Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
it was like the last scene of Signs, it all came together in that moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bedpan posted:

As I recall, things unfolded like this:

Two goons from cycle asylum plan a meetup. Meetup seemingly goes well until the guy goon tries to rape the girl goon. She fends him off, barricades herself in part of her apartment, and calls. . .her good friend Mr. Everyday carry NASA guy who immediately shows up and throws goon rapist into the street.

This story, naturally, makes its way back to the forum. When asked to explain himself, the goon rapist claims that the entire situation was a "misunderstanding between young people." This astounding claim makes its way to Fragmaster, who after reviewing the evidence bans both the perpetrator and the victim, as both are patently guilty of importing offsite drama, which is a chain of reasoning that leads people to publicly doubt Fragmaster's competence as admin which in turn leads to Fragmaster stepping down.

I think there was a FYAD thread about it. Am probably wrong. It has been years.

edc nasa goon is a hero! luckily it is only by luck that he did not become a martyr

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Best Friends posted:

I hope every single item he had proved integral to kicking out the rapist. And it was on short notice. So thank God he had it all with him.

Conversely if none of it proved useful at all would also be funny

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

edc nasa goon is a hero! luckily it is only by luck that he did not become a martyr
:golfclap:

martyr's inventory

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conversely if none of it proved useful at all would also be funny

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

martyr's inventory

Goons ritually laying out their EDC in front of piece of the NASA polo framed in gold, lighting some incense, then putting on their combo pistol and Leatherman holster

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://x.com/depthsofwiki/status/1771343011919614443?s=20

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

quote:

In 2013, Geoffrey Sant in Salon described it as the "Worst Joke in Legal History", claiming the title over seven other contenders including Don West's knock-knock joke during the trial of George Zimmerman.[33] Sant refers to the joke's deployment, in the high-profile context of Roe, as "spoiled icing on the collapsed cake",[34] and cites one law blogger who refers to it as the worst joke of all time outright.[35] Sant's characterization has since been repeated in a New York Times obituary of Weddington;[36] in The Independent,[37] SCOTUSblog,[38] The Washington Post,[39] and the blog of the National Constitution Center;[5] and by Becca Andrews in the book No Choice.[40] Janet S. Kole in the ABA Journal differs somewhat, holding that the worst legal joke is another of Sant's picks, a Supreme Court litigator who in Glickman v. Wileman Brothers & Elliott, Inc. told Justice Scalia "you don't want to give your wife diarrhea" by buying green plums.[41]

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

martyr's inventory

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

good lord

quote:

The all-time champion of inappropriate courtroom humor appears to a former judge in Maryland, Bruce Lamdin, who behaved like a meaner version of Michael Scott, the boss from The Office. Lamdin was suspended thirty days without pay in 2008 for rude jokes, including telling motorists from Pennsylvania, “What’s the big rush to get back to Pennsylvania? It’s an ugly state.” When a landlord testified that her tenant’s child had called her a bitch, the judge retorted, “I’m sure that wasn’t the first time someone called you a bitch.” Responding to a mother with a crying baby, he declared: “If she only knew how much I hate kids, she would not have brought that kid in here today.” Riffing on his child-hatred theme, Lamdin then mused to his courtroom that “we [already] confiscate cell phones and we put the cell phones in plastic bags and send them down to Annapolis. I suggested maybe we ought to do the same with children except poke holes in the bag. . . . We ordered some plastic bags about five feet tall but they haven’t been – they haven’t come in yet.”

When a man with the last name Crook pled guilty to driving without a license and possessing drug paraphernalia, the judge demanded, “Why did you drive so poorly? Smoke a little weed before you got behind the wheel? . . . Smoke a little crack before you got behind the wheel? . . . Well, you’ve got the appropriate last name… All right crack head, Crook.” In a court hearing on prostitution, Lamdin performed an imitation of ghetto-talk. (The transcript reads much like when The Office’s Michael Scott got in trouble for reenacting a racially-charged Chris Rock routine.) “Who put up your bond money for you, your pimp? . . . If I were to release you, you’d be scratching that itch tonight. . . . Ma’am, you can’t bullshit a bullshitter.”

