Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you also hafta do the low gravity code

in 1.6 you don't need lowgrav and can do this by increasing bullet pushback so you can fly with machine guns and have to full auto when you come in for a landing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

borat 2 had some annoying lib stuff in it but it was also very funny, particularly the giuliani stuff lol

you were in borat 2

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

they absolutely did it on purpose

I have an aunt who is from kazakhstan and she claimed borat is based on (stolen) a guy her father worked with at the post office. she got mad and loud if you expressed any doubt about it.

she was loving crazy. lived with my uncle for like another 5-6 years after divorcing. they would still go on holiday together and she would complain about him the whole time (they went on vacation about a couple miles from us so I would go visit them sometimes)

my uncle got fired from his job, where she also worked, for being unprofessionally jealous around her. he's an odd guy too but that's another story.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

he's an odd guy too but that's another story.
one of my coworkers (public agency) is a weird old turkish guy whose nearly 80 years old, former turkey air force pilot, used to work in nuclear structural-seismic design industry in its heydey for many years, and like 2+ decades well past retirement with a sick rear end mega-pension but is still working for the shits and giggles of it and mostly just plays solitaire on his computer all day

he's very into indonesian mail order girlfriends, buying schoolgirl outfits (???) and bondage, like 5 times divorced, and probably a bunch of other stuff i don't want to know. somethings just wrong with people from the caucuses, must be those mountains

he's cool though and teaches me lots of ye olde turkish idioms and catchphrases

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it takes all kinds!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

loving the idea that european countries which currently are experiencing massive surges in far-right support have moved beyond the concept of "race"

they're right. the european far-right have moved beyond the concept of race, and are now all about the concept of civilization, or sometimes culture, and which ones are incompatible with western civilization.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

one of my coworkers (public agency) is a weird old turkish guy whose nearly 80 years old, former turkey air force pilot, used to work in nuclear structural-seismic design industry in its heydey for many years, and like 2+ decades well past retirement with a sick rear end mega-pension but is still working for the shits and giggles of it and mostly just plays solitaire on his computer all day

he's very into indonesian mail order girlfriends, buying schoolgirl outfits (???) and bondage, like 5 times divorced, and probably a bunch of other stuff i don't want to know. somethings just wrong with people from the caucuses, must be those mountains

he's cool though and teaches me lots of ye olde turkish idioms and catchphrases

i learned about persian new year nowruz at this job because like a third of the dudes here are persian

interesting dudes, most of them drink and they all love buffets and eating way too much lunch in general. not a whiff of horniness from them at all, reminds me of mormons

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Feel it'd be even funnier if we hadn't had the id saga like a month ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you get some great stuff in the LC lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3295066&pagenumber=1748&perpage=40#post538524002

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol the China will steal your industrial secrets guy a few posts later.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

FirstnameLastname posted:

lmao ive seen it like 3 times and never actually caught what they were trying to do

It's a "thinker"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

interstellar is just a bigger budget but worse version of Sunshine

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

in 1.6 you don't need lowgrav and can do this by increasing bullet pushback so you can fly with machine guns and have to full auto when you come in for a landing

Ancient Knowledge

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

goon project give this guy rubella

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

crepeface posted:

well if the president says it its not an insane and dangerous conspiracy theory, if you're on the same team

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

personally the only evidence that the chinese has been stealing american corporate secrets is that their economy stumbled a bit last season

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
china makes all our stuff of course they know our secrets. we just like sent it to them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

china makes all our stuff of course they know our secrets. we just like sent it to them

american corporations don't really have secrets they need to keep from anyone but other americans

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Liberals are just mad the Chinese aren't stealing the most important industrial secret of all: union busting

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

crepeface posted:

it's cool how that stuff is basically a modernized version of what extremely racist people were saying about japanese corporations in the 80s

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

RealityWarCriminal posted:

lol yeah if you give them all the factories to make poo poo with of course they're gonna figure out how the stuff they make works. another underhanded and devious plot from president xi

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Srice posted:

it's cool how that stuff is basically a modernized version of what extremely racist people were saying about japanese corporations in the 80s

except this time you can't kneecap china with something like the plaza accords, so people are going to get a lot more insane

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Happen?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Liberals are just mad the Chinese aren't stealing the most important industrial secret of all: union busting

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

my_custom_username posted:

except this time you can't kneecap china with something like the plaza accords, so people are going to get a lot more insane

ramping insanity HOYPE

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

nice weather today. cloudy and mid 60s.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

i wasnt around for the troubles so im sure im missing some context but its so funny that people on this site are still maximally pissed off at fyad

when i became a mod some cspam posters still thought fyad had a vendetta against cspam or were all triple hitlers

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

when i became a mod some cspam posters still thought fyad had a vendetta against this place.

can't remember that far back, only posters here attacking each other over whose vibes are the most fyad

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

speng31b posted:

can't remember that far back, only posters here attacking each other over whose vibes are the most fyad

yeah cspam turned inward so the problem became the enemy within (glenn thread, trump thread, covid thread, musk thread)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dreylad posted:

yeah cspam turned inward so the problem became the enemy within (glenn thread, trump thread, covid thread, musk thread)

*shakes fist, screaming to the heavens*

COVID THREEEEEEEAAAAD!!!!!!!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dreylad posted:

when i became a mod some cspam posters still thought fyad had a vendetta against cspam or were all triple hitlers

you could ahve gassed the trump thread but didn't smh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

*shakes fist, screaming to the heavens*

COVID THREEEEEEEAAAAD!!!!!!!!!

don't forget the Ukraine War thread :twisted:

Jose posted:

you could ahve gassed the trump thread but didn't smh

as ive posted before: let a hundred posts blossom, let a hundred schools of posting contend.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dreylad posted:

there were meltdowns when the trump thread got moved because its posters still believed fyad was basically kiwifarms. that was like less than a year ago i think

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the glennemy within

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

the glennemy within

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dreylad posted:

don't forget the Ukraine War thread :twisted:

as ive posted before: let a hundred posts blossom, let a hundred schools of posting contend.

nature was taking its course when Jeff stepped in and gave them a nuke. There's no contending with the most protected thread in cspam. Their brains are weak but their weapons very strong.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

the glennemy within

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

there were meltdowns when the trump thread got moved because its posters still believed fyad was basically kiwifarms. that was like less than a year ago i think

lol i forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol at the rampant Asiaphobia on these forums.