Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah if i had to live in dense housing I'd prefer commieblocks in parks rather than infinite concrete hell.

E: I know Sweden doesn't technically build commieblocks but those do look a lot like the prefab soviet designs.

There's a connection, but it's not necessarily what you think. Finland is very similar to Sweden due to close ties. When the first concrete element factory was opened in Finland in 1964 and building new suburbs really sped up, USSR sent high ranking visitors on a study trip to see how it was done here. Everyone wanted to build cheap housing in expanding cities, especially so in war ravaged countries like USSR, Finland and Japan where there was a real shortage of living space. Soviets then spent good time looking at how their capitalist neighbours were doing it just like everyone was trying to learn from each other. Soviet Union built more Khruschevkas than anyone else but that doesn't mean that they invented the concept by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The UK built LPS blocks too but I think we generally went up and square rather than long and low.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Thanks AI for summarising stupidly long articles

The article delves into the effects of fourteen years of conservative governance on Britain, analyzing various aspects such as socioeconomic inequality, healthcare, education, and Brexit. It explores how austerity measures implemented by conservative governments have impacted different segments of society, exacerbating disparities and widening the gap between the rich and poor. The authors examine the state of the National Health Service (NHS) and argue that under conservative rule, the NHS has faced significant challenges, including funding cuts and privatization efforts, resulting in strained resources and diminished quality of care.

Education is another area scrutinized in the article, with discussions on the impact of conservative policies on schools and universities. The authors suggest that austerity measures have led to funding cuts in education, affecting the quality of teaching and learning outcomes. Furthermore, they highlight the increasing privatization and marketization of the education sector under conservative leadership, raising concerns about accessibility and equity.

Brexit, a defining issue of recent British politics, is also analyzed in the article. The authors examine the role of conservative governments in championing Brexit and navigating the complex negotiations and implications of the UK's departure from the European Union. They discuss the polarization and divisions within British society brought about by Brexit, reflecting on the lasting consequences of this decision on the country's economy, international standing, and social cohesion.

Throughout the article, the authors provide a critical assessment of conservative governance in Britain, arguing that it has prioritized the interests of the wealthy and powerful while neglecting the needs of the most vulnerable members of society. They suggest that conservative policies have contributed to a society marked by inequality, insecurity, and diminished public services.

The article also offers insights into the political dynamics under conservative rule, examining the rise of populist movements and the erosion of trust in traditional political institutions. It reflects on the challenges facing the opposition and the prospects for progressive change in the aftermath of conservative dominance.

Overall, the article paints a sobering picture of the consequences of fourteen years of conservative rule in Britain, highlighting the enduring legacy of austerity, privatization, and Brexit on the country's social fabric and political landscape. It calls for a reevaluation of conservative policies and a renewed commitment to addressing the pressing issues facing British society.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i mean the article has been posted and the full text has been posted do we really need ai summaries posted too

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
here is my summary: tories are pure cunts

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and austerity is ruinous to all but a very few in society

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and leaving the EU was a blindingly loving stupid thing to do

none of this is new to us i don't think but thanks whoever posted the article so others don't have to pay for it :)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Kate dead, Charles dead, new King to be revealed before the eclipse

https://x.com/DarumaIkyu/status/1771590689266024576?s=20

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

mediaphage posted:

i mean the article has been posted and the full text has been posted do we really need ai summaries posted too

i dunno but we probably do need a post asking whether we need it.

fuctifino's voice isnt how I expected it

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

mediaphage posted:

It's very correct in pointing out that Sunak and Starmer are essentially arguing over trivialities while the country is hanging over an abyss, and pretending that the abyss isn't really there does not in fact make it go away.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

here is my summary: tories are pure cunts

wao

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It recalls to me an article that was published a while back, that cautions against the belief that at some point, there'll be a humiliation so complete; a disaster so total, that we'll have no choice but to set things straight and change the path that the country's on. Far more likely is gradual decline heaped on top of gradual decline, until we're just an irrelevant and impoverished little island on the edge of the Atlantic.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

crispix posted:

and leaving the EU was a blindingly loving stupid thing to do

In the grand scheme it'll probably be seen as a net positive tbh.

The economic hit is quite rightly falling into the "Whose GDP? Your GDP? What's a pint of milk?" framework. The UK economic situation is completely hosed by the Thatcherite consensus, we are systemically built around natural monopolies siphoning money into the rentier capitalist class, extra tarifs on exports or whatever is bad but it's also irrelevant?

