Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I can't stop laughing at Trump's pose and anatomy in this one. Terrible even by Branco standards. Just his foot alone is longer than his torso, to say nothing of his one gigantic leg. He looks like something that would eat a Miskotonic professor who got too curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Looks normal to-a me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Ann Telnaes

Bob Englehart

Carlos Latuff

I think that kid probably has other, more immediate worries here.

Clay Bennett

Darrin Bell

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

"If Biden's economic policies haven't completely destroyed the country, why do I keep saying they have?"

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jimmy Margulies

"Feeding aid" is just a super awkward phrase here.

John Branch

John Darkow

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rivers

This is just embarrassing.

Taylor Jones

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

OK "-Report" gave me a hearty :lol:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Rivers

This is just embarrassing.
It feels like every Republican cartoon on this is literally just :rolleyes:
Like they don't make any point or offer refutation they just say "wow the libs are freaking out over this, huh?" and at a stretch will go "nuh uh". Normally this is where they'd litigate the fine points of the speech to try and get critics lost in the weeds of semantics but when it's this obvious and this blatant (and this soon after "poisoning the blood of our counry") I guess all you can really do is just tell people to ignore their lying eyes and ears.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Codgle

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality. Never forget that the Republicans went after Cheney even though she voted the party line on pretty much everything except the one issue that actually matters to Republicans - unquestioning loyalty to Trump.

A.F. Branco

Chris Britt

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Mimics have adapted to contemporary lures. A D20 Modern cartoon.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Skios posted:

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality. Never forget that the Republicans went after Cheney even though she voted the party line on pretty much everything except the one issue that actually matters to Republicans - unquestioning loyalty to Trump.
That's Texas' Republican Governor, Greg Abbott.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I retract my nomination then. I thought it was Biden.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Anyway, here's why Trump should have the right of kings and a blueprint for greatly expanding the power of the Presidency while punishing the media for saying things we don't like and explicitly, openly prosecuting political opponents

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I have to admit, that is nice looking T-34/85. I wonder where he traced it from.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
The barrels on the hull make it pretty recognizably a T-34, but the turret is the wrong shape. Not to give him any credit, but it's probably not traced.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on conspiracy theories around the Princess of Wales – Catherine’s health has sparked a frenzy of speculation"

Telegraph:

HMRC to close phone lines for six months every year

Matt:

After Waitrose Duchy Organic.

Independent:

Leo Varadkar to step down as Taoiseach and quits as Fine Gael party leader

Times:

UK inflation falls to 3.4% as Bank of England mulls interest rate cut

Evening Standard:

London's £2,000-a-year council tax bombshell as average bill passes landmark in almost half of boroughs

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

It's really funny seeing the Jackson comics taking her words out of context right next to the Trump comics complaining about taking his words out of context.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on conspiracy theories around the Princess of Wales – Catherine’s health has sparked a frenzy of speculation"
Is putting Sudanese conflict and Gazan famine in with a bunch of weird insane conspiracy theories intentional messaging that they're fake or is Jennings just bad at this

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Vib Rib posted:

Is putting Sudanese conflict and Gazan famine in with a bunch of weird insane conspiracy theories intentional messaging that they're fake or is Jennings just bad at this

I guessing, and I'm probably being generous here, that it's a way to contrast the conspiracy theories with serious real world problems.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Youtube is deliberately pushing conspiracy garbage onto everyone and it mixes with real content if it doesn't completely drown out real content.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Vib Rib posted:

Jennings's point is that public obsession with the royals drowns out more important things.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Jobs surge sees unemployment rate tumble back to 3.7 per cent (ABC). Which was quickly replaced as a story by: "There were hopes of a series of rates cuts coming soon, but hopes have been dashed by shock new figures today." (news.com.au).

Rowe 1:

I missed this yesterday with the Trump dissing Kevin Rudd cartoons.

Rowe 2:

China's Wang Yi has 'big picture' talks with former Australia PM Keating (Reuters).

Lethbridge:

Foreign minister Penny Wong dealing with Kevin Rudd and Paul Keating.

Katauskas:

Wilcox: :words:

The King’s School: Headmaster Tony George rants on ‘wokeness’, clickbait media and the ‘age of victimhood’ (news.com.au).

Knight:

The AFLs main demand to allow Tasmania to have a football team is a fancy new expensive stadium in Hobart and that's contentious with the state election happening Saturday.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Migration rose by one-third last year to lift Australia’s population by a record 659,000 (Guardian) "The net annual rise was revealed as Labor signalled moves to reduce migration arrivals". The Coalition is taking this up as an attack point with the shadow immigration minister Dan Tehan telling reporters "record numbers of people are causing a housing crisis, they're causing a rental crisis".

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

Ah, springtime. A time of renewal, of blossoming, of light and warmth and … fascism? Like budding flowers, the ominous signs are sprouting everywhere.

A once great political party is in thrall to a leader with strong authoritarian inclinations. Independent party officials are replaced with the leader’s toadies and relatives.

In fear-inducing speeches, the leader rants about outsiders “poisoning the nation’s blood.” He calls his political opponents “vermin” who must be driven out and jailed. He predicts a “bloodbath” if he is not elected president and urges his followers to “defend the vote” — code for “do anything to win.”

