Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m at a good place right now where all my pawn helms look like I’m dressing my cat up in little knight outfits, I’ll be very sad when I get the face-covering helmets for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Owl Inspector posted:

Yeah this is super weird honestly

It's not that weird. You put on a piece of armor to get the benefits of it, then it exists in reality. The weird thing is games that let you wear super massive demon armor but also your 1000 year old dragon girl main character shows they're wearing lingerie

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

Some brain genius who is definitely not the most spoiled gamer of all time wrote a Steam review complaining about how he “only“ gets 50-60 fps in cities.

So yeah, lotta assholes out there.

Although I’m still kind of glad the game is getting review bombed for MTX even if I don’t really care about them and understand they really don’t impact the games very much. Hopefully it just makes the industry second guess adding this kind of nonsense to games cause it really does make them worse.

It won’t because:

1.) people buy them and just don’t say anything - that includes some of the same dickheads railing about it.

2.) the execs making these decisions are completely disconnected from any sensible metrics of performance or sentiment

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Using the Golden Trove Beetle does not seem to affect the carry weight of your main pawn, anyone else noticing this? According to the description it should (or 'can') apply to them as well.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
if you haven't done it yet you absoutely owe it to yourself to grill some meat at a campsite. what the gently caress lmao

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Riftstone of the Noontide

"Find female pawns of large stature."

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Impermanent posted:

if you haven't done it yet you absoutely owe it to yourself to grill some meat at a campsite. what the gently caress lmao

I am 100% aware that they used actual footage of actual meat being cooked, but it is so well integrated and looks so good that not only do I not care, I think if they would’ve gone with an in-game rendered equivalent, it would have looked worse. It was a great decision.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 22, 2024

acksplode
May 17, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

I am 100% aware that they used actual footage of actual meat being cooked, but it is so well integrated and looks so good that not only do I not care, but I think that using the in-game rendered equivalent would look actively worse. It was a great decision.

Between Remedy games and the newer Final Fantasies and now this, FMV is making a comeback and I'm on board with it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Riftstone of the Noontide

"Find female pawns of large stature."

Ah the Resident Evil 8 riftstone

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Impermanent posted:

They had an interview pre-release where they talked about this - their reasoning being "we could spend thousands of dollars on fancy rendering tech to make it look as realistic as possible, or we could spend that same amount of money on some really good steaks that we get to eat when we're finished"

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Digital Foundry put out a video

https://youtu.be/HtGpp1v8c_k?si=_Gizwb-Lzfwc0XMl

Might help some people with graphics stuff

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Play posted:

It's not that weird. You put on a piece of armor to get the benefits of it, then it exists in reality. The weird thing is games that let you wear super massive demon armor but also your 1000 year old dragon girl main character shows they're wearing lingerie

Thank you for expressing your point in the least normal way possible

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The quest marker is directing me to this dragon with 7 health bars, that can't be right, I'm supposed to just get to the city

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

9 hours played so far, DD2 is significantly superior to DD1 in every single way. And just so I am clear; DD1 is great! It is one of my favorite RPGs, but this takes all of that to the next level. Nothing but overwhelming praise for this game. DD2 is a dream come true open world RPG for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

The quest marker is directing me to this dragon with 7 health bars, that can't be right, I'm supposed to just get to the city

Go the other direction, long way around. I know where you are, I ran into that dragon too, he is not friend and is kinda grumpy.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I love fistbumping my pawns after a battle. The mage gameplay is a bit clunky but it's growing on me.
I keep getting slowdowns both in and outside cities, but looking at my resource usage neither my ryzen 9 3900x nor my rtx3090 goes past like 75% load while the game's chugging, so I feel like there's just something fucky with it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well then:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...e1c98ee832f6fb&

I left his dumb rear end there and just picked up another pawn on the way. I did not realise at the time that he was carrying the greatsword that I'd found in the mine, which turned out to be necessary for a quest a bit later on. The same quest also points me towards that exact place to find one, leading me to believe I just lost the one it was expecting me to find. Now I gotta find another one... somewhere. :doh:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Well then:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...e1c98ee832f6fb&

I left his dumb rear end there and just picked up another pawn on the way. I did not realise at the time that he was carrying the greatsword that I'd found in the mine, which turned out to be necessary for a quest a bit later on. The same quest also points me towards that exact place to find one, leading me to believe I just lost the one it was expecting me to find. Now I gotta find another one... somewhere. :doh:

If they died and returned to the rift the stuff they were carrying for you should be in your storage at any inn.

Should.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
should i get this on PC or PS5?

