Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
WGBZOHASIBW8 If any Xbox bros want to use Tanya, my Fighter pawn who is 50 cm taller than my Arisen :v:

Mage playstyle is pretty fun, got the quick cast skill for fast blasting. Killed a Minotaur after like 5 tries because I kept getting one shot on its charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Play posted:

I think someone said you have to delete your cloud save through steam or something? Don't quote e on that

did figure it out after some help from a friend but yeah, you have to go into your steam local saves with cloud sync turned off and delete the folder.

didn't realize at the time that it'd also delete the characters I made in the DRAGON'S DOGMA 2 CHARACTER CREATION AND STORAGE though and I was on a time crunch so I just activated one of the default white boys and modified them a bit

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Arisen and Ongo. Going on adventures.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So whats the general incentive to levelling up other vocations

Is it mainly the augments that will carry over, and potentially some skills?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Made it 3 hours into the game accidentally so now I can't refund on Steam. Mostly at 60-50 FPS in open field, and a crazy 30-50 in Vermund

10/10 game, but holy gently caress Capcom you should be embarrassed for releasing it in this state, leaving money on the table for no loving reason

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah, the super busted performance and the MTX poo poo are all the more disappointing because everything else seems neat. It seems like a good game, somewhere in there! But I don't think I'll be sinking much time into this until they make some improvements.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Playing on a terrible 4 year old gaming laptop and honestly it feels just like an xbox 360 game. More like a remixed version of original than a sequel. I guess that was their goal, though.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
really debated about making Undyne again since playing through DD1 with her chargin' in and causin' ruckuses was profoundly fun, maybe one of my favorite game experiences of all time... also whenever I logged in I'd need to spend a few minutes acceptin' kind words n gifts from folks recruitin' her, such a lovely mechanic haha

but I've never actually engaged with DD's magic much, so this time I think a nerdy lil mage who will give lots of helpful advice I can make fun of and ignore is the right path

ralsei's time to shine!

or uh, RALPH if ya use the filter, which cracks me up

06IFOTXMRSSI
tiny lil babby mage on PC, also do they really mix together 0's, O's, I's, and 1's?? jeez haha

please teach him many insights for his guidebook, in our short time together he's already learned MASSIVE LOADS from danny

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha Thief is awesome. Double jumping via explosion is always fun. The ninja Gaiden spin slash jump is fun, the anime all sides slashes is great, I love it so far. Enemies have been blowing up quick so far but it's baby stuff. Love the ghosts laughing and attacking at night. So dark at night it's great and spooky and dangerous.

Item management is annoying, don't imagine I'll be leaving that on long because going to an inn to drop off random stuff and also that's stuff rotting isn't fun.

P.a. there are multiple menus to leveling up, I was so enamoured with weapon skills I didn't even notice I had more options at first.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oof, seeing the mostly negative reviews on Steam. I presume its mostly because of performance issues and MTX?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

God, this game is loving cool. It runs fairly well for me but I have a newer pc.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Definitely, nobody can have played long enough to really have much to evaluate it on yet.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Everdraed posted:

really debated about making Undyne again since playing through DD1 with her chargin' in and causin' ruckuses was profoundly fun, maybe one of my favorite game experiences of all time... also whenever I logged in I'd need to spend a few minutes acceptin' kind words n gifts from folks recruitin' her, such a lovely mechanic haha

but I've never actually engaged with DD's magic much, so this time I think a nerdy lil mage who will give lots of helpful advice I can make fun of and ignore is the right path

ralsei's time to shine!

or uh, RALPH if ya use the filter, which cracks me up

06IFOTXMRSSI
tiny lil babby mage on PC, also do they really mix together 0's, O's, I's, and 1's?? jeez haha

please teach him many insights for his guidebook, in our short time together he's already learned MASSIVE LOADS from danny
Hah, your Devito looks better than mine. Where can I find those glasses?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wimpy CPU bros, how are you faring? I don't know if I want to start now or wait till the weekend after I put in my new CPU.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Got up briefly to start the download and saw its already at mostly negative, uh ohhh

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Imaginary Friend posted:

Hah, your Devito looks better than mine. Where can I find those glasses?
no clue! he was a friend list pawn that just came barrelin' outta da riftstone ether, wavin' a gun and talkin' about his magnum dong

... on closer inspection

now that's ingenuity

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 22, 2024

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Shoehead posted:

Got up briefly to start the download and saw its already at mostly negative, uh ohhh

The game is good, it's just poorly optimized. There may also be some people who are learning that modern Capcom games offer a bunch of microtransactions for things that you can trivially get in-game for the first time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I love how both my character and pawn turned out. My pawn is a large muscular Chinese man and my character is a short lady with a ponytail. One of the pawns I hired was an "official" pawn or something, from some separate menu. I guess created by Capcom? He's some guy named (IIRC) Yoshi and is definitely the more obnoxious pawn in my party. My pawn and this mage lady pawn I hired are both chill, while this guy is just constantly running around.

I have one question related to my Archer weapon skills. I started with a skill that quickly bombards an enemy with two shots. Single-target DPS skill basically. But I also learned a skill that fires a single powerful shot. So I'm not sure which is better for single-target DPS. It seems like the latter might come with the downside of needing to stay still when you use it? It definitely has more "oomph" to it.

edit: I'm reading that you can only have one character in this? That's weird. Some are saying you can't even replace your first character?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 22, 2024

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You get 1/3 of a wakestone for using someone elses pawn for a day, as a default pawn quest. A value of 33 cents

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

How early on can you change your look? I hate my dude.

