Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well the circle means correct in Japanese so it's really another kind of tick, if you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tesseraction posted:

Well the circle means correct in Japanese so it's really another kind of tick, if you think about it.
Suddenly Japanese PlayStation games using Circle as the 'okay' button instead of X makes sense. :aaa:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Small Strange Bird posted:

Suddenly Japanese PlayStation games using Circle as the 'okay' button instead of X makes sense. :aaa:

And not because it's an O for "okay"?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

When has X ever meant OK? Except in voting I suppose, but nothing's OK there

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yup! That was the confusion a lot of us had back in the day playing FF7!

Failed Imagineer posted:

When has X ever meant OK? Except in voting I suppose, but nothing's OK there

Most people instinctively went to X as "X marks the spot" and also it was the closest button so the first our thumb reaches.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Yup! That was the confusion a lot of us had back in the day playing FF7!

Most people instinctively went to X as "X marks the spot" and also it was the closest button so the first our thumb reaches.

Has been standardised as to whether X or O is the standard "accept" button yet or is it still Japan games O, Western games X?

Sounds like something the EU should look into if it hasn't been sorted out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

Has been standardised as to whether X or O is the standard "accept" button yet or is it still Japan games O, Western games X?

Sounds like something the EU should look into if it hasn't been sorted out.

Generally I've found that Japanese games offer both configs depending on which language you pick.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Also seems the Iceland buns thing was a troll announcement https://twitter.com/icelandrichard/status/1771074730906280085

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
My mum (86 yo ardent church goer green/tory voter) came out with something when we met for coffee this morning "Jesus was the first member of hamas".
Verily, I say unto you, the worm is surely turning!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The England shirts thing is "fun" because the FA don't want to say it's meant to evoke the pride flag without being explicit and the fash don't want to say they're objecting to it looking a bit like the pride flag explicitly.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Also seems the Iceland buns thing was a troll announcement https://twitter.com/icelandrichard/status/1771074730906280085
Best thing about it was Anderson complaining about 'virtual signaling,' stupid oval office doesn't even understand the nonsense he's braying. Unless he thinks the tick is a shibboleth for our digital replicas in the woke matrix to trigger the grate replasemint.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine being a politician and being asked by a journalist for your opinion on the flag on the England shirt, and not replying along the lines of "I do not give a gently caress, this country is in a mess right now"

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
What kind of idiot would actually want to try and fix the country's problems? Can you imagine how much hard work that will be?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My mum (86 yo ardent church goer green/tory voter) came out with something when we met for coffee this morning "Jesus was the first member of hamas".
Verily, I say unto you, the worm is surely turning!

I would love to boil the piss of the entire world by recording a beautiful Judee Sill/Hollies cover reworded to "Jesus Was a Hamas-Member"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFkjfDocLo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
meanwhile Germany continues being aggressively oblivious by considering "from the river to the sea" as criminal hate speech on the level of sieg heiling with a nazi salute

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

suck my woke dick posted:

meanwhile Germany continues being aggressively oblivious by considering "from the river to the sea" as criminal hate speech on the level of sieg heiling with a nazi salute

Isn't Germany currently only one bad election away from having a Neo-Nazi leading party?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

keep punching joe posted:

Imagine being a politician and being asked by a journalist for your opinion on the flag on the England shirt, and not replying along the lines of "I do not give a gently caress, this country is in a mess right now"

Even just pivoting to the lads - don't distract from supporting the team doing well against Brazil etc etc - would be better. But nope, just got to go head-first into the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

PriorMarcus posted:

Isn't Germany currently only one bad election away from having a Neo-Nazi leading party?

Like every country in Europe, yes. (us included)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

yes.

but the AfD is the party of lepen if she were an upper middle class german dude in his early 60s, and will continue to support Israel and oppose poorly-defined antisemitism nominally. 1) as long as the Jews stay in Israel they're not polluting the fatherland. 2) as long as the AfD support Israel they can say that proves they're not Nazis 3) it's an excuse to kill some brown people

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

Like every country in Europe, yes. (us included)

We're not one election away from it.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Jedit posted:

Like his idol Churchill, Boris’s destiny was always to save Britain from fascism.

