Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

First the beloved cross of St. George and now Nike are going after the cross of hot buns too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

forkboy84 posted:

J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr fame plays Manchester on the 8th April.

Alas, I shall be up in the air at the time. James Blunt will be there while I'm there though.

TACD posted:

Sod shopping IMO, I’m sure you’ve seen shops before. Take the opportunity to hop on a train and go see the Peak District, a genuinely beautiful part of England that looks like it’s come out of some delightful illustrated postcard

I've actually been around there before; my family is English ex-pat so it's not my first time. I don't know if I'd have time to do another rail journey. It is lovely though.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

but its a great story if you do and the hijinks and stuff and getting home to your family and presenting them with a piece of poo poo 2nd hand violin from the dodgy guy 10 miles from home

Gonna end up playing The Devil Went Down to Georgia on a Stradivarius, just you wait

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If you're around the centre there's the Salford museum with a replica Victorian street in the basement, the art gallery right by the St Peters Square tram stop, Manchester Museum with a live vivarium if you like tiny frogs, and another art gallery just up the road from there.

There's also the Arndale Centre but if you're only going to mooch around one big shopping centre then it's obviously going to be the Trafford Centre.

Noted, thanks!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ChickenDoodle posted:

Gonna end up playing The Devil Went Down to Georgia on a Stradivarius, just you wait

Link the thread to the inevitable tiktok when you do!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Guavanaut posted:

I'd buy Andrew and stick him on my roof like in that Yiddish musical.

Anyone say 'Fiddler on the Roof' yet?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

ChickenDoodle posted:

Popping in again to say thanks once more for the advice about my uncle's violin. I'm going to Manchester for three days next month to settle everything and hand-carry it home as it was indeed the cheaper option.

Now's your chance to tell me I've made a huge mistake what to do in Manchester 2nd week of April :j:

OwlFancier’s recs were good (I’ve not read further if anyone else made any). Evening, just go northern quarter, you can’t really go wrong. Smithfield social does banging Korean chicken and Bundobust is an awesome veggie Indian street food and craft beer place. Museum of science and industry is really good (think they have a poo exhibition on) too. Whitworth Art Gallery too.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Is the purple-ish cross supposed to be woke? Is it gay? Muslim? Are the colours supposed to mean anything at all? I think I'd prefer the boring red but I am also an incredibly boring person, so I can understand where Starmer is coming from.

i think nike are trying to pretend to say those things without actually saying those things,like some performative woke jujitsu where you kind of have to assume they say they care about minorities but not? of course they’re idiots thinking that they can bamboozle bigots by not explicitly stating it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jel Shaker posted:

i think nike are trying to pretend to say those things without actually saying those things,like some performative woke jujitsu where you kind of have to assume they say they care about minorities but not? of course they’re idiots thinking that they can bamboozle bigots by not explicitly stating it

Yeah it's got the same energy as those One Love armbands from the Qatar World Cup

ChickenDoodle posted:

James Blunt will be there while I'm there though.

I'm sorry

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChickenDoodle posted:

Alas, I shall be up in the air at the time. James Blunt will be there while I'm there though.

The actual thing to do in Manchester is go see any gig at The Deaf Institute so you can explain to folk you visited the Deaf Institute to see a band

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Isn't the street where that now famous photo of a man lying in the street with a bottle of beer, and the police arresting someone, and people milling around having a kebab, in Manchester?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dead Goon posted:

Isn't the street where that now famous photo of a man lying in the street with a bottle of beer, and the police arresting someone, and people milling around having a kebab, in Manchester?

Yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Is the purple-ish cross supposed to be woke? Is it gay? Muslim? Are the colours supposed to mean anything at all? I think I'd prefer the boring red but I am also an incredibly boring person, so I can understand where Starmer is coming from.

It apparently references the training kit colours from the 1966 team. Literally trying to be more "patriotic" and these chump fucks are pissing themselves.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dead Goon posted:

Yes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

How little must you have going on in your life to give a poo poo about this? Even if I was being paid to pretend for culture war reasons like so many media ghouls are, I don't think I could even manage to fake it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Woke vegan sosaj! Too wold war! Iris harp! Miwk from ta souf!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh they're putting ticks on them. I think that's cute.

These craven fucks are acting like the hot cross bun was the sacred loving part of the crucifixion of Jesus? Bunch of fake loving Christians the lot of them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
nike are making hot cross buns? I'm angry about something here

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

No no NO! Nike has a swoosh. A swoosh!

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
St Bun didn’t rise from the ashes to get a tick on his glorious bun!

Warburtons giant teacakes are better, don’t @ me

Edit: I thought warburtons do them, who does giant teacakes?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

hot cross buns are weird

hmmm yes let me celebrate my lord by eating a spiced bread with the image of his brutal execution method on top

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

AceClown posted:

hot cross buns are weird

hmmm yes let me celebrate my lord by eating a spiced bread with the image of his brutal execution method on top

That's a Bill Hicks bit. "Do you think that when Jesus comes back, he's ever going to want to see a loving cross?"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hot cross buns are poo poo. Crap teir cake.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

AceClown posted:

hot cross buns are weird

The bread is his body. Now to sup some "victory" wine.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Do the raisins symbolise blood clots?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

keep punching joe posted:

Crap Keir cake

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

That's a Bill Hicks bit. "Do you think that when Jesus comes back, he's ever going to want to see a loving cross?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8qwVjfvms
Were You There When They Made Him Into A Bread?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

keep punching joe posted:

If you're in the "sweet stuff like maple syrup is good with bacon" camp then using a hot cross bun for a bacon roll is pretty great.

Not as good as a morning roll and brown sauce tho obvs.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ChickenDoodle posted:

If James Blunt ever did a gig round our way I think I'd go see, I love the way he takes the P out of himself

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37feqeZ3DW4

"Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers, and then you proceed to just eat the man?"

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

There's a guy in work I sit next to who eats dry, untoasted hot crossed buns out of the packet this time of year every year.

It's loving disturbing and I want no part of it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

There's a guy in work I sit next to who eats dry, untoasted hot crossed buns out of the packet this time of year every year.

It's loving disturbing and I want no part of it.

I do the same, fight me. :colbert:

Decent ones are not dry though.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

if it's not from the Golgothan hills of Jerusalem it's just a sparkling teacake

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Just Another Lurker posted:

I do the same, fight me. :colbert:

Decent ones are not dry though.

We have access to toasters and free butter (no jam though), I cannot understand why you'd willingly do this

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Was I there? I bloody did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvA8NPAl2Dg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Prince of Wales comes over here he's on a big bold hunt
But we come out and call him out for he's a big bald oval office
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJf0hgcJavo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i like james blunt, he seems all-right!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If James Blunt ever did a gig round our way I think I'd go see, I love the way he takes the P out of himself

It's not just trying to attract attention back, either, James Blunt really is like that. Even at the height of his brief popularity he was extremely proud that he'd set a speed record for entering Cockney rhyming slang.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I like Jimmy Spliff too. He's a decent fellow who has always been game for a ribbing. More than you can say for many other singers.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

James Blunt did a pretty good job stopping WW3 during the Balkan Wars. Maybe we should send him in again?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Being fair telling the US to gently caress off is what the genocide teams are doing this time, so dunno if his skill set applies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Should have made hot nought buns. Then they could sell both in one package as a new Good Friday tradition. Whoever wins at noughts and crosses gets all the buns.