Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This goes against my one and only reason to use ai. That’s stupid. Playing around is fine but do that on your own time imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yDanmWI1E

Oh god, it even has the minor key Day O cover.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Looks like they killed off Lydia’s dad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The way he slowly comes out and just with no emotion and an old rear end voice says “the juice is loose”

lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He broke his neck and died in when he fell over in the chair at the end of the movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Still kinda surprised they aren't just making a movie out of the musical given how successful it's been, but maybe that's a good thing given the typical stage-to-screen track record.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the juice is loose is the best possible way to reintroduce this character.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

couldn’t he be happier or more excited

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

couldn’t he be happier or more excited

Would you be?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gonz posted:

Not even a good excuse. Shouldn't he be in hell for pederasty?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

If I was gonna kill off any character in the cast of beetlejuice it'd be the one played by Jeffrey "pled no contest to paying a 14 year old boy to pose for nude photos" Jones

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
*beetlejuice voice* woah! that’s too much even for me!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not even a good excuse. Shouldn't he be in hell for pederasty?

I think it was the actor who did that stuff, not the fictional character he portrayed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
juice is lose just does nothing for me in the post, im going to kill aquaman and destroy everything he holds dear, and, he was in the amazon with my mom when she was researching spiders just before she died, trailer lines world 😔

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

dorium posted:

Finally an appropriate event to wear my OJ shirt to.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope the death was something horrible and they only mention it in passing and it’s not some major plot device for the movie.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Computer generate a discussion that goes nowhere , add in some name calling, now put in a Friday the 13th ranking...post

1) Friday the 13th (1980) is a classic slasher film that launched the franchise and introduced the iconic character Jason Voorhees. 2) Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) continued the terror with Jason taking on a bigger role. 3) Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) was praised for its suspense and special effects. 4) Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) brought a more self-aware tone to the series. 5) Friday the 13th Part III (1982) is notable for introducing Jason's signature hockey mask. However, some films in the franchise, like "Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan" (1989) and "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday" (1993), have received criticism for straying from the original formula and not living up to fan expectations. Ultimately, opinions on the quality of each film will vary among viewers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

I think it was the actor who did that stuff, not the fictional character he portrayed.

Would fit right in with a work from the twisted mind of one T. Burton.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsqaRD2HI8

I would say the big names in Hollywood would be curb on AI nonsense progression but given what Cameron did to Aliens in it's latest UHD release :v:

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 22, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LionArcher posted:

Some artists will use it to create amazing art. Hell, a team of five within a few years of pro artists/creatives could create an entire film on their own sooner than we think.

And yes, a lot of people won’t be able to make a living anymore. And most of the art now is lifeless and not good. But it’s very early days, and there’s no way of stopping it. You either adapt or you’re going to lose your job.

A group of five people or fifty people aren't going to create anything with AI because AI cannot create anything. All it does is recycle other people's work.

You're right that a lot of people will lose their jobs, though. They just won't be able to adapt, because once their work has been stolen the jobs won't exist any more. That's why decent folk are hard line against AI "creativity".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

if you're gonna use ai imo its not remotely to be creative. It's just to be quick and free. And i still stand behind if you have little to no budget and you can't pay someone what they're worth it's whatever for something small and throw away like a background thing that's going to be out of focus or maybe some social media UI you're going to scroll past.

I honestly and firmly believe that if you cannot draw, and cannot create for whatever reason, and you're using AI to finally be able to express yourself or however you want to justify it...you're wrong and it's bad. You can't do that.

Just make something. If it's "bad" whatever. You made something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Especially in regards to low-budget filmmaking, if you're in the position where you feel you "have" to use AI, there is 100% for sure someone who did something better than whatever AI will put out on an equally low budget.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Especially in regards to low-budget filmmaking, if you're in the position where you feel you "have" to use AI, there is 100% for sure someone who did something better than whatever AI will put out on an equally low budget.

better yeah. But you have to pay them, and if you literally have nothing then what do you do? It's tough because I can get friends to do stuff for free for fun, but that takes their time away from doing anything else, so there's a cost there.

It gets harder to ask people to make stuff for free, especially in regards to what I'm talking about which is just, background crap that no one will ever see. Not so much main titles and such.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Don't worry, when AI gets so good that you won't be able to tell the difference (it's already getting pretty close), this problem will be moot because all media will be using it and artists will basically be hosed. Without legislation, there's no stopping this poo poo.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dorium posted:

Juice is loose keeps making me think about that thread where goons were attempting to eyeball dose research chemicals and posting some of the most bizarre stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's the funniest part. There's nothing gained here other than pocket change.

I get the feeling that with some of these people it really is just wanting to fool around with it for its own sake, not because it actually solves any problems.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I get the feeling that with some of these people it really is just wanting to fool around with it for its own sake, not because it actually solves any problems.

That's even more of a reason not to put it in your movie imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Origami Dali posted:

Don't worry, when AI gets so good that you won't be able to tell the difference (it's already getting pretty close), this problem will be moot because all media will be using it and artists will basically be hosed. Without legislation, there's no stopping this poo poo.

It’s not really that close. There’s almost always a weird smoothness.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Origami Dali posted:

I dunno, I am pretty cynical about this stuff but we are hitting the upper limit on what all it can do for a bit here. But like, it doesn't really matter if you personally are getting fooled or not by AI art because a lot of people don't care or some of the stuff it gets used for we will be just looking at it with a passing glance and not detective hatting our way on whether we think its real or fake. But yes it should be against the law.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I am sad to announce that Late Night With The Devil rocks. The station key art that appears in the movie amounts to about 2.5 seconds total and would be very easy to replace.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/kevinmccarthytv/status/1770940363924004988

This makes me feel a little better about it, to be honest. 3 years ago AI as a tool wasn't really on anyone's radar and certainly not in conversations about art.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I’m fine with chalking this up to just pure ignorance and leave it at that tbh. No use throwing the baby out with the bath water on this. If they replace the key art interstitials. That movie had like 8 production houses behind it (the crowd laughed at how long each successive one was tho the Good Fiend Films title card was stop-motion yarn animation and was very cute). They should be able to commission replacements.

dorium fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 22, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gripweed posted:

It’s not really that close. There’s almost always a weird smoothness.

It's going to completely change stuff like special effects in the future but that's still a ways away. Like you'll be able to do stuff in it that would cost millions of dollars to basically nothing and eliminate some jobs.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

That's actually a very reasonable response. David just makes me like him more everyday.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Phy posted:

I'm trying to remember if William Gibson or Neal Stephenson foresaw art and literature being outsourced to silicon when they were inventing the cyberpunk dystopia
Rudy Rucker was pretty drat close to anticipating it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just watched Stage Fright for the first time and that owned, there should have been a dozen sequels to this with progressively more absurd excuses for people getting locked in theaters

I loved the villain very calmly setting the stage for the final showdown. No hiding, no running away, just building the perfect scene to do his thing

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
lol at the end of Thanksgiving the EMT very clearly closes the ambulance door wrong so it fails to close and they just drive out of frame and don't worry about it. a nice little bit of movie magic

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I forgot Tony Todd was in the crow

Also this movie is still cool to this day. Perfect film honestly

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I just watched Stage Fright for the first time and that owned, there should have been a dozen sequels to this with progressively more absurd excuses for people getting locked in theaters

I loved the villain very calmly setting the stage for the final showdown. No hiding, no running away, just building the perfect scene to do his thing

Yeah Stage Fright is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What's great about it (apart from the owl mask) is instead of having people picked off one by one until they realize what's happening, it's just "Oh poo poo we're in here with a psycho killer" and the rest of the movie is just everybody running around trying not to die.