The Tory unpopularity he created will probably only last 1 electoral cycle, but that is longer than the ‘Britain stands alone’ phase of WWII.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jedit posted:

Saving this post for when we're marched into the labour (ha) camps under the watchful, prosecuting eyes of his high forensicness SSir Kitler "Hitler" Sturmer

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
People died for that flag thousands of years ago

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Saving this post for when we're marched into the labour (ha) camps under the watchful, prosecuting eyes of his high forensicness SSir Kitler "Hitler" Sturmer

He means we're already there :ssh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

He means we're already there :ssh:

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to understand.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

yes.

but the AfD is the party of lepen if she were an upper middle class german dude in his early 60s, and will continue to support Israel and oppose poorly-defined antisemitism nominally. 1) as long as the Jews stay in Israel they're not polluting the fatherland. 2) as long as the AfD support Israel they can say that proves they're not Nazis 3) it's an excuse to kill some brown people

Surely you are aware that Eichmann visited Jerusalem before the famous trial? It's not uncommon for the Herrenvolk to support Zionism, the German spirit is if anything fluid and inflexible at the same time

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m sure all the flag-botherers very upset about the cross will be able to tell us the exact shade of red it should be, then? Tell me the Pantone colour code without looking it up, fucker!

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

People died for that flag thousands of years ago

Seems a bit silly dying for a bit of cloth.

I care more about the eye watering cost of a T-Shirt likely to get you banned from places because they think you might glass someone than a little part of it which isn’t part of the main logo in three lions anyway.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
https://news.sky.com/story/un-rejects-us-resolution-calling-for-immediate-ceasefire-in-gaza-13099718

So Russia and China just Vetoed the ceasefire bill that was proposed to the UN.

They're literally destabilising the west legally at this point and it's obvious to anyone. Have we fallen into the loving twilight zone or something?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
One of our presumably less woke footmen has solved the issue anyway

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

I’m sure all the flag-botherers very upset about the cross will be able to tell us the exact shade of red it should be, then? Tell me the Pantone colour code without looking it up, fucker!

It's the precise colour of the scalp of a 62 yo retired Brexiteer with statin-resistant high blood pressure after 3 days on the beach in Fuerteventura

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If James Blunt ever did a gig round our way I think I'd go see, I love the way he takes the P out of himself

No Bravery is legit one of the best anti-war songs I've heard, huge respect for him.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/un-rejects-us-resolution-calling-for-immediate-ceasefire-in-gaza-13099718

They're literally destabilising the west legally at this point and it's obvious to anyone. Have we fallen into the loving twilight zone or something?

like this is the whole point of the UN. big power with nukes says no, thing doesn't happen, nobody starts ww3 over it that afternoon.

beyond that, of course Russia and China will poo poo on any half assed western attempt at foreign policy. one of them is in a shooting war (as of today, officially not a 3 day special military operation anymore :toot:) and the other in a trade war with us, no matter how poorly they get along with each other they both have incentive to do the exact same thing.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

quote:

Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the US ambassador to the UN, said the resolution's failure was "really outrageous and below the dignity of the UN Security Council"

lol lmao

I haven't read this resolution, but if the US proposed it I assume it's not a ceasefire bill, but a way to send Israel more weapons or something.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Miftan posted:

lol lmao

I haven't read this resolution, but if the US proposed it I assume it's not a ceasefire bill, but a way to send Israel more weapons or something.

I get the impression the resolution was Biden dialling up the heat on Israel from "it'd be cool if you could stop i'd really appreciate it" to "I'm slightly annoyed but not enough to do anything substantial about it"

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

They're literally destabilising the west legally at this point

Not sure you understand what the UN is for.

The American vetoes of previous ceasefire resolutions (which would have otherwise passed) were certainly destabilizing for the crisis, did you report those to the hall monitor?

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

No Bravery is legit one of the best anti-war songs I've heard, huge respect for him.

I only knew him from the tedious You're Beautiful, but just checked out No Bravery. Excellent song, thanks for that

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

I get the impression the resolution was Biden dialling up the heat on Israel from "it'd be cool if you could stop i'd really appreciate it" to "I'm slightly annoyed but not enough to do anything substantial about it"

I do think that's exactly what it is in all honesty. But it's loving insane to me that we have so many ongoing conflicts right now, I've not compared numbers or anything but my simple monkey brain things seem to be significantly escalating on the global stage over the last few years and I'm fully expecting to see a global conflict in our lifetime if things keep on at this rate. Maybe I've just been really ignorant in the past too and it's always been this bad.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

DynamicSloth posted:

Not sure you understand what the UN is for.

The American vetoes of previous ceasefire resolutions (which would have otherwise passed) were certainly destabilizing for the crisis, did you report those to the hall monitor?

I certainly didn't agree with that at all, same as I don't agree with the Labour stance on the situation and I genuinely do not understand why people think that what is happening is ok.... Am I in the wrong for not understanding why it's ok for the current situation to happen? Both Gaza and Ukraine shouldn't be happening. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

killerwhat posted:

I only knew him from the tedious You're Beautiful, but just checked out No Bravery. Excellent song, thanks for that

In his defence, he's loving sick of it too. Dude expected it to be a foot in the door not his inevitable epitaph.