Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-mp-johnny-mercer-faces-9189170

quote:

Plymouth MP Johnny Mercer faces prison if he does not follow Afghanistan Inquiry order

The Veterans' Minister has been ordered to hand over names of those who told him about alleged special forces murders in Afghanistan or face a potential prison sentence.

The chairman of the Afghanistan Inquiry, Sir Charles Haddon-Cave has given Plymouth MP Johnny Mercer until April 5 to provide a witness statement containing the names.

During the minister's evidence to the probe last month, the chairman told Mr Mercer his decision to "refuse to answer legitimate questions... at a public inquiry" were "disappointing... surprising... and completely unacceptable".

His words came after Mr Mercer repeatedly refused to hand over names of "multiple officers" who told him about allegations of murder and a cover-up during his time as a backbench MP.

Providing his reasons for not disclosing the names, he told counsel to the inquiry Oliver Glasgow KC last month: "The one thing you can hold on to is your integrity and I will be doing that with these individuals."

The inquiry said Mr Mercer was served with a Section 21 notice on March 13, compelling him to hand over the names, which the inquiry have insisted will be "treated in confidence".

In the order, the chairman said the consequences of failing to comply without reasonable excuse would be "a criminal offence punishable with imprisonment and/or a fine."

Sir Charles also said the High Court could enforce the order through contempt of court proceedings, which "may result in imprisonment".

He's 100% going to grass up everyone, but not because it's the correct moral thing to do, but more to save his own neck. I'm genuinely going to miss him when he's voted out at the next GE

e: And I guess I'll just leave this really bizarre tweet here

I'm used to weird Nadine tweets and articles, but this is among the weirdest (and most desperate) lol
https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1772337960534302795

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Him getting by-electioned before the collapse would also be funny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gah

Go away Nads you booze elemental.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

No! Apostrophe then S means possessive.
The pope’s possessed‽ :derp:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ghost Pope returns to his seat by any means necessary.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
There's nothing inherently unsexy about being a woman in her 60s, but everything about being a drunk, Tory, Daily Mail columnist with a wide-on for Boris Johnson is absolutely Haram.

E: ^^^^ this maybe reads a bit like "here are some opinions about women" , but really it's "here are some opinions about Tories"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I dunno if it's sexy but it's pretty cringe to tell everyone how sexy(very) you are.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Really? drat, I tell people all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FERqAxJXQ

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm so in demand these days. men are falling over themselves to make passionate love to me. anyone who wants me... any ex-prime ministers, say... better act quickly before I'm snapped up... i know you have my number boris

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i feel like i clear the reasonably low bar of "not nadine dorries" so where the hell are the people lining up to have sex with me

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i feel like i clear the reasonably low bar of "not nadine dorries" so where the hell are the people lining up to have sex with me

maybe you need to lower your standards

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Found this in the replies to Mad Nad's tweet:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Found this in the replies to Mad Nad's tweet:

:yikes: :can:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Probably a fake story but a powerful diss nonetheless.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I dunno if it's sexy but it's pretty cringe to tell everyone how sexy(very) you are.

What if I find cringe sexy?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Then you'll be pleased to hear Elon Musk is single.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Then you are both blessed and cursed for the things you must find erotic.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Could just quote the entire article. Most sane housing market :shepface:
Councils now sell off more houses than they build. Thatcher’s legacy, right to buy, is a failure

quote:

the few local authorities that have been building significant amounts of new social housing in recent years have been forced by right to buy to sell off more homes than they can build. Seven of Norwich’s newest council homes are already in the process of being sold off, fewer than five years after they were completed.
Other authorities have created subsidiary companies which can be used to rent out homes while remaining exempt from right to buy.

quote:

Despite right to buy being so destructive to public finances that it has been abolished in Scotland and Wales, Labour has announced it will keep Thatcher’s policy if it wins the next general election.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

Then you'll be pleased to hear Elon Musk is single.

Everyone should be pleased to hear that Elon Musk is single.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

fuctifino posted:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-mp-johnny-mercer-faces-9189170

He's 100% going to grass up everyone, but not because it's the correct moral thing to do, but more to save his own neck. I'm genuinely going to miss him when he's voted out at the next GE

Am I misreading this, or is that guy actually trying to protect whistleblowers? Just seems pretty opposite to what you'd normally expect especially from a Tory MP

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

:actually: this has an inflationary effect on the Sexual Marketplace and thus depreciates my own Sexual Market Value :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

On the other hand his near three year meltdown over Grimes leaving him has seen him becoming the King Klown of Nazified Twitter

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

e: And I guess I'll just leave this really bizarre tweet here

I'm used to weird Nadine tweets and articles, but this is among the weirdest (and most desperate) lol
https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1772337960534302795
Do I have a neon sign above my head that says 'available', I ask as I see my drunken purchase receipts for a glassblower, a high voltage electrician, and a rare gas supplier.

