Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Paracausal posted:

Is there a communal pawn code spreadsheet?

No idea! I don't have the game yet myself. If somebody wants to make one that'd be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I'm so glad I have an archer pawn when I'm fighting harpies. They just fall out of the sky and you can pounce on them

Mine has the Calm inclination since that made the most sense to me for a ranged combatant, but I don't know what the meta inclination for an archer would actually be

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I extremely dislike that even if I save before a fight, dying and reloading from last save results in damage to max health. That really discourages me from pressing into areas or trying tough fights again which is something I enjoyed in the original.

I actually love this design. It lets you try stuff as much as you want, but the punishment for making mistakes is that each future mistake gets more punishing until you rest.

Game rules so far. Totally feels like the game Itsuno always wanted to make, there's no compromise of the Dragon's Dogma-ness of it, but it's also mostly more polished.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

...! posted:

PS5 goons need to make pawns for me to hire goddammit :mad:

Thundarr posted:

In case anybody needs a fighty guy who is more stoic than chatty. For the most part so far, he's just replied to other pawn's yammering with a polite "good to know" lol.

60NDL40VMNX4

I forgot to note that I'm on PSN. My guy is only level 3 or 4 right now (depending on what exactly updates a pawn on the network) so night not be much help right now if you're several hours in.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Sioux posted:

My birthday is today and I didn't get it from my wife. I'll hold out for my parents tomorrow, but otherwise I will get it on Sunday probably. Sounds like it's more of the same as DD1 with improvements (like better pawn actions and character customization) and that's exactly what I wanted from this game.

Happy birthday! May you be slaying goblins and throwing pawns soon.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Anyone tried the DLSS3/FG enabler mod?
Some report great success, others less so. That's usually the way with these, especially the early versions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/39

-edit-
The devs have confirmed that they're going to implement frame gen at some point. In fact, this since this mod is titles an enabler, I guess it is maybe just enabling the (buggy unfinished) stuff that's already in there.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 22, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Camping Supplies are reusable btw. I saw someone mention carrying 3 around and you absolutely should not.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Penny the archer returns, a bit simple though

game owns

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I refunded it on PC because it was killing my laptop. Hope it’s better on PS5!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I am copying this over on to my Steam Deck atm, mainly to see how hot it makes it

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I've made a terrible mistake making my pawn. Gave her a high-pitched voice and she comes out sounding like a Cockney squirrel. What's the damage? I assume you can change voice pitch with the 500 RC metamorphosis item, yeah? If not then maybe the 2000 RC inclination change item? Also, there's a whole lot of min. sized anime girl pawns in the rift, so she she could stand to be a little taller to stand out anyway. Point is... I'm gonna need a lot of rift crystals.

Have a care, contribute to the C. Harlow emergency RC fund and hire out this squeak-mouse: R9ICHTEQDPX7 (steam)

edit: oh, and I forgot, Ciocie also needs a pair of those bomb-rear end awesome pince nez glasses from the rift crystal merchant. As you can see, her need is great.

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 22, 2024

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shoehead posted:

I am copying this over on to my Steam Deck atm, mainly to see how hot it makes it

It doesn't run on steam deck right now

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Instead of deleting the win 64 save file I did the ol trick of renaming it win 64 save_test. Was able to create a fresh game (after disabling cloud saving in the game’s steam properties), in a few hours I’ll see if it can actually swap back and forth.

Had to make a new save because I tried to make my guy look like Odo but he wound up looking like if Rene Auberjonois had a second cousin, who had a wasting disease and was constantly covered in butter. Had a really unsettling smirk. Couldn’t take looking at it and didn’t want to wait to get a make-over kit.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
The performance is loving weird. I haven't made it to the capital yet, but I'll be running at a solid 80fps then whenever I sleep I'm down to 45 for an undetermined amount of time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harlock posted:

It doesn't run on steam deck right now

Oh it runs on the Deck. Runs like absolute garbage but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_v46XqKkU

This is RE Engine, right? I'm curious how they're having so many performance issues with it this has otherwise been a fantastic engine on other games.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oh nice after playing pretty well last night it's now compiling shaders for 10 mins every time I launch the game then hard crashing my computer at the title screen

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Joink posted:

+1% cold res leggings

Glad to see the silk lingerie is back, and they give it to you early. Not sure why they called it "ranger tights" though. I tossed them onto my pawn and well

:nws:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is RE Engine, right? I'm curious how they're having so many performance issues with it this has otherwise been a fantastic engine on other games.

Weird, I read that the DRM was giving Linux issues

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you wanna throw up your pawns on a spreadsheet here's one I just made, lemme know if anyone has any suggestions for columns

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it's really cpu intensive, especially in cities, seemingly because of the complex npc ai

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ImpAtom posted:

Camping Supplies are reusable btw. I saw someone mention carrying 3 around and you absolutely should not.