Although the Maryland Commission on Judicial Disabilities suspended Judge Lamdin for inappropriate language, one gets the sense that the Commission was especially offended by jokes directed at them. The opinion quotes Lamdin criticizing the Circuit Court, “I mean, they don’t work in the afternoon up there. . . . They’re all on their way to have cocktails or something up there at the Circuit Court. Yeah, they don’t work in the afternoon. Who are they kidding?”

The Commission also criticizes him for accusing prison guards of corruption and courts of indifference: “You may be able to get some crack down there. . . . Those guards there provide services for services. . . . They don’t care about prostitution in Baltimore City. They’ll move her into one of the diversion courts, spank her, and send her on her way. . . . They treat prostitution like spitting on the sidewalk. . . and you’re guaranteed to have it dismissed when you go up to the Circuit Court.” The Commission declared: “Criticism of judicial colleagues, particularly from the bench in the courtroom, hardly leads to trust and confidence by the public in the Judiciary.” Lamdin would later retire after audio emerged of him degrading a victim of domestic violence.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

he spoke the truth, and they hated him for it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah calling a landlord a bitch primed me to be very sympathetic to the judge

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it looks like he went after everyone to the extent that he sometimes got it right by accident.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it looks like he went after everyone to the extent that he sometimes got it right by accident.

Reminds me of that ALAB episode where they talk about damages and race weighting where the judge gets real impressed when the lawyer asks opposing counsel “how do you know he’s black” and then turns around and makes a bar complaint against the same lawyer for exorbitant fees

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/InsaneMomentsNZ/status/1771381341151797708

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
is that a wizards hat

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

https://x.com/dril/status/575121631846227968?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Everything I hear about Corbyn makes me like him more.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah, corbyn is a real decent guy and that was the problem

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

the barbershop guys supporting Liz Warren. in a barbershop with carpet on the floor and a DVD stuck to the wall
the guy who organized the barbershop photo shoot also stayed at the satanic Airbnb
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7jnmb/we-talked-to-the-host-accused-of-doing-satanic-rituals-in-his-airbnb

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cerebral Bore posted:

yeah, corbyn is a real decent guy and that was the problem

Yeah, the only type of politician I still want is a complete rear end in a top hat who is on my side. Decency gets you nothing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Everything I hear about Corbyn makes me like him more.

It's such a funny thing to do too

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Leck posted:

the guy who organized the barbershop photo shoot also stayed at the satanic Airbnb
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7jnmb/we-talked-to-the-host-accused-of-doing-satanic-rituals-in-his-airbnb

iirc this guy then went on to work in the sanders campaign

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
It's a wonder he lost considering he surrounded himself with such an army of winners :nallears:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

iirc this guy then went on to work in the sanders campaign

Are you sure? The timing between South Carolina and Bernie dropping out is pretty tight, especially if he waited until Lyin’ Liz dropped to make the move. I could believe it, but it’s a pretty small window

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Are you sure? The timing between South Carolina and Bernie dropping out is pretty tight, especially if he waited until Lyin’ Liz dropped to make the move. I could believe it, but it’s a pretty small window

to tell you the truth, no. I could be confusing him with some other insider wrecker who ended the season on the Bernie campaign because of Bernie's affinity for dead-eyed ladder climbers.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Animal-Mother posted:

Saw a Nader '96 bumper sticker in the wild today, lol

i had a re-elect jimmy carter 1980 sticker on my old truck :rip:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Covfefe

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Peanut President posted:

i had a re-elect jimmy carter 1980 sticker on my old truck :rip:

username/post combo

also jimmy carter was such an enormous sack of poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jimmy Carter had a Jeb!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

bedpan posted:

username/post combo

also jimmy carter was such an enormous sack of poo poo

yes he was, god bless him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean look at this loving goober:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I mean look at this loving goober:

Brother Billy has both guns drawn
He ain't been right since Vietnam

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
In that same vein, Bill Clinton's embarrassing brother.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Animal-Mother posted:

and his embarrassing wife

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Meet Larry birds repulsive wife

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bedpan posted:

Meet Larry birds repulsive wife

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

Legit had no idea clinton had a brother until just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
his secret service nickname was "headache"