Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I think I've tried fighting Drakes like 3 different times now, wayyyyy before I'm supposed to. I've gotten close to killing them, but I can never hack it in the end. They get verrrrry pissed off when they enter phase 2

I actually managed to hit one with one of those big rear end ballistas you can find that take 10 million years to charge. It took off half its health then immediately after the Drake ordered a lightning artillery strike directly on me, killing me instantly

My first drake kill was firing a ballista at its head, having it blow up the ballista and fly up to get me, and my team then proceeding to hide inside a fort until it lost interest and flew away. Joke's on him; I've got another ballista. Right to the dome a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Holy gently caress some goon I'm friends with on steam (but don't really know or anything) gave me a port crystal after using my pawn. Hell yes thank you so much, you know who you are!!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Thumbtacks posted:

Inn, not vocation guild. The inn is upstairs, second option should be "Manage Storage"

Found the problem. I thought the bar was the inn. Wasted 2k gold on beer :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How 'bout the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...
with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle.
How 'bout the power to move you?

Mystic Spear owns once you level it a bit.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Play posted:

Holy gently caress some goon I'm friends with on steam (but don't really know or anything) gave me a port crystal after using my pawn. Hell yes thank you so much, you know who you are!!

Dragma has the best multiplayer. I loved sending people back with a fortune in RC and a decent gift due to endless speedfarming on the final boss. Also it meant I have had weirdos constantly popping up on my friends list for like eight years. I don't know who you are, Hideous Kojima, but your name and avatar are awesome.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

Any recommendations for archer skills? Dire Arrow and Explosive Shot both kick rear end, but everything else seems meh?

I went with Barrage and Keen Sight and their upgrades. The first will basically one shot weak enemies with no fuss, and the later is ok for opening a fight with a sniper shot. I switched to mage after maxing archer, or I'd have swapped Spiral in for Barrage.

So if I'm understanding pawn quests right, I could, say, offer 15k for a ferrystone and go afk for a few days, and as long as I'm not unlucky I could come back to a dozen ferrystones for paying 15k once. Or if I'm unlucky only one person gives one to my pawn and I basically blew a decent chunk of money.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don’t know if that’s how it works but you wouldn’t need to go afk, just not sleep at an inn.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Thundarr posted:

I went with Barrage and Keen Sight and their upgrades. The first will basically one shot weak enemies with no fuss, and the later is ok for opening a fight with a sniper shot. I switched to mage after maxing archer, or I'd have swapped Spiral in for Barrage.

So if I'm understanding pawn quests right, I could, say, offer 15k for a ferrystone and go afk for a few days, and as long as I'm not unlucky I could come back to a dozen ferrystones for paying 15k once. Or if I'm unlucky only one person gives one to my pawn and I basically blew a decent chunk of money.

I believe it's only the first. Otherwise yeah this would be the infinite duplication trick when everyone turned 1 backpack beetle into infinite beetles for anyone who rested 3 times at campfires.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Nah you’ll reach it later.

I went all the way to the capital on foot while exploring most of the area in between and never saw one

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I went back to the girl up north of where you start since I heard she had a quest to help her learn magic, and I thought I would give this completely untrained magic user the spellbook of meteor I got from a lich to be funny, except no, she was way ahead of me and right there on her own shopping list is “Death Knell of Nations”

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
What I'd like is some more loading screen illustrations, just a nice splash of scenery or something instead of a black screen when camping out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Starfield has you covered there

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there any reason you'd want to use Logistician on your pawn? Having them combine stuff on their own sounds like a nightmare! I deliberately let fruits age do I can turn them into dried fruit, for example.

Edit: Wait, is there no way to change pawn specialization after you've used the tome? I thought the tome just unlocked it as an option, but that's loving dumb if it's the only way to change specialization.

