Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Dancer posted:

A lib in my life is sharing articles about how AnsarAllah supposedly targeted another Chinese vessel on Sunday, even despite some recent agreement with China and Russia that they would not target them. Googling is about as useless as expected (only re-reports of the same thing, based on sources like US central command), but maybe there more useful reports in Arabic media?
MV Huang Pu, dc think tank types say they probably hit the wrong ship
neither the houthis nor china have said anything afaict but if there really was no major damage i don't think it's surprising for them to just keep talks private

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CheetoVonTito posted:

Jordan Jordan I can’t rhyme,
gently caress it. FREE PALESTINE!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

30.5 Days posted:

that seems significant

The :denmark: public broadcaster had the gall to use the descriptor "genocide-like" for this report's findings. It just has a little... je ne sais shoah.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 hours!)

In my trash opinion. Afghanistan and Yemen are the only countries that aren’t slaves to America.
But while this sounds nice, logistically speaking, this sounds maybe doable.

Iran> Iraq>Syria>Southern Lebanon. They can tag team with Hezzbollah.

Getting to Gaza, now that’s gonna be a b****
https://x.com/stairwayto3dom/status/1772564400345346113?s=46

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lmao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

A/HRC/55/73: Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967 - Advance unedited version | OHCHR]By analysing the patterns of violence and Israel’s policies in its onslaught on Gaza, this report concludes that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating Israel’s commission of genocide is met. One of the key findings is that Israel's executive and military leadership and soldiers have intentionally distorted jus in bello principles, subverting their protective functions, in an attempt to legitimize genocidal violence against the Palestinian people.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Wishing everyone a wonderful dttze, dta and dtge (genocide enablers)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Elias_Maluco posted:

iirc same book also tells god gave them Canaan and actually demanded them to genocide all natives the first time they conquered it

Its a very problematic book that does says "murder bad" but has plenty of parts were the heroes commit god-approved murder and genocide. Also many times god himself does those things
I'm not a follower of that book, but my interpretation is that the commandments only apply to their in-group. Murder is only bad against other people of the book (sometimes). It's completely neutral, or even justified, to murder other groups.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

fizziester posted:

Source: Guardian UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/26/plan-end-ultra-orthodox-students-military-exemption-row-israel

Plan to end ultra-Orthodox students’ military exemption sparks row in Israel
Lorenzo Tondo and Quique Kierszenbaum in Jerusalem
Tue 26 Mar 2024 05.00 GMT

A proposed bill to extend compulsory military service to ultra-Orthodox students, historically exempt from conscription, has ignited a fierce debate in Israel, with Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly warning that failure to pass the law could jeopardise the stability of the government.

Why wouldn’t Gantz support it? I thought the nationalist liberal faction was all about haredim conscription

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

CheetoVonTito posted:

In my trash opinion. Afghanistan and Yemen are the only countries that aren’t slaves to America.
But while this sounds nice, logistically speaking, this sounds maybe doable.

Iran> Iraq>Syria>Southern Lebanon. They can tag team with Hezzbollah.

Getting to Gaza, now that’s gonna be a b****
https://x.com/stairwayto3dom/status/1772564400345346113?s=46

Give the Taliban an air logistics wing. Hell the US left behind practically everything else.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Automata 10 Pack posted:

so our state department is saying “we’re gonna ignore it lol”

https://x.com/halalflow/status/1772401141432651972?s=46

If they were smart (lol), Genocide Joe and his people could have ridden the somewhat decent PR to come from this UN resolution (they abstained rather than flat out vetoing this time). But no! They insist on riding the bullet train to hell with Israel, and [burger]I hope they're punished for it come November[/burger].

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If they were smart (lol), Genocide Joe and his people could have ridden the somewhat decent PR to come from this UN resolution (they abstained rather than flat out vetoing this time). But no! They insist on riding the bullet train to hell with Israel, and [burger]I hope they're punished for it come November[/burger].

Why didn't they just veto it if they were going to do this poo poo?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Raccooon posted:

theyre stupid

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Raccooon posted:

They think Americans who give a poo poo about this are just as dumb and inattentive as the ones that don't. They want to give people an excuse to stop paying attention while we continue funding and arming a genocide.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Destroy Israel

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raccooon posted:

Because they all think that West Wing is a documentary and that they have expertly managed a rough public relations situation via messaging and that material reality does not exist.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Orbs posted:

I'm not a follower of that book, but my interpretation is that the commandments only apply to their in-group. Murder is only bad against other people of the book (sometimes). It's completely neutral, or even justified, to murder other groups.

Me neither, but I read it. But also only considering in-group, there are plenty of exceptions to the "dont murder" rule

But in any case, the part that most shocked me when I read was the conquest of Canaan itself, because god very clearly commands them to genocide every single person and tribe who lived there. And gets very angry because they dont follow it to 100% (only almost)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Elias_Maluco posted:

But in any case, the part that most shocked me when I read was the conquest of Canaan itself, because god very clearly commands them to genocide every single person and tribe who lived there. And gets very angry because they dont follow it to 100% (only almost)

Someone in one of the other threads I follow is currently reading some of those bits in Deuteronomy.

quote:

29 The Lord your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land,

Their land?? Weird......

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Harik posted:

the us was never not going to ignore it, it's an even bigger dickwaving move than vetoing it. "binding? lol who's gonna enforce it?"

Biden is doing the bit from the Chapelle's Show Black Bush sketch.

"oh you don't have an army? Maybe you should shut the gently caress up then."

