Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This same MP supports the closure of his local Uxbridge Library
https://twitter.com/tuckwell_steve/status/1772955631240036725

e: 105 is the emergency telephone number in Mongolia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

bessantj posted:

Embarrassed myself in Aldi today. I was listening to the audio book version of Garth Marenghi's Terrortome and while deciding on which ham I wanted (eventually went for French Torchon Ham) I burst out laughing.

Also if I was one of those that "couldn't speak" I don't think I would want Lozza doing it for me.

oh i own that, this happens to me on a regular basis

the worst was years ago i was belting out some song in my car as i pulled up at the end of a parking lot only to realize the lady like three spots down is sitting in her car

she just busted out laughing and gave me a thumbs up lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Steve Tuck well wants a fish and chip shop? Are you sure this isn't a TBEU character

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i saw the picture before i read the text and as i scrolled i was mildly concerned as to what this was going to be

No ring, either way. :v:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
*Pulls the string on the back of a Tory*

"Stop-the-boats Stop-the-boats stop-the-b"

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

fuctifino posted:

Boris Johnson’s replacement finally tackling the big problems.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

fuctifino posted:

Keir Mather is now a loving Labour whip

I thought whips were meant to be bullies with the power to threaten and intimidate?....
This is his final level, he has evolved to be the Ultimate Prefect

Trying posted:

guess its time to pay the piper

:discourse:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bessantj posted:

Embarrassed myself in Aldi today. I was listening to the audio book version of Garth Marenghi's Terrortome and while deciding on which ham I wanted (eventually went for French Torchon Ham) I burst out laughing.

lol I learned not to listen to the Athletico Mince podcast in the office, some of the stuff on there I had to duck behind my monitor and try and get my laughs out as a kind of wheeze.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mediaphage posted:

the worst was years ago i was belting out some song in my car as i pulled up at the end of a parking lot only to realize the lady like three spots down is sitting in her car

Same. When I'm out running I'll either be chuckling to a podcast or maybe humming/singing along to a song or mimeing a few cymbal hits at crucial moments - it's probably kinda startling to have a big musical man barreling past you but I don't give a shite

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wish my mum was still alive so that she could see headlines like this in her favourite newspaper
https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1772968454292722117

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The degenerate within me sees that and wants to put a fiver on a Tory return just in case Keith gets caught loving a dead XL Bully before election day

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
they say rishi is the one percent though LOL :dadjoke:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

they say rishi is the one percent though LOL :dadjoke:

That's height percentile

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If anyone can gently caress this at the last minute it's sir Ken Stonger KC.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Failed Imagineer posted:

The degenerate within me sees that and wants to put a fiver on a Tory return just in case Keith gets caught loving a dead XL Bully before election day

Betfair only have 10/1 which is crap.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Starbucks posted:

Betfair only have 10/1 which is crap.

Ah yeah gently caress that then lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1772872668636704939

Lozza's going to get in the sea

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It always baffled me that some so-called Marxist-Leninist countries had such a thing against jeans.

Like yeah you can hate Levi and Wrangler for being big western capitalists, but if you can hire Henry Ford to tell you how to make cars quickly, you can copy the idea of durable trousers for manual workers and field engineers.

I've worn jeans for about every proper job (in the Marxian sense) I've worked, only fake jobs for the advancement of cunty nonsense had me dressing like

keep punching joe posted:

Let he who has never banged a line cast the first... nah wait. People who love ching shouldn't throw stones... that doesn't work either.

Beholdest the gramme that is in your nose before considering the bump in thy wife's.
People with glass pipes shouldn't smoke rocks.

mediaphage posted:

i saw the picture before i read the text and as i scrolled i was mildly concerned as to what this was going to be

its a huge cock, op

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

its a huge cock, op

No it's not. But it's definitely a close-up photo of a big Bell-end.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jeans are poo poo, let me tell you about these linen coats...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Anyone who thinks that people dressed like this are agents of the bourgeois western imperialist agenda

and people dressed like this are the true vanguard of the proletariat

definitely has pudding brains.

