Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

bedpan posted:

We still doing vaccine trip reports? Have a recent one from about 45 minutes ago

Had to go to the store/pharmacy today and because I was already going to be there, got an appointment for MMR, flu, and COVID. System didn't stop me at all. Completed all the information under my real name too. Before today I've been vaccinated for COVID I think 6 times spread over the years? Never had a problem whatsoever in getting the pharmacy to stab a needled in my arm. Until today. . .

For whatever reason, the guy who was doing my work was one of the more senior (rank not age) pharmacists. He looks at my reservation and says: "There is no recommendation for MMR, you should have gotten this as a child." I considered for a brief moment or so pushing back and I did say to him "I've been told those expire by the time you get to my age (late 30s)." Reply was no, MMR is for life. I don't press any further and say okay. Next is flu. No trouble with flu. And now for the problematic shot:

You forgot to mention that you're starting a new job working with kids and need the full set of childhood vaccines again. Also, you're going on a trip to Africa and SE Asia to explore the some rural areas and need the full set of travel vaccines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1770910182706442301

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Australian weekly fortnighty report!

Aged care cases + outbreaks dropped a little again but are tailing off really slowly. Still a long way from previous lows

Twitter source

Moving on to the Vic covid surveillance report:

Covid hospitalizations also tailing off slowly

JN.1 subvariants still making up close to 100% of samples. The data in the graph is only up-to-date to the 4th of March

Wastewater samples actually surged this last week. Was it just a small blip or is this the start of a new wave? We won't know until the next update 2 weeks from now

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
europe is nuts, you cant even buy ibuprofen without a pharmacist involved

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

]

Wastewater samples actually surged this last week. Was it just a small blip or is this the start of a new wave? We won't know until the next update 2 weeks from now

Isn't the blip because their surveillance never thought to update their metric to include JN.1 until someone pointed it out?

https://twitter.com/MichaelSFuhrer/status/1770935488683167886

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Woah this is a pretty good deal

https://twitter.com/ghhughes/status/1771038837323506124

But then again it is being sold through Amazon so caveat emptor

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

maxwellhill posted:

hey.... we all have local metrics (how many people we encounter daily who are sympomatic). all of us combined have this data source that is collectively better than anything that is currently being monitored about the pandemic (nothing). maybe we're the new CDC and counting it up is our job

Does that "cum. infections, cum. deaths" site still exist

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://www.newsweek.com/leprosy-cases-rising-florida-1882008

quote:

The number of cases seen in Florida has led experts to fear that the disease is becoming endemic in the state. This essentially means that it has established a consistent presence within a certain population or geographic area, being regularly found at a relatively stable level.

:rubby:

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

:lmao: we closed the Leper colonies too early.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Leprosy is mild compared to necrotizing fasciitis. it's the skin disease you want to get.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

why would you fear endemicity? there's end, right there in the name?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1770846934917378264

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hellequin posted:

They're a goon, or former goon, dunno if they read the thread or still have an account. (We're tumblr mutuals.)

Did everyone see the loving abysmal Freddie De Boer Covid piece in Truth Out? It's bad. Anyway, he's now harassing Long Covid patients who tried to educate them by telling them it's fake it.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1770042999541530983

https://twitter.com/jewstein3000/status/1769423278450319656

Hey, remember when he spread fake rape accusations about Malcolm Harris and tried to ruin his life and then said he'd log off? Why the gently caress did we let him come back.

Does anyone know how to crush someone with your mind?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

NeonPunk posted:

https://x.com/ghhughes/status/1771038842222788782?s=46

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

lol

Fun fact about M. leprae, it degrades the sheathing of your peripheral nerves, but it's ideal temperature for replication is a few degrees cooler than core body temp, so it destroys the nerves in things like fingers, nose, and toes first, hence why those are the first to be lost.

