Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

...! posted:

Yeah, I've read that she was quite stunned and unhappy Elon did that. I think she had really gone out of her way to get Lemon to sign on

They still have Paris Hilton though

#sliving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elias_Maluco posted:

They still have Paris Hilton though

#sliving
Are you sitting down

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Okay they may not have Hilton either, but they still have #sports right? #Sports will never leave linda right????

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

...! posted:

Interestingly enough, Lemon says that the deal never had anything to do with the show itself. Unlike what Linda had implied, Twitter never made a deal for the show to be exclusive. He was always planning to post it simultaneously to YouTube and other sites. The deal was actually for a few minutes of exclusive footage that would play after each episode

Not so epic, Linda

she doesn't have enough money to pay for the whole show to be exclusive, elon's holding on to what little money remains so he can shower it on right-wing idiots like the big man at a strip club

twitter is making zero income and nose-diving diving towards bankruptcy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Surely the CEO won’t be blamed when the entire company goes bankrupt after having a billion dollar revenue the year before, right? Right?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Are you sitting down

oh no

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://x.com/xx_lu1g1f4n_xx/status/1771924289328959788

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would you want to watch a movie when your charging.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

euphronius posted:

Why would you want to watch a movie when your charging.

What else are you going to do for two hours

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It can’t take that long

For real ??

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1769523172582236425?t=uwZikOXLPMWGrrajryCK_Q&s=19

Lol at this bullshit.

The camera pans down far enough constantly that you can see the cybertruck is actually "offroading" on the shoulder of a paved road.

Also, the Mad Max painjob trying to make it look not a piece of poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 25, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-c__KAg1KI&t=1426s

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
given how terrible people are with their phone charge, this dont bode well for e-cars.

like if batteries were hot swappable it might happen, but that were require all the car makers to have a level of uniform standardized consistency when they cant even get turn signal lights , climate controls, radio, etc to be standardized

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol yeah sure some white collar computer touchers being hardcore mad max on their weekend LARP.

totes hardcore. *uses sat net to binge watch back catalog because this is what modern vacationing is like*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Willatron posted:

I bailed out when the guy started going "Weeeelllll"

HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

euphronius posted:

It can’t take that long

For real ??

It can take 2 hours to fully charge, but they work just like phones. Fast charge when the battery is low. As the battery gets fuller it slows down.

the attached diner is a fine idea (I'm sure the food is being done by someone other than tesla). the drive-in movie is a dumb gimmick but I guess this location is going with a 50s diner / drive-in gimmick.

PhazonLink posted:

given how terrible people are with their phone charge, this dont bode well for e-cars.

uh, it works fine, plenty of people have electric cars now

they're much better for people who don't do much long-distance driving of course, but even if you're doing a long drive they're fine. you take a 30 minute break to park and charge instead of a 10 minute break to piss and fill the tank.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

30 min break to charge is a deal breaker

That is assuming you don’t have to wait for a charger to open up

Hot swapping batteries is the only future. It’s apparently what chinas is pursing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Klyith posted:

(I'm sure the food is being done by someone other than tesla)

MrBeast

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

euphronius posted:

Hot swapping batteries is the only future. It’s apparently what chinas is pursing

That's not gonna work because if the batteries are interoperable across cars, every tenth battery is gonna be a Tesla. It'll be like when SOG booby trapped Vietnamese ammo crates with explosive and the bullets would just randomly explode a month later.

The EV currently works perfectly if you have basically a daily, in-city commute. Preferably from a home with a charger, to a workplace with a charger.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You drive the electric car onto the electric train if you want to go more than 200 mi. Bing bong so simple.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

euphronius posted:

You're gonna be fuming when your 3 month old car gets a 10 year old battery slotted in and explodes.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
hot swapping car batteries is never going to be a thing, not at all practical

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh isnt another weird gate/bit of friction is that chargers all have their own app to access them?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
i charge my plugin hybrid mostly at home but have never needed an app to use a public charger

unlike gas stations. gently caress you cumberland farms.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.416212/gov.uscourts.cand.416212.75.0.pdf