Half my wardrobe is still decadent imperialist jeans and Dickies shirts because they last forever.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Anyone who thinks that people dressed like this are agents of the bourgeois western imperialist agenda

Half my wardrobe is still decadent imperialist jeans and Dickies shirts because they last forever.

i still wear my overalls all winter because theyre comfortable and warm. i can wear fleece under and a sweater over top and it's just slightly baggy jeans

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

you need to find the pic of the chinese PM who wears suit trousers so baggy he looks like MC hammer but middle aged and chinese

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Aww, this is nice.

https://x.com/leftiestats/status/1772953903870451829?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Readers of I/P stuff will recognise Ghassan as a Palestinian surgeon who had a particularly heroic (and traumatic) career during the Gaza genocide before being forced to evacuate.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

mediaphage posted:

I don't think it helps that I only wear one ear bud some people on my right don't see that I'm listening to something.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I learned not to listen to the Athletico Mince podcast in the office, some of the stuff on there I had to duck behind my monitor and try and get my laughs out as a kind of wheeze.

I do try and keep it to a very quiet murmur and hope that people don't notice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We regret to tell you that Labour Friends of Israel have found that all of Glasgow is wall to wall antisemites.

Except the Orange Order man who said that Jews should go back to Jerusalem, he was simply expressing support for the birthright program.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Darth Walrus posted:

Aww, this is nice.

https://x.com/leftiestats/status/1772953903870451829?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Readers of I/P stuff will recognise Ghassan as a Palestinian surgeon who had a particularly heroic (and traumatic) career during the Gaza genocide before being forced to evacuate.

Haha Paul Sweeney get hosed :sickos:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I always thought those blue cotton suits worn by the Chinese throughout the Mao years were made of denim.

Interesting article:

Mao suit

quote:

The 'Mao suit': how a military-style uniform changed the face of China – and clothed Australian prisoners during the Korean War

Darth Walrus posted:

Aww, this is nice.

Yes.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 27, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I always thought those blue cotton suits worn by the Chinese throughout the Mao years were made of denim.
If you put rivets on the pockets (for carrying heavy objects) and additional belt loops (for hooking more tools) then they apparently cause people to become anti working class, listen to Elvis, and join the CIA, rather than what I expected which is that they'd carry more tools around and scuff their knees less.

Maybe it's that little pocket that does it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
hairnet, tartan shopping trolley and wee fleecy boots w/ zips up the front is my look, dearies

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Haha Paul Sweeney get hosed :sickos:

Hah, exactly my reaction. Humiliating defeat for loser Sweeney

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1772678660207624233

Keir Mather is now a loving Labour whip

I thought whips were meant to be bullies with the power to threaten and intimidate?....

Yes. He's loving up badly :allears:

I was disappointed that @Gen_Kitchen_MP is not, in fact, the twitter of the late General Kitchener and is in fact somebody named "Gen Kitchen"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Genevieve Victoria Kitchen, a real person and not a shop that sells expensive Agas. Brother is called Armitage Shanks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She should go about the place with the kitchener moustache though, good for branding.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guavanaut posted:

If you put rivets on the pockets (for carrying heavy objects) and additional belt loops (for hooking more tools) then they apparently cause people to become anti working class, listen to Elvis, and join the CIA, rather than what I expected which is that they'd carry more tools around and scuff their knees less.

Maybe it's that little pocket that does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alageedEW80

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She seems to have been part of the contingent who joined Labour under Corbyn though?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Just saw Peter Mandelson walking across London Bridge. At least I'm pretty sure it was him. I kinda thought he was powerful and hated enough that he wouldn't be out and about by himself like that.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
tristram shitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/24/playground-bullies-do-prosper-and-go-on-to-earn-more-in-middle-age

quote:

Playground bullies do prosper – and go on to earn more in middle age
Five-decade UK study finds that aggression at school leads to better-paying jobs, while those with emotional instability went on to earn less

Playground bullies do prosper – and go on to earn more in middle age
Five-decade UK study finds that aggression at school leads to better-paying jobs, while those with emotional instability went on to earn less

Children who displayed aggressive behaviour at school, such as bullying or temper outbursts, are likely to earn more money in middle age, according to a five-decade study that upends the maxim that bullies do not prosper.

They are also more likely to have higher job satisfaction and be in more desirable jobs, say researchers from the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Essex.

The paper, published today, used data about almost 7,000 people born in 1970 whose lives have been tracked by the British Cohort Study. The research team examined data from primary school teachers who assessed the children’s social and emotional skills when they were 10 years old in 1980, and matched it to their lives at the age of 46 in 2016.

etc

explains it - short-rear end brother who was a bully at school is now known as Tory Boy & is pretty wealthy (compared with the rest of the family and almost everyone else I know!).
Tallest brother who, when ordering orange squash or something in a bar, was often challenged in pubs by short-rear end drunks to 'fight' would just say "Sorry, I'm a wimp" and refuse to partake has spent most of his life scraping a living!