Reach the Capital and find the Rift Crystal vendor

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I appreciate that the default pawn quest is "travel a day with this pawn and get a wakestone shard", which means it should be easy to get a stock of wakestones early on.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Lmao at the toasty black face in the flashback

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I got two before I even made it to the big city.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That poor dude in Melve waited two days for me to "make my preparations" as I kept coming and going from the village to chuck home made bombs at some alligator men who were just trying to get in on the bottom ladder of the property market. Game rules :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

make sure any other anti-aliasing settings are off, that can be a thing in menus that isn't always clear

This didn't work for me, ooh well i'll try to figure it out tomorrow. The AMD one works for now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Play posted:

For a second I thought it was gonna get up and still try to kick some rear end like a dark souls jerky soldier.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Harlock posted:

I got two before I even made it to the big city.

I'm at 4 or 5 shard since I've just been goofing around doing little quests and poking around the forests and caves. Also found one of them secret challenge coins for the guild.

What are exclamation marks on the map? I keep going and sometimes there's resources or a chest but the mark stays and in other places it's unclear if there's anything there at all. Most games use that symbol for quests, but there doesn't seem to be a quest component here.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm getting pretty excellent performance, solid 60-90 FPS in the field, dips to 50-55 with occasional stutters in the big city. And I'm on a <$1000 PC - 3070, 5600X and 16 gigs of ram. All settings are on High :shrug:

Not really blown away by the actual game yet but I was pretty lukewarm on the first one too and this seems to be largely more of the same, to the point where it kind of feels like a remaster rather than a whole new game.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 22, 2024

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Play posted:

When I first saw this post my eyes immediately locked on to this part and I was like "Wait what?!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

When I first saw this post my eyes immediately locked on to this part and I was like "Wait what?!"

ooh yeah its not quite that bad lol. The characters face is meant to look burned because they took a direct blast to the face from a dragon.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Adding some steps for PC to ensure you have a smooth experience getting your Character and Pawn appearance into the game:

1. Make sure Steam Cloud is enabled.

2. Make sure the 'Cloud Status' for DD2 Character Creator and the DD2 main game is 'Up to date' to synchronise the programs.

3. In the Character Creator, check who is set as your Main Character and Pawn by looking for the DD2 logo beneath them. You cannot change this in the main game.
If the Steam Cloud is synchronised you will be asked to import character data. If you aren't asked to import character data at the appropriate time (character/pawn selection) then you get taken to a normal character creation screen.
If you are not asked to import character data you should kill the program with Alt+F4 so that your decision is not saved. This means the character data has not synchronised.

4. If you have five Main Characters you do not need five Main Pawns, and vice versa. The character you made in slot 1 doesn't have to go with your pawn in slot 1, so don't be concerned about killing the game if you decide at the last second you want a different character or pawn.

e: I had the wrong Main Pawn set in the character creator just now, so I Alt+F4'ed out to change it. Reloaded at the last save and then it loaded the one I wanted to play with.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 22, 2024

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Combat hasn’t quite clicked yet as an Archer but I want to give the game a fair shot.

I’m sure the story is going to get interesting as well because it begins with what feels like pretty standard fantasy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

In case anybody needs a fighty guy who is more stoic than chatty. For the most part so far, he's just replied to other pawn's yammering with a polite "good to know" lol.

60NDL40VMNX4

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how you update your pawns loadout in the rift in this one? Is it still resting overnight?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I set my Garfield to calm and gave him a deepy bass voice. He often sounds like Teal'q or someone. Booming in rarely compared to the other two chatterboxes, and it always is practical, if needless statements and I like the clash of vibes.

"oh yippee day i prithee another trinket for mine pockets arisen such joy i love you master"
"oh might i speak a freely master? It's a weird comment on a stranger's sex life."

"IT IS GOOD THAT EACH OF US HAS A DIFFERENT VOCATION. LET US EACH FUNCTION TO THE BEST OF OUR RESPECTIVE ABILITIES."

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
Game is 11/10. Got boatmurdered by a hobgoblin, and turned tail and ran in glorious DD tradition. Pawns sacrificed themselves that I may live. As it should be.

Also I found some nice pants. Fashion Souls is the real game anyway.

(But lol at no FOV slider; i am having to play in short bursts)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wasn't happy with the lookalike pawns I tried to make so when I got to the pawn creator in the full game I just caved and remade my old pawn Aughtburger, hello again old friend :shobon:

impressions after an hour are that the performance when outside of the first encampment is mostly fine even on my i7-8700 (in the encampment it's pretty choppy), but I'm surprised how, I dunno, slow things feel as an archer compared to DD1 strider. there's much more inertia to all your movement and slower animations than DD1, which felt pretty snappy by comparison where it was a lot faster to start and stop aiming.

has anyone else seen weird results searching for pawns? the servers may be overloaded or something, I sometimes get no results searching for pawns (when pawns who meet the criteria are already in the rift) and I could not get a single thief pawn to appear.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Puredark just released a free frame gen enabler for those with a 4000 series Nvidia GPU. Works pretty well so far it seems.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

there's much more inertia to all your movement and slower animations than DD1, which felt pretty snappy by comparison where it was a lot faster to start and stop aiming.

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the movement changes. I'm just playing as a warrior now and my dude is pretty ponderous, though I am carrying like 3 camping kits (where's my carry limit mods already).

The capitol runs at anywhere from 30-50 FPS on a 5950x/4090, but feels worse than that with some random stuttering. Outside of that area, though, it's been running fine.

Fats fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Wiltsghost posted:

Puredark just released a free frame gen enabler for those with a 4000 series Nvidia GPU. Works pretty well so far it seems.

DLSS3 motion information can be used for FSR 3 so there'll probably be a hardware agnostic version out at some point