:stare:

Well... alright then!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harlock posted:

Weird, I read that the DRM was giving Linux issues

poo poo like this is generally a proton incompatibility and addressed pretty quick on the Deck side of things. Even faster if you're running ge-proton or more advanced layers than Steam's default (and safer/stable) offerings.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Leal posted:

Glad to see the silk lingerie is back, and they give it to you early. Not sure why they called it "ranger tights" though. I tossed them onto my pawn and well

Does it actually have good stats

I want that thirst RC but not at the cost of min-maxing

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yesss this is how bad I was expecting, well that will save me some bandwidth

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how to delete saves and start over? My wife wants to make a change to her character

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Deified Data posted:

Anyone know how to delete saves and start over? My wife wants to make a change to her character

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3195345797
here you go, I had to do this this morning when I accidentally made my character 5 foot 1

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't gotten to the big city yet but I haven't noticed anything on my 2021 3080 rig. I'll have to see once we get to the other place.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Shoehead posted:

here you go, I had to do this this morning when I accidentally made my character 5 foot 1
I've seen some people saying doing this can get you soft banned from the servers (i.e. no online pawn access), but that sounds like bullshit since not everyone even uses cloud saves and it would be really boneheaded to ban someone for installing the game on a fresh console / PC and starting a new game. Still just something to be aware of though, even if it's just rumourmongering.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: there's already an add the FF7 Buster Sword mod for this.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know why those reviews bombing this on steam for the dlc care. The other dragon's dogma had a ton of that crap too. And also you can just use WEMOD to cheat that poo poo anyway.

https://www.wemod.com/cheats/dragons-dogma-2-trainers

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

Thanks, do you know if this deletes your character creator data?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shoehead posted:

If you wanna throw up your pawns on a spreadsheet here's one I just made, lemme know if anyone has any suggestions for columns

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing

:tipshat: I made 'Steam' under Platform a hyperlink to my Steam profile, because I think we're going to want to start adding each other once we get past level 10, for those free pawn hires.

I also think the previous one of these had something like a Remarks column where you could put general remarks or notes about your pawn, but maybe that would clutter things up too much.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: there's already an add the FF7 Buster Sword mod for this.

I'm sorry... what's so funny about that? the Buster Sword is an elegant and powerful blade.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shard posted:

I don't know why those reviews bombing this on steam for the dlc care. The other dragon's dogma had a ton of that crap too. And also you can just use WEMOD to cheat that poo poo anyway.

There's also already a mod that adds the Metamorphosis item to one of the first merchants you run into.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Deified Data posted:

Thanks, do you know if this deletes your character creator data?
People in the comments say it does, so back it up

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Also is it taking like 5-10 minutes to compile shaders every time you open the game for anyone else? Game performs great otherwise.

Harlock posted:

People in the comments say it does, so back it up

Do you happen to know what the character creator saves are called?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I didn't get to the capitol last night but I was able to achieve a stable framerate in the first town on an i9-9900kf and an Intel Arc A770 LE set to pretty much as high as it would go. I ended up turning off all the dynamic resolution stuff because the world would pop in and out when I looked side to side, but it seems to be somewhere in the "30 or above" range where things look smooth but not super fluid. I'd suspect that by the first or second patch they'll have this ironed pretty well out.

I did notice that, graphically at least, it seems like the settings cap out a little lower than other RE: Engine games. Max-quality textures implies 3GB of usage rather than 6GB like most of the Residents Evil have.

I do wish there was an option to enforce button prompts as either keyboard or gamepad. My mouse started registering inputs and my buttons started flipping between the two until i went and physically moved it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shard posted:

I haven't gotten to the big city yet but I haven't noticed anything on my 2021 3080 rig. I'll have to see once we get to the other place.

Yeah even my 7600 CPU hasn't been stretched that much up through the first hour and I've cranked all the graphics up to max. I've seen a couple of drops to 55fps or so but I wouldn't have noticed unless I had the counter up. God bless VRR monitors.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 22, 2024

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I can't get the VRAM usage listed in the settings menu to be anything other than red and over the limit. I have an 8GB card (3070 Ti) but due to something about how Windows allocates the VRAM, the game can only see like 5.7GB of it and the minimum I can achieve through the game settings is like 6.2GB. It doesn't seem to have the massive impact that running out of VRAM normally has, but sometimes when I come out of the menu it runs at like 1 fps for a few seconds, or until I Alt-Tab or reopen the menu. It's not enough to ruin the experience but it is a bit annoying. Hopefully they can address some of this stuff with patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shard posted:

it’s still poo poo practice and I hope it continues to be bad PR as many times as it’s tried