Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh hey, he remembered to tell a joke this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Let me guess how this will go.

Complaints about society today by Carmen-> News stand becomes alive and complains how people don't give it respect-> Strawman of millennial appears saying new gizmo is better-> Suddenly news stand disappears without resolving anything-> Next storyline

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Still Your Genocide Buddies

Ted Rall posted:

At first, it seems strange that the United States is dropping food aid to the besieged people of Gaza at the same time Israel is dropping bombs made in the U.S. to kill them. Could it be that the U.S. is trying to fatten them up in order to make them bigger, easier targets for the Israelis?

First Dog on the Moon: Are Gen Z as doomed as millennials or is it worse?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Are Gen Z as doomed as millennials or is it worse?

Kind of a weird derail to put 'world government' rewilding in there as if it's somehow incompatible with people having houses from a class analysis perspective.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pants Donkey posted:

So, do you all want another helping of rejects?

OPEN THE BLOOD-GATES

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

Ah yes, Icarus, famous for jumping off a cliff

Kellies nomination: Worst use of a metaphor

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

holy poo poo presidential campaigns use branding. nothing gets past this guy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Gary Markstein

I'll just let these two fasces run things from now on!

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Formatting note for Kellies nominations: The current tools process entries most reliably if each comic is nominated separately, and each category is listed in its own nomination. So please use the magick words separately each time. When you post five comics and say they all deserve Gaslighter Special or whatever, that takes real time to disentangle.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

I'll just let these two fasces run things from now on!
I was gonna say “Actually that chair reflects the GOP perfectly.”

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
what kind of rear end in a top hat would make his name into a brand??

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

Why did the elephant dump all of those peanut shells onto himself?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

"That's why."

"...well, okay, that's not why, but it is what Israel is going to tell everyone so they can keep crushing thousands of innocent civilians in an ever-escalating genocide, so close enough right?"

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Oh no! Now Biden's run over a pterodactyl! Now he'll never learn about "Show, don't tell"!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

I got a treat for you all.

So, do you all want another helping of rejects? Or should we jump straight into the 70s cartoons? Or should we leave Asay in the past where he belongs? The thread burns for your input.

The rejects are fascinating. And just running through that dirt-bag would be interesting. What a find!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Putin and the Crocus city hall attack in Moscow – Islamic State claims responsibility for the atrocity, but the president has other ideas about who could be targeted for the blame"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt says £100,000 a year is ‘not huge’ for people in his constituency

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cyber security agency says China behind ‘malicious’ cyber attacks on UK

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

So, do you all want another helping of rejects? Or should we jump straight into the 70s cartoons? Or should we leave Asay in the past where he belongs? The thread burns for your input.
Oh please, post more. Or at least point a link

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm surprised Asay is still alive I thought he passed away already.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JamesBont posted:

Oh please, post more. Or at least point a link

Agreed. Old politoons are always interesting, especially when you get the full context for them and the time they were drawn.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Deface Of War

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the gently caress?

e: I'm an idiot and parsed that truck's grille as some kind of really tall cage in the back of a truck, like they're rounding up really tall people

never post within an hour of arriving at work, people

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
American Masculinity Support Vehicles(pick-up trucks) keep getting larger and larger and they're at the point where you get really crappy lines of sight from the seats down to the front.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia's anti-discrimination laws has a loophole that allows schools to exclude LGBT teachers and students based on religious grounds. Albanese made a pledge to fix that but he now won't move without bipartisan support from the Coalition, who are more inclined to favour the "religious freedom" side of the debate.

Rowe:

Tasmanian election, with Premier Jeremy Rockliff and opposition leader Rebecca White. The devil is Jacqui Lambie who is an independent federal senator established enough to run her own party and won enough seats in last Saturday's state election that Rockliff has to do deals with her to form government.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

I'm guessing this is about the US lowering their car emission standards while Australia plans to increase ours? I don't know if I've missed a story or this is Spooner logic.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Doomykins posted:

American Masculinity Support Vehicles(pick-up trucks) keep getting larger and larger and they're at the point where you get really crappy lines of sight from the seats down to the front.

Some of them are worse than tanks now.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Wow I'm not gonna say the magic words and nom this because it's Kel-ly and I dont 'want DV to have to deal with it but if there were a category for "good cartoon most likely to be reinterpreted badly" this could be it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Am I the only one that sees the big old-timey moustache on Trump here due to the weird coloration on his lip?

Mike Smith

NEMØ

Pedro X. Molina

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

idonotlikepeas posted:

Christopher Weyant

Am I the only one that sees the big old-timey moustache on Trump here due to the weird coloration on his lip?

Nope, I was definitely trying to figure out why William Howard Taft was suddenly relevant again when I saw that.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

duz posted:

Some of them are worse than tanks now.

It is surreal just how much contempt for people is built into the engineering. They even raise the hood a bit to make visibility that much worse.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

And in historical (poli)toon news:

https://twitter.com/choochoobear/status/1772446876119240944

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dont know posted:

It is surreal just how much contempt for people is built into the engineering. They even raise the hood a bit to make visibility that much worse.
I recall an experiment where they put plastic animals on the road to see how drivers behaved. The majority of people driving SUVs not only didn’t do anything to avoid the animals, but deliberately went out of their way to run them over.

Not quite as accurate today, as some SUVs buyers aren’t necessarily scared/insecure white people but just millennials and zoomers just buying the kind of vehicles their scared/insecure parents had.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Plucky lil' Israel hasn't aged well

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Oh, look, it's that parody cartoon the Ghost of Politoons Thread showed me so many years ago, come to pass just as the grim specter said it would...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Nothing more pathetic than royal-pilled americans. You literally fought and won a war to be allowed to ignore this stuff

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David%27s_Sling

Wow, if the might of Hamas and company makes that look insignificant they must command the most powerful military on Earth by a wide margin

Edit: I've been told Israel still exists after five months somehow, weird

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

Stating “Trump can’t be worse on Gaza” ignores that he has said that “Israel needs to finish the job”, ignores that during his term he encouraged the worst of Israel’s expansionist ambitions
Eh Trump says a lot of stuff though
https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1772288881783628166

skeleton warrior posted:

such as moving our embassy to Jerusalem.
Padme: So Biden reversed that move right? Right?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Putin and the Moscow terror suspects – There is growing evidence that a branch of Islamic State was responsible for the concert hall attack, but the Russian leader prefers to link it to Ukraine"

Telegraph:

UK and US expose global Chinese hacking plot

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Susan Hall plays nice and stays quiet about Conservatives in new video

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Two stories: Labor unveils watered-down fuel efficiency standard that eases emission rules for large SUVs (Guardian).
Government seeks to ram deportation laws through parliament despite crossbench anger (ABC).

Rowe:

Knight:

Outgoing Victorian Ombudsman Deborah Glass. ‘Battle for my independence’: Ombudsman slams Daniel Andrews’ ‘legacy of fear’ (The Age)

Katauskas:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
What is going on with that motorbike