Whee.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Right... that's why I said "But then again it is being sold through Amazon so caveat emptor"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

spiritual bypass posted:

europe is nuts, you cant even buy ibuprofen without a pharmacist involved

To be fair ibuprofen is one of the most destructive drugs in America

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Endemic? Did I hear the magic word? Sounds like we're all good here.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Also when I was going to my doc to get paxlovid for my dad (who should have gotten it according to the government website) I got a big load of ibuprofen instead. At least it was free. :eurovision:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
An oldie but goodie from the early days of 2020

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

NeonPunk posted:

this is an ok price in Canada but not like the US one posted. https://a.co/d/cSCSul3

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t go for less than the 9210s, I need straps that are actually durable and I think the 9210s are supported under 3M’s genuine verification program while the 9205s are not.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

brap posted:

I can’t go for less than the 9210s, I need straps that are actually durable and I think the 9210s are supported under 3M’s genuine verification program while the 9205s are not.

I don't think I've ever seen the 'genuine verification' barcode on a case of 9210's ever.

Yeah according to 3M's safe guard website only the 9210+'s made in Singapore have the security code. No idea why that would be the case.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ahhhh :thumbsup:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Grave miscalculation by Joe Biden that his voter base wants to be reminded that covid ever mattered at all

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Grave miscalculation by Joe Biden that his voter base wants to be reminded that covid ever mattered at all

The Atlantic and its ilk are busily informing the dem base that doing literally anything about covid was a mistake

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
"Donald Trump rushed a so called vaccine for the virus that wasn't even a problem, can you trust him to be President again? BIDEN/HARRIS"

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Almost missed this, yikes. Don't even know what to say about it. Are people with long covid being evaluated as psychiatric basket cases vs victims of a physiological disorder? Is part of long covid brain damage causing actual net-new psychiatric disorders or activating predispositions to them? Both?

I loving hate this.

e:

Shiroc posted:

"Donald Trump rushed a so called vaccine for the virus that wasn't even a problem, can you trust him to be President again? BIDEN/HARRIS"

mainstreaming anti-vax poo poo is a pivot the dems could make that wouldnt be immediately poo poo-canned by their donors that would probably increase their electoral chances so look forward to that happening bigly at some point in the near future

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Trump Lockdowns of 2020--

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Oldest Man posted:

Almost missed this, yikes. Don't even know what to say about it. Are people with long covid being evaluated as psychiatric basket cases vs victims of a physiological disorder? Is part of long covid brain damage causing actual net-new psychiatric disorders or activating predispositions to them? Both?

I loving hate this.

e:

mainstreaming anti-vax poo poo is a pivot the dems could make that wouldnt be immediately poo poo-canned by their donors that would probably increase their electoral chances so look forward to that happening bigly at some point in the near future

My guess is there's some combination. There have been studies comparing covid to having a TBI in severe cases and TBIs frequently cause long term psychiatric issues. Then you probably have doctors dx'ing people with anxiety disorders for wearing masks bc they dont want to get it again.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

NeonPunk posted:

I picked this up, should have it on the 1st if anyone wants me to post pictures of the product I received. idk if the deal will still be up then though.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The Oldest Man posted:

e:

"How many of you know someone who got sick even though they took the Trump vaccine? I'm sure you do, including maybe got sick yourselves! But since you're here with me today you know that the virus was always mild! Why did Trump close down our businesses? Our schools? Joe Biden got this country back on track!"

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Teenage Riot posted:

Does that "cum. infections, cum. deaths" site still exist

yeah we should count those, that's what they're called, cum infections. site??

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

read this right as i swallowed one, is there something i should know

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
I'd known about the cardio risks from ibuprofen but I'd love to know more too.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

maxwellhill posted:

I got ibuprofen and acetaminophen confused, acetaminophen is incredibly bad for your liver and it probably wouldn't get approved for OTC use today

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
that one study says acetaminophen increases odds of autism in the unborn so net positive tho

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Pooky posted:

I picked this up, should have it on the 1st if anyone wants me to post pictures of the product I received. idk if the deal will still be up then though.

FYI to thread, if this box of exactly 440 Auras is like the one I got off Amazon last year, each of them is individually sealed in a little airtight bubble, so the shelf life on them is pretty good.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

maxwellhill posted:

xpost stolen from biosphere thread so no one here misses it

reveal yourself, covid thread poster Arthur Koestler of 1944
thank you

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

More people are saying "lmao" - but the reason may shock you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

maxwellhill posted:

yeah we should count those, that's what they're called, cum infections. site??

it’s bad for your stomach and esophagus (i think most nsaids are) but most people are fine with occasional use and if taken with food.