Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

efficient breach of the social contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Maybe Quebec and the Maritimes can figure something out because this entire Canada experiment didn't work out.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
CITIZEN, YOU APPEAR TO BE TIRED IN SPITE OF JUST RETURNING FROM YOUR 15 MINUTE BREAK. WOULD YOU CARE TO BE EUTHANIZED?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Like a year or two ago a guy made the news for signing up to die because he had Pooritis and people crowdfunded like fifty grand or whatever. And he was like yeah I won't let Trudeau kill me for now but this doesn't actually solve anything but the news just played it as a happy ending lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Applebees doesn’t open that early

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Wow canada is grim as hell

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
it's fine if people kill themselves. but if they do it with a gun or jumping off a building or something it's really dirty and people might have to see a dead body or something. That's why I support Nazi Canada

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Biplane posted:

Wow canada is grim as hell

"we're just doing a bit of homicide on our poor and vulnerable, okay there bud? don't get all fucky over it, eh"

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

America could never implement a program like that because it would involve government investment in healthcare.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imo a neoliberal state that was smart would legalize euthanasia but tie the process up in so much red tape and bureaucracy that everyone applying for it eventually just does it themselves, thus rendering any kind of culpability of the state totally void. ez pz

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DaysBefore posted:

Like a year or two ago a guy made the news for signing up to die because he had Pooritis and people crowdfunded like fifty grand or whatever. And he was like yeah I won't let Trudeau kill me for now but this doesn't actually solve anything but the news just played it as a happy ending lol

That came up in here and I remember a couple of the hosed up guys we have calling me a chud for thinking it was hosed up and for not being supportive of expanding state assisted suicide for any reason.

One of the canada mods swooped in to also affirm that assisted suicide should be available to everyone regardless of reason.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Entorwellian posted:

That diagnosis was originally the initial sell for MAID to the public, and in 8 short years were now using it to start a new eugenics program.

eugenics for poverty

rich genetics only

how many landlords are in your family line

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

imo a neoliberal state that was smart would legalize euthanasia but tie the process up in so much red tape and bureaucracy that everyone applying for it eventually just does it themselves, thus rendering any kind of culpability of the state totally void. ez pz

fentanyl…

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Pretty sure this is exactly what "Right to die" legislation is.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

"The choice to live or die with dignity is MV's alone to make."

Note that it is not her choice to live with dignity or die with dignity, as living with dignity is not a state-sponsored option here.

It's literally:

you can live (under whatever conditions you are willing to accept in hellworld)
you can die with dignity

:nsa:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Don't forget to add a large fee to apply for MAiD so we can generate some.passive income while burying the homeless in the woke mass grave

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trump stock is up 40% today as of this post https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DJT

YUP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
meme stock portfolio stays winning

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
what happens if you call the suicide hotline in Canada? Does it patch you through to one of the euthanasia doctors?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smythe posted:

meme stock portfolio stays winning

Congrats Smythe. Now I've got this bag here....

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Teledoc but for maid sounds like it would save a lot of money

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Press 1 if you want to live. Press 2 if you want to die

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

what happens if you call the suicide hotline in Canada? Does it patch you through to one of the euthanasia doctors?

Dunno (probably) but I do remember multiple veterans begging the government vet agency for more support and being told.to consider MAiD instead lmao

Apr 7, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

Dunno (probably) but I do remember multiple veterans begging the government vet agency for more support and being told.to consider MAiD instead lmao

That's insanely loving warped even to someone who's been reading cspam for years

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

euphronius posted:

Press 1 if you want to live as a dog. Press 2 if you want to die with dignity.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

euthan-eh-sia

Apr 7, 2003

"I served my country but life is becoming unbearable for me. Can you help?"
"Sure, go put your head in the oven" *click*

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

OH MY BAD posted:

boy it sure feels stupid to send all that money to israel now that we need 0.5% of it to rebuild that bridge

Bridges cost a heptillion dollars to build now

If they were ever gonna rebuild that bridge (they aren't) it's probably gonna be among the most expensive infrastructure improvements of all time

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Owned lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

Press 1 if you want to live. Press 2 if you want to die

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

Congrats Smythe. Now I've got this bag here....

i got rinsed on COIN, MOON, and some shitcoins so im barely in the green lifetime buy this trump scam stock is doing some very heavy lifting. now to hold this bag until it devalues completely. never realizing gains FTW

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

DaysBefore posted:

jfc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

That came up in here and I remember a couple of the hosed up guys we have calling me a chud for thinking it was hosed up and for not being supportive of expanding state assisted suicide for any reason.

One of the canada mods swooped in to also affirm that assisted suicide should be available to everyone regardless of reason.

the thing is, I don't think the underlying belief is unreasonable. I understand solely thinking about this in terms of Bodily Autonomy, it doesn't surprise me that people feel that way - but it's still a complete failure to consider the ways that this particular policy would intersect with Capitalist considerations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

the thing is, I don't think the underlying belief is unreasonable. I understand solely thinking about this in terms of Bodily Autonomy, it doesn't surprise me that people feel that way - but it's still a complete failure to consider the ways that this particular policy would intersect with Capitalist considerations.

Yes. There are a lot of "leftists" who really bang the drums for social issues like this, immigration, or schooling but don't understand those good intentions are paving the road to hell.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Bridges cost a heptillion dollars to build now

If they were ever gonna rebuild that bridge (they aren't) it's probably gonna be among the most expensive infrastructure improvements of all time

i generally think people might be underestimating the degree to which proximity of a problem to the dc-nyc corridor informs whether anything gets done about it

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
MAID exists in the US. A quality pistol costs less than an initial psychiatrist appointment. You have the right to either use it on yourself or present it to a police officer who will use his on you.

That’s real world data too, not conjecture or rhetoric. I was quoted 500 and they wouldn’t take my insurance despite the insurance referring me.

It is also the policy of the thread that you not kill yourself.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
you should be able to go to the doctor and get a prescription for money, like they just give you 10k or something

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

But W.V. believes his daughter "is vulnerable and is not competent to make the decision to take her own life," according to Feasby's summary of the father's position.

"He says that she is generally healthy and believes that her physical symptoms, to the extent that she has any, result from undiagnosed psychological conditions."

Her only known diagnoses described in court earlier this month are autism and ADHD.

well....i guess thanks canada for proving that humanity can't trusted with MAiD i suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

bulk bins stay winning, can't shrinkflate when it's sold by weight

:munches on oatmeal that is 80% sawdust and chlormequat:
drat, i messed up and tagged these pecans with the "conventional pecans" code and not "organic pecans" code