Since brexit the EU has been forced to reform, for the first time in it's history, mainly to not potentially lose France too and like, the EU was/is bad from a democratic perspective in thousands of ways. It's an evil, technocratic, raw-power little institution and giving it a black eye was good. And if you give even the slightest gently caress about Ukraines defence that lowkey justifies brexit on its own, we were able to lead the way in their defence because we left the EU and weren't bound by their lovely arming procedures.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i feel like the ancient technology of "skim reading" probably does as reliable a job without involving as many computationally intensive plagarism machines

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

In the grand scheme it'll probably be seen as a net positive tbh.

The economic hit is quite rightly falling into the "Whose GDP? Your GDP? What's a pint of milk?" framework. The UK economic situation is completely hosed by the Thatcherite consensus, we are systemically built around natural monopolies siphoning money into the rentier capitalist class, extra tarifs on exports or whatever is bad but it's also irrelevant?

Since brexit the EU has been forced to reform, for the first time in it's history, mainly to not potentially lose France too and like, the EU was/is bad from a democratic perspective in thousands of ways. It's an evil, technocratic, raw-power little institution and giving it a black eye was good. And if you give even the slightest gently caress about Ukraines defence that lowkey justifies brexit on its own, we were able to lead the way in their defence because we left the EU and weren't bound by their lovely arming procedures.

The first page says for you not to post here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah, okay, it's not that funny anymore.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pistol_Pete posted:

Far more likely is gradual decline heaped on top of gradual decline, until we're just an irrelevant and impoverished little island on the edge of the Atlantic.

until??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Just Another Lurker posted:

So much for the tolerant left :(

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

It adds a certain frisson, I won't lie.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

hmm

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

lmao, how hard is it to just post in other threads

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Failed Imagineer posted:

I appreciate this guy going straight to "they put out obviously fake stuff deliberately so that this video would look more genuine" within the first 30 seconds so that I didn't have to waste 8 minutes on his nutjob conspiracy theory.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

re: my post about anxiety at work, Doctor is going to write me a fit note recommending proper flexible working for at least three months. Hopefully that'll have enough teeth to it that they'll back off for a bit.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Angrymog posted:

re: my post about anxiety at work, Doctor is going to write me a fit note recommending proper flexible working for at least three months. Hopefully that'll have enough teeth to it that they'll back off for a bit.

Well done for advocating for yourself.

I’m struggling at my work, for different reasons. Crap manager, and boring work that’s totally different from what my team used to do. I have a meeting with my boss’s boss tomorrow to see what can be done.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tell the boss's boss that the boss is a workplace masturbator IMO

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Obviously check the office policy on that first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKH9ECC_Qa4

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

what if they work at Babestation tho

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Tell the boss's boss that the boss is a workplace masturbator IMO

He works from home so no doubt!
E: a previous manager left to work at PlayStation, but someone heard it as “Babestation” and told the whole office that

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I've got WFH in my contract, much to the dismay of my company who are now changing back to hybrid under it's new owners.

So far it's just been polite hint droping that they would like to see me in more.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Fine, but I'm keeping my personal schedule :fap:"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Failed Imagineer posted:

lol, went in blind and he lost me at "you can always tell when it's CGI in the cinema", just in time for the next line to be "And of course, she's wearing the black and white of Freemasonry"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

josh04 posted:

lol, went in blind and he lost me at "you can always tell when it's CGI in the cinema", just in time for the next line to be "And of course, she's wearing the black and white of Freemasonry"

Isn't that the blue & white of the Russian Navy? :confused:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

killerwhat posted:

He works from home so no doubt!
E: a previous manager left to work at PlayStation, but someone heard it as “Babestation” and told the whole office that

Say he pulled* a Jeff Toobin on the last group call.

*hoho

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Isn't that the blue & white of the Russian Navy? :confused:
The Russian Navy are all Freemasons, Putin is a 360 degree Cornish Rite Leviathan, Pope's involved too. Not Frank, the secret Pope who disguises himself as a goalie for Newcastle.

:tinfoil:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Not Frank, the secret Pope who disguises himself as a goalie for Newcastle.

We call his team transfers a matter of moving the goal Pope's.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Lt. Danger posted:

what if they work at Babestation tho

I am more a Davestation guy myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqcrzk6dwpY&t=42s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

We call his team transfers a matter of moving the goal Pope's.

Plural? How many popes has this division?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

No! Apostrophe then S means possessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

How many popes has this division?
:golfclap:

Jeff Toobin' is when you get banned from the rubber dinghy rapids at Alton Towers for getting your cock out when the photo is taken.