Thundarr posted:

Torrent Shot (and its upgrade) + the spiral shot (the DoT one) seems like they basically render Barrage Shot obsolete. The former is better raw FPS and the latter seems better as a thing you can use while moving.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 25, 2024

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If anyone wants to a good 29 Mage my pawn Dahlia has 2 buffs and 2 DPS spells, the +weight augment so she can carry a bunch of stuff, and she can talk to elves. Straightforward inclination so she's always blowing up the enemies or healing/buffing your party in the thick of combat. Mostly up to date and upgraded gear, the staff is the best I can find so far and like 400 something str/magic.

I also have an 8k pawn quest reward if you kill a cyclops with her.

YF48UZ9TH7MZ is the pawn ID. Also in the spreadsheet now.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
The sheer amount of fuckshit you can get up to with the mystic spearhand is quite something, Arisen.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any reason you'd want to use Logistician on your pawn? Having them combine stuff on their own sounds like a nightmare! I deliberately let fruits age do I can turn them into dried fruit, for example.

Edit: Wait, is there no way to change pawn specialization after you've used the tome? I thought the tome just unlocked it as an option, but that's loving dumb if it's the only way to change specialization.
logistician is just great if you have a general overabundance of quinces... but I personally try to avoid it, maybe it's nice if ya don't wanna think about inventory in general but still get some additional benefit and dig the notion of pawns having more capabilities?

and yeah each specialization tome is a single 'turn specialization to this' consumable, nothing further, only use them if you want that specialization going forward as you'd need another tome to go back to the previous one ya had. I don't like it! at the very least it could be made more clear

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 25, 2024

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ytlaya posted:

It's precisely for drying fruit that I have logistician on my pawn, she just keeps drying them as soon as they ripen, which means I don't have to jump into my inventory all the time. I've never really had a problem with them being turned into potions.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Potential major spoilers, only read if you're relatively far in the game. Just got the restored gods bane sword. I'm supposed to take it to Phaesus but the glowy eyed guy shows up and tells me I'm going to take it to moon bright tower or some such. His phrasing carried an air of finality. I'm not near the end right? I feel like there is still a lot to explore even though I am already easily stomping large monsters at level 37 or so. But there's plenty more to come, right?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Play posted:

Honestly think that Thief is the best vocation. It's got great damage, you can dodge, you can parry, you can make it completely impossibile for enemies to hit you, you can stagger and completely knock down and small or flying enemies. When you get thrown by a large enemy you take basically zero damage.

Fun to play, effective, and excellent survivability. I've completely fallen in love compared to other vocations.

Thief is absolutely kickass fun to play for sure, I haven't even gotten around to trying other classes because I'm loving this so much.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Everdraed posted:

logistician is just great if you have a general overabundance of quinces... but I personally try to avoid it, maybe it's nice if ya don't wanna think about inventory in general but still get some additional benefit and dig the notion of pawns having more capabilities?

and yeah each specialization tome is a single 'turn specialization to this' consumable, nothing further, only use them if you want that specialization going forward as you'd need another tome to go back to the previous one ya had. I don't like it! at the very least it could be made more clear

It would be better if it only used up stuff in its own inventory, I don't like that every time I've recruited a logistician pawn it's burned through stuff like fresh fruit and herbs to make 50 salubrious draughts.
Though I guess if you had a logistician, a gatherer and a chuirgeon they could just be an engine of making then using up basic healing supplies as you march and you could potentially go without a mage to heal you.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

wanted to get the +HP augment for ralsei and man... that's just darling

now lets just put the best statted armor on 'em and oh. oh no

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Everdraed posted:

now lets just put the best statted armor on 'em and oh. oh no

Ah, yes, it's that armour. The one every melee character wore in the first game. It's back.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

i spent so much time armoring him up like a horrible lil gimp, and it took one fight for him to unlock the augment haha

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Trying to wrap up my remaining quests in the capital before making my next big expedition to the east, but I keep coming across new ones.