PC I'm rolling with:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 6600
32GB of RAM

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Lord Packinham posted:

Digital Foundry put out a video

https://youtu.be/HtGpp1v8c_k?si=_Gizwb-Lzfwc0XMl

Might help some people with graphics stuff

Not by much, he straight up says "I would say the game currently does not have optimized settings that can be made for it", i.e. the underlying CPU usage problem in cities happens on all combinations of settings.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How do you enable augments from other classes in this?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Holy poo poo these lizards are tough

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Huh I came home after work and now all I'm doing is bluescreening and getting CTDs, I wonder if updating my drivers did it?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Deified Data posted:

How do you enable augments from other classes in this?

Should just be listed on the augments screen all ready bought, at least they were when I swapped to archer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Holy poo poo these lizards are tough

Remember, just like the first game, they're a lot weaker if you can cut off their tails.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bussamove posted:

If they died and returned to the rift the stuff they were carrying for you should be in your storage at any inn.

Should.

Oh, so it did, lucky me. Thanks!

Also:
https://i.imgur.com/yxl27pu.mp4

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Phlegmish posted:

Remember, just like the first game, they're a lot weaker if you can cut off their tails.

Too bad im a stupid archer and they can jump across the map and 2 shot me :(

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I would like to stop high-fiving my pawns and having them call me gay

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

should i get this on PC or PS5?

PC I'm rolling with:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 6600
32GB of RAM

I dunno about the Radeon 6600, but I have a 5800x ryzen and it's fine. slows in the cities but otherwise fine.

the Graphics card is probably fine since the bottleneck is the CPU.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

having so much fun in this i've been exploring so much i haven't made it to the capital yet. on the main quest to go there with the plot npcs i went on a detour instead to waterfall cave or whatever it's called that wraps around and exits where you started. got in a massive fight with a wight that killed the plot npcs (which auto-completed the quest... somehow) but i got some great upgrades in there. a mountain's secret was also fun and finding oozes to fight which seem to be more prevalent

game has been really smooth when playing and it's exactly what i wanted for a new dragons' dogma game

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
are there any loadouts folks particularly like for mages?

they seem like they always have their healing utility, and the aoe haste feels great to me (I'm maining archer + been pulling in another archer so we spam machine gun arrows and liquidate enemies with it haha, my first battle with a gryphon I just ended up feeling bad for it...), but are there any other standout spells or doodads?

been generally going with haste + fire buff + upgraded frigor + upgraded lightning and the coverage seems to be nice, but man attacker pawns are so much easier to setup haha

also I was worried about stamina (i made the largest man possible), but I just stand next to ralsei and they'll immediately hug me up if I'm exhausted. some incredible power of friendship goin' down

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 22, 2024

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

What kind of hardware do you have?

Mostly new everything except for my CPU, it's an i5 6600k (overclocked to 4.2ghz). I've been meaning to upgrade my CPU anyways so I guess I'll save up and go deal-hunting.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Well I got like 6 hours in last night. Now I work 12 hour night shifts all weekend and can't play any more.

I am sad.

Game rules. It's DD2. It's exactly what I wanted.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Goblin threw a rock at a boulder which caused it to come crashing down on a pawn

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
An elemental buff is good, because it lets Fighters do some cool shield things and gives everyone more damage. The main thing is to buy the spell speed up ability, because that lets you really loving hammer out the attack spells fast. I myself am rocking upgraded fire and lightning, the big light ball attack, and the fire buff. I might switch it up, but I'm not sticking with this long term so it doesn't really matter. The light ball gives me a light attack and also actual, you know, light in caves and night. It's super useful.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Feeling bad for this soldier who needs me to carry him around. Whenever I go off an edge with more than a 3 inch drop I drop him and blood splatters everywhere

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Gather round, gather round!
Treat yer ears to a tale by a
maywster storyteller!

Zodack fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 22, 2024

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm super glad its really easy to unlock Warrior and Sorcerer because I still have no idea where to get Magick Archer/Mystic Spearhand/Warfarer/Trickster and I'm level 22.

Sorcerer is rad as hell though I'm definitely feeling the spell slot pinch a bit. I want to use so many spells. gently caress Seism is actually incredible now since it has tracking and does pure physical damage which is the craziest poo poo in the world.

I do miss Brontide and Glicel though, hopefully I just haven't leveled the vocation high enough to unlock them yet.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Malaria posted:

Game rules. It's DD2. It's exactly what I wanted.

This is a far better thread title imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also Manticores got a real glow up and are a tremendous pain in the rear end at low levels here. Killing the goat has been kind of a crapshoot and if you let it live it absolutely shits out all kinds of nasty spells that your pawns will happily sit in the AoE of which can lead to a vicious cycle of reviving them so they can get one-shot and scarfing down every apple as you're at min-HP trying to just get the stupid thing to die.

Very happy when I took the 2 down I have but I think I'm skipping them for a bit until I feel stronger.