Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol @ boomba club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i cant believe the chinese are taking away jobs from the Hanks family

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

which one of tom hanks kids is this?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i expect his concerts were cancelled because the novelty wore off and he's not actually a very good musician.

a few years ago my buddy who is a comedian did an opening spot for Creed Bratton (Creed from the office).

after he did his 10 minutes, CB took the stage and did a little banter and then just did a straight 45 minute acoustic set in complete earnest.

the crowd thinned significantly.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Hatebag posted:

lol @ boomba club

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

a few years ago my buddy who is a comedian did an opening spot for Creed Bratton (Creed from the office).

after he did his 10 minutes, CB took the stage and did a little banter and then just did a straight 45 minute acoustic set in complete earnest.

the crowd thinned significantly.

I think there was a similar incident with Steve Martin where he gave an earnest lecture on art history and people walked out because he wasn't telling any jokes.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

tokin opposition posted:

Actually all the zoomers post on a Walmart review section for a discontinued can of corn, we call it cornchat and if you don't know the right slang we mock you endlessly

Tell us how to navigate this maize

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wanna see the statue in yemen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the turkmenistan one is good

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

I think there was a similar incident with Steve Martin where he gave an earnest lecture on art history and people walked out because he wasn't telling any jokes.

Isn't that just the Andy Kaufman bit where he reads the great gatsby or whatever but in earnest?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Isn't that just the Andy Kaufman bit where he reads the great gatsby or whatever but in earnest?

but with Kaufman the set up was that you were going to see Comedian Andy Kaufman, whereas I believe Steve Martin was saying "I am going to give a lecture on Art History, so don't come to this expecting to see me do my standup"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He also plays the Banjo still sometimes, I'm pretty sure he did a set at Bonnaroo once

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There was a giant silver bust of lenin on the streets of LA when I lived there, maybe you need a full body to count as statue

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

He also plays the Banjo still sometimes, I'm pretty sure he did a set at Bonnaroo once

jealous

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Hatebag posted:

lol @ boomba club

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Chard posted:

There was a giant silver bust of lenin on the streets of LA when I lived there, maybe you need a full body to count as statue

there's a 16-ft tall lenin statue in seattle

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

technically any statue that is larger than life-size is a "Colossus"

learned this from jeopardy the other night

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's not a correction so much as just letting you know since it's objectively cooler to say "have you seen The Colossus of Lenin?"

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

is pepsi ok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsN40iv5nzg

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

that's not a correction so much as just letting you know since it's objectively cooler to say "have you seen The Colossus of Lenin?"

constructing the colossus of lenin gets you communism early which can really be a boon for productivity in ancient times but you don't really get the benefit of communal corruption unless you already have a ton of cities

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Hatebag posted:

you can get a pretty deece grinder or kofta kebab there too

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Sharps posted:

you can get a pretty deece grinder or kofta kebab there too

I'll have to ask the statue very nicely next time I'm in Fremont

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Hatebag posted:

And the wealthy boomers occasionally demand the local government remove it. And they can't because it's private property.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

the turkmenistan one is good

beautiful

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

And the wealthy boomers occasionally demand the local government remove it. And they can't because it's private property.

Remember when the local paper hired a new columnist whose first piece was about that statue and then he got run out of town?

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1770194112924230003

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

One More Fat Nerd posted:

https://x.com/tracewoodgrains/status/1769983120353239339?s=20

He also brings up the whole "actual, extant trad women are totally uninterested in trad fetishist men" dynamic, almost certainly as a way to humblebrag about his own sexual exploits.
no, not like that!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Going around crushing fastfood branches in combat

But I cannot yet defeat the crispy fried fist of the popeyes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/Lupe_Od/status/1770727001931882638

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
it's a good thing Steve Martin is funny because he seems absolutely insufferable otherwise

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao even if you’re like me and you give no shits about Minecraft this is worth a watch

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Remember when the local paper hired a new columnist whose first piece was about that statue and then he got run out of town?

Remember when he immediately after got fired for defending Hitler

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I remember neither.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Remember when he immediately after got fired for defending Hitler

lol I had forgotten bit

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

I remember neither.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

but with Kaufman the set up was that you were going to see Comedian Andy Kaufman, whereas I believe Steve Martin was saying "I am going to give a lecture on Art History, so don't come to this expecting to see me do my standup"

yeah he own an art gallery in new orleans on julia street (where a buncha art galleries are)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

there's a fuckin giant statue of Lenin in Seattle so...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wouldn't malign the author on this, they are depicting the world for what it really is

im calling senator sanders office on Monday to urge him to propose this as legislation to Congress