Looking forward to exploring again. Need more cash to get a nice sword for my pawn (or, even better, find one). I'm also just assuming the Sorceror staff is somewhere to the east, since the Warrior sword was near another main quest location.

Also need to try out Thief at some point, since I have a couple really nice Thief weapons. One has some permanent electrical elemental effect.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Does anyone know what loving bug is causing NPCs to fail to give out items? It's happened multiple times now for me to the point where it's getting aggravating. Luckily there's a shop mod that allows you to buy the grimoires you're missing, but I've missed pawn specializations and other unique quest rewards. I wasn't running any mods or have full inventories of any kind.

Maybe it's related to the poor CPU usage or something.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I hiked my way out to elf town just so I could teach my pawn how to speak to elves, because I didn't like any of the other specializations at the moment.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeah I was a bit sad when I got the blacked out metal gimp mask and it was like, a MASSIVE upgrade over what I was using so I just had to put it on. but I don't have to like it

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
In preparation for my adventure, I've used the free character creation tool on PS5. If you don't know it's there, you will never use it since it's pretty well hidden in the PS Store. But oh man... this is amazing. I've never seen anything like it in other games. I was tempted to create a towering bastard and then make him walk all hunched over or tilted backwards. In fact, for the actual game I might still.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The dial around the map in the Start menu shows current time of day.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I realized the riftstone right past the Mountain's secret right at the start of the game (Riftstone of Potential) shows pawns that have never been taken out on a quest. How daunting must it be to return to the game and never see your pawn get picked up. At least the next time I play I have to see if I can help at least a few fellas out (assuming their pawns are at least geared and have something easy like a days travel quest!)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

starting my two man playthrough. i think two people should be a good balance of difficult but not steamroll easy, although it makes healing a bit awkward. current plan is to just stock up on consumables and give him the specialization that makes him heal me with items and we'll go from there. i think the "restore HP on kill" rings will be enough, probably.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm trying to avoid all spoilers but I couldn't help but notice MASSIVE amounts of crybaby posts online about how Dragonblight is the worst thing ever that ruins the whole game. Which is very funny.

Now, I don't know what it is exactly, but somehow I doubt it's game ruining.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jack Trades posted:

I'm trying to avoid all spoilers but I couldn't help but notice MASSIVE amounts of crybaby posts online about how Dragonblight is the worst thing ever that ruins the whole game. Which is very funny.

Now, I don't know what it is exactly, but somehow I doubt it's game ruining.

It can possibly ruin your game but you really have to let it go and ignore a bunch of giant flashing warning sirens for it to happen

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah don't get it twisted, it's an absolute game killer. They legitimately have a point. I disagree and think the constant warning of Pawn AIDS is enough, but it is one of the most massive "gently caress you for playing my game" moves I've seen in a awhile.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Has anyone finished the game yet? How "finished" does it seem?

I've seen someone claim that it's unfinished like the first game but I didn't inquire further since I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Went into a tunnel, tangled with an ogre (as seems to regularly happen). No worries, used to this, we triumph and keep looting the place.

Walk out the front door and oh poo poo it's a manticore AND we're standing in a bunch of water. That ended up being a knock down, drag out fight because I've been trying to do some different comps other than the standard and had 2 Thieves and a Fighter with me being an Archer.

Thankfully charged shots to the heads are a great way to knock a manticore to their knees because I was quickly running out of healing items.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does throwing a pawn into a river will still send all of my stuff it was carrying into my storage?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I've been trying to do the main quests in the capital and the game keeps randomly crashing in the city.

How have they managed to gently caress up cities this much

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So there's no "tier 2" version of thief and archer, like warrior and sorcerer, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is there any "best" weapon augment paths one should go for? The Battahl ones all give crazy high physical stats for weapons at the cost of more weight, but with the flat reduction in weight from the wyrm augment is there any alternative combination that's technically better for say, warrior two handers? I'm using the Black Matter atm.