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

honestly I can't imagine how people could think trump winning is more terrifying than the precedent that would be set if joe biden won. can you imagine the democratic party moving forward knowing that they can literally commit a holocaust if the boogeyman on the republican side is scary enough? how in the gently caress is anybody going to feel safe after that? how is any progressive going to believe that the democratic agenda going forward would not be ""neoconservatism while ousting progressive democrats through AIPAC, and getting white nationalists elected on the other side to terrify the base into voting dem"?

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 14:30 on Mar 26, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not sure this torah exegesis conversation is good or needs to continue

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Egg Moron posted:

Jordan Jordan don’t be like shodan from system shock

Heh I was just playing that today.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1772407151320867293

Not sure if this was posted yet. John Kirby stating outright that the security council resolution is "non-binding" and has "no impact on Israel at all"

By the way he's flat out lying. I know international law isn't a real thing but under international law, UN security council resolutions are in fact binding.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

I'm sure they're thinking of it in "smart" realpolitik terms. Israel is Amerikkka's colony and base of operations in the middle east, full of nice people they want to support over the "obviously" much more violent, hateful native population. All this poo poo about trying to "reign in" Israel is pure theater, and is only happening because the empire is weakening and weakens further every second that shipping and other trade is delayed.

lobster shirt posted:

not sure this torah exegesis conversation is good or needs to continue
I mean, it's explicitly part of what Israel is using to justify their genocide. It's worth talking about in that context, isn't it?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raccooon posted:

Probably optics because on the same day the UN came out with a report saying that israel is doing a genocide

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

VoicesCanBe posted:

Not sure if this was posted yet. John Kirby stating outright that the security council resolution is "non-binding" and has "no impact on Israel at all"

By the way he's flat out lying. I know international law isn't a real thing but under international law, UN security council resolutions are in fact binding.
lol kirby is a war criminal and he never even left home lmao, that's some dedication

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

spotted in a recent Qassam tank attack video. these are 85mm F-7 rpgs from North Korea. F-7s have been seen in use since the start of the war, but this is the first time they’ve featured prominently in a communique, instead of the domestic Yassin 105mm.

confirmed that n Korea is supplying hamas with wallhacks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

It might be a fantasy but it would be litty if security council members started sanctioning the US & Israel.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

VoicesCanBe posted:

OK, do we actually know if this was a binding resolution or not? The news article I read yesterday explicitly said that it wasn't.

Though I guess it doesn't really matter either way. The UN making a big deal out of what is essentially an angry open letter to the editor is pretty common but so is the US just ignoring international law and doing whatever the gently caress it wants. Nothing is going to change either way. :shrug:

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
Kirby says it's non-binding, the UN says its as binding as anything the UN has ever done (that means it's as binding as people want it to be, they're being forced to deal with the fact that international law isn't a magical force enacted by god).

The other nations of the UN are going to have to start sanctioning Israel if they want it to be "binding" in any way, because the US is pretty openly saying that the UN can't really tell it what to do.

I doubt the UN will actually do anything to enforce it's will on this one but hey you never know.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the USA would veto any enforcement in the un

I’m interested to see if Brics becomes an alternative international org in this regard but probably isn’t going to happen right now

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
Most materialist thinkers in the world already knew that international law was just what the US says to do, but it's being stated more and more openly by the UN members itself at this point and a lot of these countries are going to have to make some actual public decisions and statements on this kind of thing at some point. I don't think brics is gonna replace the UN but it's probably going to keep getting a lot stronger due to this kind of thing.

I think in the long run it's probably good that Israel is ignoring everyone and making itself more and more of a pariah state, because i do think that eventually it's just going to collapse and fail entirely. Unfortunately that means that they're probably going to keep starving the entire population to death in the mean time, not that putting a stop to it by UN action was ever a real thing that was going to happen anyways.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the example of the netherlands trying to force through its f35 exports to israel despite its courts saying no

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Should be worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VtaKMoS-KE

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Flournival Dixon posted:

Most materialist thinkers in the world already knew that international law was just what the US says to do, but it's being stated more and more openly by the UN members itself at this point and a lot of these countries are going to have to make some actual public decisions and statements on this kind of thing at some point. I don't think brics is gonna replace the UN but it's probably going to keep getting a lot stronger due to this kind of thing.

I think in the long run it's probably good that Israel is ignoring everyone and making itself more and more of a pariah state, because i do think that eventually it's just going to collapse and fail entirely. Unfortunately that means that they're probably going to keep starving the entire population to death in the mean time, not that putting a stop to it by UN action was ever a real thing that was going to happen anyways.

I'm glad the bandage is being ripped off, not only in terms of Israel becoming another Rhodesia but showing what a sham the "Rules Based International Order" is.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

honestly I can't imagine how people could think trump winning is more terrifying than the precedent that would be set if joe biden won. can you imagine the democratic party moving forward knowing that they can literally commit a holocaust if the boogeyman on the republican side is scary enough? how in the gently caress is anybody going to feel safe after that? how is any progressive going to believe that the democratic agenda going forward would not be ""neoconservatism while ousting progressive democrats through AIPAC, and getting white nationalists elected on the other side to terrify the base into voting dem"?

Agreed. Rewarding Biden for supporting a genocide is a far worse precedent than Trump winning another term.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol at the new usa sanctions

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Yeah yeah yeah… but have you considered “Republicans bad” and “Rich orange man is actually poor and bad?”

The brain wash of America is impenetrable

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Flournival Dixon posted:

Yeah kind of my thinking in regards to BRICS as well. Probably not going to do anything now but just shifts power more to them as more countries start to look for an alternative to the US hegemony

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

VoicesCanBe posted:

Destroy Israel