Jedit posted:

Especially his ex.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

It adds a certain frisson, I won't lie.

So, uh. IKs? Mods? He's been probed repeatedly for posting in here because he's threadbanned. You actually going to do anything about this, or?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just ate four Reese's Cups, tastes ok but the texture is quite... unpleasant. :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine having to see your breasts being front page news for weeks because a bunch of weird Nazis got a boner over you hosting a TV show.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tesseraction posted:

Imagine having to see your breasts being front page news for weeks because a bunch of weird Nazis got a boner over you hosting a TV show.

I'd have breast reduction surgery. Hopefully she's insulated from all this poo poo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why is it news that a lass has big tits?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

feedmegin posted:

So, uh. IKs? Mods? He's been probed repeatedly for posting in here because he's threadbanned. You actually going to do anything about this, or?

No, DnD mods only punish people for insufficiently loving Joe Biden (and perfectly sound advice on defending oneself from dog attack)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

:actually: this has an inflationary effect on the Sexual Marketplace and thus depreciates my own Sexual Market Value :colbert:

Just be gay

market forces, innit. If you want to be competitive you have to transition to better business model (gay)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe posted:

It’s the same thing as when the new top gun movie came out and was successful and all the right wing nutters got excited and said it showed Americans want guns and planes and bombs in movies not lefty things. Now they’re getting excited that an attractive woman with a massive rack is becoming a popular movie star as this proves REAL America likes blondes and tits

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They're desperate for a conservative Taylor Swift and they're trying to manifest it by wanking about a blond lady with big boobs. They think that the Blond Bombshell has been a maligned concept since the rappers started going on about the asses and this is a Retvrn to tradition.

Essentially Conservative politics is stuck in 14 year old boy territory.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd have breast reduction surgery. Hopefully she's insulated from all this poo poo.

You kidding, you can't pay for this amount of publicity. I didn't even know who she was a month ago and now she's a megastar.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
An attractive woman with a massive rack is famous you say? Who ever heard of such a thing.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

She's a conventionally attractive white blonde woman with a big boobs. She hosted SNL and had fun with some of the jokes that referenced her chest. In the minds of certain deranged reactionaries that means that Woke Is Dead Now, because all us lefties are joyless scolds who actively hate 'conventional beauty' and are trying to Culturally Marxism our way to the destruction of Western Society by filling media and vidya with buff, short/blue-haired trans women who hate men and can't take a joke.

It's the dumbest thing (so far). It's all projection. Sydney Sweeney has said or done nothing of a political nature (in any direction) but because she went on TV in a low-cut dress and made some Hooters gags she's now a conservative darling. Really pathetic. And dumb.

They'll inevitably find something to cancel her about. Since she hasn't actively done anything to earn their admiration other than 'exist', she won't even have to do anything to lose it. She'll just appear in the wrong film, or say some innocuous word or phrase that will trigger them and then they'll be able to rage about how Woke Has Even Captured The Pretty Women With Big Cans.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sydney Sweeney's wider family are also very MAGA so the conservatives are embracing her under the assumption she's a stealth bigot

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Phoar - look at the rack on that. Deviant behaviour.

source: https://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

quote:

the transmission lines are Deviating by 90 degrees

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Something something appeal to big naturals fallacy

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

BalloonFish posted:

She's a conventionally attractive white blonde woman with a big boobs. She hosted SNL and had fun with some of the jokes that referenced her chest. In the minds of certain deranged reactionaries that means that Woke Is Dead Now, because all us lefties are joyless scolds who actively hate 'conventional beauty' and are trying to Culturally Marxism our way to the destruction of Western Society by filling media and vidya with buff, short/blue-haired trans women who hate men and can't take a joke.

It's the dumbest thing (so far). It's all projection. Sydney Sweeney has said or done nothing of a political nature (in any direction) but because she went on TV in a low-cut dress and made some Hooters gags she's now a conservative darling. Really pathetic. And dumb.

They'll inevitably find something to cancel her about. Since she hasn't actively done anything to earn their admiration other than 'exist', she won't even have to do anything to lose it. She'll just appear in the wrong film, or say some innocuous word or phrase that will trigger them and then they'll be able to rage about how Woke Has Even Captured The Pretty Women With Big Cans.
https://twitter.com/fiImgal/status/1771607175766438194?t=uyXWYcUMBg9p6gRki1iEbw&s=19

Imagine producing and starring in a horror movie about a nun waking up pregnant in a convent and two weeks before your big marketing push half the us decides you're a paragon of christian virtues for no other reason than your titties are big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Just Another Lurker posted:

Just ate four Reese's Cups, tastes ok but the texture is quite... unpleasant. :(

lmao why did you keep eating them then