax tricks, except someone accidentally uploaded an episode which meant they were legally obligated to air the rest. Funny show too, Killing It.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Vargs posted:

tell them you can't because you're having massive internet issues and neglect to mention the internet issues are you downloading DD2

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This next 15 minutes needs to hurry tf up

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GMG still hasn't sent me my dang keeeeey! I might end up minutes behind on downloading DD2! Minutes!
Edit: Complaining on the internet works, they sent my key literally seconds after I hit submit.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

im complaining that im not playing the game right this instant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Preparing for the game to be ready for download, is this a reasonable version of Taxi-era Judd Hirsch? Kind of getting Gene Wilder vibes from him.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man why's it gotta drop the same night as new Dungeon Meshi and Bang Bravern

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

i need a support group for those of us with questionable internet :( i wonder when i'll actually get to play tonight

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ajkalan posted:

Preparing for the game to be ready for download, is this a reasonable version of Taxi-era Judd Hirsch? Kind of getting Gene Wilder vibes from him.

I can see both. Switch his hairstyle for a ponytail and you've got Furio from The Sopranos. Or give him slick-backed hair for Odo from Deep Space Nine

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dragon's Sugma

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What's Sugma?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

4 more hours for the PS5 unlock. I am so hyped. The original game is one of my favorites of all time. I can't wait. I am preloaded and ready to go!

I have to work Friday-Sunday night sadly. So Im gonna play all night tonight once it unlocks, and then just be sad all weekend waiting to play more. Probably start over on Monday :D

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

if you are reading this thread then you must listen to this on loop until the game is done downloading or you will die irl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeYkWUpccs

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

download will be up by the time this finishes playing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cuntman.net posted:

if you are reading this thread then you must listen to this on loop until the game is done downloading or you will die irl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeYkWUpccs

i love how even the title song is this bizarre mishmash of ideas that manage to clash in a way that's interesting rather than offputting

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
well i have some time to wait while it downloads, im wondering if i should make new character changes again. i'm pretty happy with it but the one downside is that if im going to play my DD1 arisen, i can't name this new character John Dogma and that's always funny

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cuntman.net posted:

never heard this before, because apparently it was removed for Dark Arisen

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e: wrong thread

can't wait for the Digital Foundry on this though, Alex B's gonna go IN

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Been a while since I've had the LET ME IN energy, and it's a genuinely good feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

isk posted:

Been a while since I've had the LET ME IN energy, and it's a genuinely good feeling

Yeah same, last game for me with that energy was probably Elden Ring