Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

i hat edriving over that fuckin thing, it's terrifying

just wait til you have to drive under it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i went over that baltimore bridge once when i was a kid and remember my dad hating it. bridges shouldnt be so long. it was a monument to mans arrogance.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just drive around it

hell yeah then you can get some REAL mass casualty events hummin at the Bay Bridge lol

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/justin_fenton/status/1772668088703418610?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

healthcare ?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

hell yeah then you can get some REAL mass casualty events hummin at the Bay Bridge lol

rear end casualties at im gay bridge

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I learned while riding the high speed Amtrak rail this weekend that the average speed of the 150mph train is actually like 60mph for most of the trip because so much of the track is ancient and literally can't handle faster trains without disintegrating

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

just wait til you have to drive under it

no problem there, my car floats well enough to briefly serve as a boat. thrust via wheel rotation

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the milk machine posted:

.........are you under the impression that newport news virginia and baltimore are in the same place?

it was a joke

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"Federal government will pay for the entire cost of repairing the Key Bridge" who the gently caress else was gonna lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
in a khlav kalash voice

no prevention!

only treatment. TREATMENT

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

youre on your own maryland... papas got a ice cream cone to eat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Majorian posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

post hole digger posted:

"Federal government will pay for the entire cost of repairing the Key Bridge" who the gently caress else was gonna lmao

the company that owned Dali ??

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sorry east palestine, should have had your disaster during an election year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The basketball game I was watching last night announced one of the players was out due to a gambling investigation and then cut to a FanDuel ad followed by an ad for a Crypto ETF. Can I submit clips to Curtis for docs. How does he collect his footage lol.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: how can people look at the state of this country and not think we are damned

It's just failure after failure in an ever deepening spiral of poo poo

NinjaPaco
May 6, 2003
i have no idea what custom title should be
for comparison China built a loving 15 mile!!! long bridge, it took 6 years and cost about 7 billion
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/china-shenzhen-zhongshan-bridge-intl-hnk/index.html

also they build this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGYs71N72c

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

euphronius posted:

the company that owned Dali ??

they just totaled their ship they have enough going on right now.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the ship's GEICO rep is really sweating bullets rn

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

post hole digger posted:

Mexico

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

:lol: how can people look at the state of this country and not think we are damned

It's just failure after failure in an ever deepening spiral of poo poo

We are getting good at making art while unemployed

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

post hole digger posted:

Nobody wants to crowdfund anymore...

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
They're going to re-route pretty much everything they possibly can by rail to Philly or Charleston. Stuff destined for Baltimore will likely be pulled off at New York or Philly and then railed closer to destination and then trucked from the rail ramp. Yeah it'll strain a ton of those parts of the supply chain, but volumes are well off the huge peaks we saw in 2021-22 so there is vague slack in the system. The car and commuter traffic is screwed for sure. Bridge will get whacked up and dragged out of the way to open the shipping lane asap. Maybe some localized greedflation and some vague disruption. Not apocalyptic though. The bridge not being replaced will, of course, be another reminder of imperial collapse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

post hole digger posted:

they just totaled their ship they have enough going on right now.

the ship is absolutely not totaled lol. worst possible case scenario is that they have to cut off the bow section and put a new one on but i doubt the damage is that bad

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the captain scuttled the ship to avoid being held to account for his crimes, he belongs to the sea now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
how about point-to-point shipping across the bridge via spacex rockets

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

Rocket Ferry

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They're going to re-route pretty much everything they possibly can by rail to Philly or Charleston. Stuff destined for Baltimore will likely be pulled off at New York or Philly and then railed closer to destination and then trucked from the rail ramp. Yeah it'll strain a ton of those parts of the supply chain, but volumes are well off the huge peaks we saw in 2021-22 so there is vague slack in the system. The car and commuter traffic is screwed for sure. Bridge will get whacked up and dragged out of the way to open the shipping lane asap. Maybe some localized greedflation and some vague disruption. Not apocalyptic though. The bridge not being replaced will, of course, be another reminder of imperial collapse.

maybe theyll east palestine it and just set the bridge and boat on fire in place

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Majorian posted:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

the captain scuttled the ship to avoid being held to account for his crimes, he belongs to the sea now

Saluting from the top container as the ship slowly sinks into the channel

the channel is only dredged to like, halfway up the stack

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

the milk machine posted:

It's called the Hyperloop, it's branding, get it right.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NinjaPaco posted:

for comparison China built a loving 15 mile!!! long bridge, it took 6 years and cost about 7 billion
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/china-shenzhen-zhongshan-bridge-intl-hnk/index.html

also they build this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGYs71N72c

ah, an erection machine

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Where have you gone Do Not Eat? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

rex rabidorum vires posted:

yep

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

post hole digger posted:

States, counties and cities arguing over who has to pay to rebuild bridges is like a huge fight. There's a bridge in my area that two states, two counties and two cities are all fighting over who has to come up with the money to match the promised federal funding (that could easily be taken back). The fight's been going for like 20 years, too. It's an interstate interstate highway bridge too.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

All this talk of getting shipped, trucked, and railed is making this thread too hot.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

sullat posted:

States, counties and cities arguing over who has to pay to rebuild bridges is like a huge fight. There's a bridge in my area that two states, two counties and two cities are all fighting over who has to come up with the money to match the promised federal funding (that could easily be taken back). The fight's been going for like 20 years, too. It's an interstate interstate highway bridge too.

is this the i5 vancouver/portland bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Minera posted:

the only saving grace of the stores anymore is that most of them do the price tag thing that breaks down the price by weight/count, so you dont need to do any extra mental math to figure out if the 18.4 g product for 7.89 is cheaper than 12.2 g of product for 4.12. i dont even know if that's some thing they have to do by law or just something the stores do despite it probably costing them money lol
i expect this to go away some day

every single time i look at the unit cost tag at the grocery store, i wonder if it'll be the last time

just a strange thought