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Let's get Grok's thoughts on this epic dismissal

You might even say it was a thermonuclear dismissal lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

holtemon posted:

"WELL WELL WELL..."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

thathonkey posted:

sad they took away her #sports during one of the biggest sporting events of the year

All these #sports will be lost, in time, like Oreo's delicious cream filling in the rain. Time to Yacc

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

euphronius posted:

man sitting on a horse: "these auto-mobiles are never gonna take off. stopping to fill up with gasoline? why, freckles here fills himself!"

do you really not know anyone with an electric car yet? for a normal person who doesn't do 600 mile trips every week this is not a huge inconvenience, you stretch your legs a bit.

also if chargers are frequent enough on your route you can charge for less time slightly more frequently. like, 10 minutes to add 150 miles of range instead of 20 minutes to add 200 miles.

euphronius posted:

hot swapping batteries has major downsides because the batteries are super-expensive and are the main thing that depreciates in the car

apparently the chinese company doing this makes you lease the batteries. leases are lovely deals. (they're a luxury mark so lovely deals are normal)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Anyway real talk if you're not interested in Elon's clones personally serving you at his diner while you charge for 30-60 minutes the future - probably in the 2050s if we stick to our guns on gas phase out considering ICE tech is at a point you can get 20 years 200kmi out of current late models and that is possibly going up - is you're gonna rent a car to go long distances. Either through a 'classic' grandfathered rental service with gas beaters for rent or a premium electric rental service where you need to pony express them every 200 miles.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Speaking of the everything app, Lindoreo Yaccarineo has been quite quiet lately. Is she still in shock after losing Don Lemon?

Her dad died, and when she asked Elon for time to grieve he was presented with a radical thought of children caring for their parents, panicked and gave her a month off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

poisonpill posted:

The EV currently works perfectly if you have basically a daily, in-city commute. Preferably from a home with a charger, to a workplace with a charger.

Pretty niche case but yes I can see that one

People need cars to be more omni use than that I think

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

holtemon posted:

You might even say it was a thermonuclear dismissal lol

Oh, Center for Countering Digital Hate, you're like the dog who finally caught the car: you don't know what to do with it! Why don't you spend your time doing good things, instead of bad things? In fact, if you were a restaurant, the only thing you would serve would be nothingburgers!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

correct me if I'm wrong but every single one of these "grok roasts" has the phrase "you're the ______ equivalent of a broken record" right?

I'm having trouble deciding whether the elon hanger ons just ignore that and stuff away the embarrassment, or are truly too stupid to recognize very basic patterns

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Elon sounds likea villain from true detective

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

euphronius posted:

It really isn't. What road trip have you ever gone on where you haven't taken a thirty minute break.

How many road trips do you even go on a year?

99.9% of the time a normal daily use of a car would not even use 20% of the battery and you just plug it in at your own home at the end of the day.

I drive an Ioniq, charging stations are just a nice convenience I sometimes top off at when I'm doing something else. Checking to drive around has never been an issue. Driving from Alabama to Illinois I have to make stops and breaks but no more than I would have anyway.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Totally agree the niche case of suburban office worker commuting is good for electric cars

It does not take us 30 mins (which will skyrocket if electric cars are broadly adopted ) to go to the bathroom and get gas on road trips, no. More like 5-10 mins

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

shiksa posted:

correct me if I'm wrong but every single one of these "grok roasts" has the phrase "you're the ______ equivalent of a broken record" right?

I'm having trouble deciding whether the elon hanger ons just ignore that and stuff away the embarrassment, or are truly too stupid to recognize very basic patterns

these are the people who think "poop lemon" is the peak of comedy.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

euphronius posted:

Pretty niche case but yes I can see that one

People need cars to be more omni use than that I think

so you're from the rural midwest or something?

daily <30 miles commutes with infrequent long >200 mile trips describes most of the urban east and west coasts. lmao "niche"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

euphronius posted:

Totally agree the niche case of suburban office worker commuting is good for electric cars

What are you trying to get at?