Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Leola Root Beer - it tastes like poo poo. Better than Barq's

Personally I like to end my shift maintaining the warp core with a chilled flaming Dr. Phlox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hollismason posted:

I just feel like Sisko would have kept his word about drinking bloodwine on Cardassia. Like he'd probably say " I don't like it" but he'd still drink.

"I can live with it."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

galagazombie posted:

Bloodwine is probably made by fermenting the crazy rear end blood of some crazy rear end space monster. It’s not considered “legitimate” Bloodwine unless the guy who brews it hunted down and slayed the beast himself. Trying to farm the space monster instead of hunting it is considered to be without honor, and trying to pass off such illegitimate Bloodwine to guests will result in several vendettas.

It's just Klingons, they name all their poo poo like that to sound tough.

Bloodwine is just fermented from Blood berries. Also, it's not Bloodwine unless it comes from the blood region of BloodFrance. Otherwise it's just crimson juice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if bloodwine gets them drunk and there's plenty of it, who gives a poo poo about authenticity?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Would have loved an episode where Worf goes to Klingonia and meets a bunch of ordinary Klingons who don't give a poo poo about all that honour crap.

Like, he meets a greengrocer who tells him normal Klingons think the military types are loving idiots and laugh at them.

There's a popular TV show that's just a Curb Your Enthusiasm but with the honour obsessed main character getting into ever more ridiculous situations and it ends with his wife turning to the camera and going, "Oh, not again!" as she drags him away from trying to stab some random bloke he thinks insulted his honour.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bloodwine comes in kegs and, rarely, in vintaged bottles. A keg is usually enough for a small get together or celebration, but multiple kegs get tapped in the big ones. A bottle will be shared with a person or two, but crushing multiple bottles by yourself gets you hammered. In a drinking contest going mug for mug, it takes about 5 or 6 liters for an expert contestant to tap out and puke.

My theory is that it is the exact same intoxicating potential as non-blood wine (around 15% ABV, give or take non-ethanol substances); it's very sweet AND smoky like scotch per the massive hangovers; it gets slightly stronger with age; and also eating a good high-protein meal with it (like gagh) is recommended.

Kanar is just fernet refermented with varying amounts of Karo dark corn syrup

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah, Quark, I heard you got some of that......

(Romulan Ale...)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I bet Quark can get you that good Four Loko and original Surge.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Quark gets in a batch of illegal McDonald's szechuan sauce, and Odo's security team has to break up a bar brawl between humans obsessed with early 21st century consumer culture.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Quark gets in a batch of illegal McDonald's szechuan sauce, and Odo's security team has to break up a bar brawl between humans obsessed with early 21st century consumer culture.

*Tom Paris shows up.... for some reason

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Worf (to Jadzia): I do not understand this "Pickle Rick." He is without honor

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

davidspackage posted:

It was just repackaged yamok sauce the whole.time

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That would so be me.

1.) Get big paycheck from new job.
2.) Spend pay on thing that makes me almost lose that job.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

His dart skills came from 1000 hours of stealth archery

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It was just repackaged yamok sauce the whole.time

Odo now charging Quark for selling fake Szechuan Sauce

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

I definitely would like to hear this interview.

edit:

Oh poo poo Keiko is in 3 Body Problem

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 24, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Bloodwine comes in kegs and, rarely, in vintaged bottles. A keg is usually enough for a small get together or celebration, but multiple kegs get tapped in the big ones. A bottle will be shared with a person or two, but crushing multiple bottles by yourself gets you hammered. In a drinking contest going mug for mug, it takes about 5 or 6 liters for an expert contestant to tap out and puke.

My theory is that it is the exact same intoxicating potential as non-blood wine (around 15% ABV, give or take non-ethanol substances); it's very sweet AND smoky like scotch per the massive hangovers; it gets slightly stronger with age; and also eating a good high-protein meal with it (like gagh) is recommended.

Kanar is just fernet refermented with varying amounts of Karo dark corn syrup

Klingons only have like 1/3 the alcohol-metabolizing capacity of humans, but every time someone tries explaining this to Worf he flies into a blind rage and punches them until they get detached retinas so they've all learned to just humor them about their booze.

e: Remember how Worf insisted on eating only Klingon food growing up, and prune juice was a revelation to him? I bet a good rye or bourbon would blow his mind

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 24, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I don't think Worf ever says he only ate Klingon food growing up. In fact its shown multiple times that Worf eats regular human food. When that Klingon came aboard during the officer exchange he even commented on how could Worf stand this human food.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When Worf's parents were chatting with Guinan in "Family" they talk about how kid Worf insisted on having only Klingon food, although yeah he clearly had to have had enough human food at some point to at least learn to tolerate it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

He probably had a lot of earth food at the academy.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

McSpanky posted:

When Worf's parents were chatting with Guinan in "Family" they talk about how kid Worf insisted on having only Klingon food, although yeah he clearly had to have had enough human food at some point to at least learn to tolerate it.

Why yes, my son, these are, uh, egg pods from a deadly Totinor, a true warrior's snack! ::hides bag of pizza rolls::

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

First of May posted:

Why yes, my son, these are, uh, egg pods from a deadly Totinor, a true warrior's snack! ::hides bag of pizza rolls::

:lol:

"Warriors who don't finish their broccoli don't enter Sto-vo-kor!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

He probably had a lot of earth food at the academy.

My gosh, imagine campus food services. How many different foods do you have to prepare for each meal?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
There’s a lot of fun to be had with a series of “Young Worf” webisodes.

Young Worf: “But Mooooooooom, if the other kids see me with this pink lunchbox they won’t think I’m a warrior who travels the path of blood!
Mrs Rozhenko: *rolls eyes*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

McSpanky posted:

He'd have a plain plate of noodles with a little bit but of butter

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The stories of all the kids he killed by accident that his parents didn't tell him about

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Crudite is a warrior's appetizer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Actual Satan posted:

His dart skills came from 1000 hours of stealth archery

It was Daggerfall so that was dogshit. He was probably spamming a dozen spells in half a second and levitating everywhere.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It was Daggerfall so that was dogshit. He was probably clipping through the dungeon floor and dying repeatedly in the first dungeon to ghosts immune to all physical damage

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

I would LOVE to have some deep dives into Klingon society. They are not all dumbass warriors. There are scientists, engineers, lunch ladys, etc. A whole dang society of Klingons in fact!

accounts payable is without honor! accounts receivable with be triumphant!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

naem posted:

accounts payable is without honor! accounts receivable with be triumphant!!

You dare say my study on gravity is nonsense?!

YOU ARE WITHOUT HONOR, OR PROOF! I was peer-reviewed by the Federation themselves, and hailed a true scientist as they could not find fault in their battle to refute my work. You are a disgrace to the Kohledge of Kahless!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Today is a good day to die.

*scrubs persistently at stain on the floor*

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It is a good day to fry!

* Drops basket of french fries into oil *

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
*drops out of warp*

enterPRISE motherfucka

aww I messed that up didn't I

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do u think there are prob some Klingons that read the Bible out of curiosity and now are Christian. U know some of these aliens got into the Christianity thing

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is jesus without honour?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Non Compos Mentis posted:

is jesus without honour?

You must not have read the gospels in the original Klingon.

Let me tell you what actually happened at Golgotha *stretches arms*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Non Compos Mentis posted:

is jesus without honour?

Jesus on Good Friday: "Today is a good day to die."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
and lo jesus said qapla'!