The leader disparages democratic allies and consorts with the foreign autocrats that he emulates. Like them, he depends on a steady stream of lies and distortions to bend reality in his favor.

The leader’s supporters forgive his crimes, believe his lies and have demonstrated they are willing to fight police and storm the Capitol to preserve his power.

This spring, 2024 in the USA feels too much like 1934 in Germany.

One day, perhaps political cartoonists will come to understand meter. Today is not that day. I also don't know how he missed the Springtime for Hitler joke staring him right in the face.

David M. Hitch

Donald Trump wants to kill the concept of journalism, and with the help of credulous idiots like these he might succeed. A good cartoon.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Phlegmish posted:

Only recently started paying attention to Stahler because I saw what I considered to be a good cartoon from him, but I'm disappointed by now. Your art is cool, please say something other than this trite Prickly City-level bullshit.

Stahler goes back and forth a lot. I'm a little more willing to forgive him than the Prickly City team because he does make genuine statements a lot of the time, even if they're interspersed with "election season sucks amiright" toons.

Jimmy Margulies

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Rivers

Here's a hint: it's because Trump is the worst, at all times, under all circumstances, and does not stop being the worst. That might have something to do with it, you dickhead.

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Knight remains astonishingly, almost aggressively bad at caricature. It's not like David Attenborough hasn't been done before. For several decades!

There's a bloodymindedness to being a political cartoonist by profession yet avoiding ever learning this one central and fundamental skill.

I mean, it doesn't even have to be caricature, per se — just likeness would be enough! But can't even manage that. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Knight has some form of prosopagnosia — the inability to recognise faces. But more likely it's just the inability to recognise his own flaws.

Kellies nomination: worst caricature (or consider Knight's entire oeuvre for a lifetime award)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Two strips in a row with recognizable punchlines? What is happening :confused:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Someone is masquerading as Mainstream Media and beat up the truth in an effort to frame them.

AGC

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm repeating myself, but god, they've got nothing on this one.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

What lies are being told about Charlottesville Hitch? The part where the Nazi killed someone? Or where people thought that UVA's basketball team was good?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Theoretical vs. Actual Bigger Evils

Ted Rall posted:

Democrats often urge disgruntled progressives to support Biden on the ground that he’s the “lesser evil,” compared with Trump. But it’s Biden, not Trump, who has helped Israel to kill more than 31,000 Palestinians in occupied Gaza.

First Dog on the Moon: Constant bad news doing your head in? Why not read about the fish doorbell instead

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Rivers

Here's a hint: it's because Trump is the worst, at all times, under all circumstances, and does not stop being the worst. That might have something to do with it, you dickhead.

Meet Rivers, mention the name "Biden" etc.

e: no one claims that Rivers is witty, intelligent, or brilliant, though

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Two strips in a row with recognizable punchlines? What is happening :confused:

Yeah the e pluribus unum one is kind of clever, and incredibly it actually tells you how Stantis might feel about a particular politician, in this case Trump.

Every now and then you get one of these, and it just makes it all the more frustrating that 95% of Prickly Cities are a complete waste of time.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 22, 2024

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst False Equivalence

"Biden has done bad things!"
"Trump has also done bad things, promises to do more bad things, and would gleefully do this bad thing but even worse than Biden does."
"SHUT UP!"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Jesus loving Christ, just straight out "despite everything Trump did in his first term and everything Trump has said in his campaign, what he could do in a second term is completely unknowable and therefore he cannot be treated as anything but a pure avatar of no impact on anyone's lives"

Go gently caress a pack of razor blades, Rall

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s continuing frustrations with the Rwanda bill – After seven defeats in the Lords, the PM’s signal asylum bill has reached a stalemate until at least Easter"

Telegraph:

Bank of England faces backlash for being ‘overly cautious’ on rates

Matt:

Government considering compensation for women hit by state pension age change; Garrick Club membership revealed for first time – with the King among ranks

Independent:

Waspi campaigners demand action as politicians avoid compensation commitment

Times:

"Six questions Rachel Reeves must answer on Labour’s economy plan"

Evening Standard:

England kit: Keir Starmer urges Nike to change St George's Cross flag design

Stephen Collins:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

edit: wrong thread

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

What lies are being told about Charlottesville Hitch? The part where the Nazi killed someone? Or where people thought that UVA's basketball team was good?

It's probably the usual complaint, the "lie" that Trump was referring to the Nazis as very good people when he said there were very good people on both sides. You know, all the non-Nazis that were marching with the Nazis in a Nazi rally saying Nazi catchphrases and carrying Nazi flags and doing Nazi salutes. Those non-Nazis.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

idonotlikepeas posted:

Marty Two Bulls

If you're wondering about the fascination with this woman and teeth; she just did this recently:
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1767542187791622251

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ivanka should be “Ida Know”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

duz posted:

If you're wondering about the fascination with this woman and teeth; she just did this recently:

Thank you. That comic now makes sense instead of seeming like a fever dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

duz posted:

God, that's just pathetic. Without the context, I had no idea what the comic was on about.