Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gripweed posted:

What the hell, where is this new Jenny Nicholson content coming from?
her Patreon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gripweed posted:

Since when was there a second season?

Right now

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Working as a translator on a game is cool but it sure is eating up a lot of my free time to actually play games myself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just Zero Wing it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Diablo iv releases tomorrow on game pass. Have the updates meaningfully improved it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
No

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Rinkles posted:

Diablo iv releases tomorrow on game pass. Have the updates meaningfully improved it?

It's better, but there are even more updates / changes coming in Season 4 that should make it much better. Probably. BUT they also delayed Season 4 to May.

If it's your first time playing, going through the campaign then tackling some of the seasonal content will give you plenty to do, if the gameplay grabs you anyway. The endgame is still the big sticking point. It's better than it was, and there's more "stuff" to do, but it's kind of clunky and still relies on Nightmare Dungeons too much. The current seasonal gimmick, Vaults, were annoying but then they got nerfed so they're pretty mindless loot tunnels now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They can steal as much as they want from better ARPGs like Last Epoch but they can't exactly patch in more creativity or "having an actual vision for the game."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

are the controller controls decent?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yeah

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

EA games have incredible price depreciation.

NFS Unbound came out just over a year ago. Like they didn't get the memo that the goldrush era Steam sales were supposedly bad business.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S WHAT I'VE WANTED SINCE THE drat GAME CAME OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3svmrkl3_M&hd=1

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION! and crashed ships can be harvested for parts to customize your ship!!!! Yeeeessssss

All the other stuff is neat too but gets completely eclipsed by ship building!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wish it'd go lower than $44 AUD
I'd def grab it with how good it looks these days

In Disco Elysium news, Kim is the best and I wish to annoy them at every possible opportunity.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://x.com/AngieM_Z/status/1504612823896399872?s=20

Half-Light, my precious smiley boy who is always right and good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION! and crashed ships can be harvested for parts to customize your ship!!!! Yeeeessssss

Hell yeah I kinda thought they deliberately never gave us the option as a core design choice. This is rad!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.einpresswire.com/article/698511180/bill-roper-opens-a-new-hellgate

New Hellgate: London game announced from the series creator

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
No Man's Sky, the game I play for a week every few months and think "I should really get into this more" and then never do. Going on 8 years strong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Didn't the original Hellgate shutdown pretty much months after it launched?

I vaguely recall they had a bunch of server issues constantly

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Finally, people who bought the $200 lifetime subscription to Hellgate London can cash in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

are the controller controls decent?

the controller support is about the only good thing about diablo 4.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
"other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

exquisite tea posted:

Finally, people who bought the $200 lifetime subscription to Hellgate London can cash in.

It's me, I bought it. Don't think I'll ever play a Bill Roper game again after that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Marvel a la Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Fifteen minutes in and boy howdy things go south for our heroes real fast in A Plague Tale: Innocence.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
spoiler alert: you will be saying that every 15 minutes for the whole rest of the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol another live service Marvel game that no one will play.

[edit]
Holy poo poo you're not joking about this being Overwatch. The art style is so blatant.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

skeletronics posted:

It's me, I bought it. Don't think I'll ever play a Bill Roper game again after that.

You should still try to cash in on it, just to see what they say

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Captain Invictus posted:

Khanstant posted:

Hell yeah I kinda thought they deliberately never gave us the option as a core design choice. This is rad!

Holy poo poo, I also thought this was a core choice, like Souls not giving you difficult options. Super glad to see it changed, it was so jarring that you could build entire structures from nothing, but couldn't like swap out the wingtips of your fighter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I said come in! posted:

lol another live service Marvel game that no one will play.

[edit]
Holy poo poo you're not joking about this being Overwatch. The art style is so blatant.

Saw someone mention that Netease was working on a mobile port for OW before they cut ties with Blizzard, so this is probably just them literally reusing their work from that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Saw someone mention that Netease was working on a mobile port for OW before they cut ties with Blizzard, so this is probably just them literally reusing their work from that.

Making it look and play like Overwatch, when no one cares about Overwatch, is a terrible idea. I don't see this game surviving, especially under NetEase.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Making it look and play like Overwatch, when no one cares about Overwatch, is a terrible idea. I don't see this game surviving, especially under NetEase.

I think the key there is that people want to care about Overwatch but Blizzard has own-goaled so often and repeatedly that someone is trying to find a way to fill the same market Overwatch did beforehand.

I doubt Netease are the ones to do it but it genuinely makes sense to go for "Hey, what if Overwatch but not a constant fuckup"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

it absolutely was, there's a lot of logic around what kind of ships spawn where that makes ship hunting a viable repeatable thing. but also they are, extremely willing to gently caress things up to keep nms interesting year to year and this is a corner of the game they haven't touched yet

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rinkles posted:

Marvel a la Overwatch

Aw hell, it's NetEase again.

If you've forgotten, they're the ones who absolutely bunged up the monetization on Diablo Immortal.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When you spend $80k to get Dr Strange to max level but your teammates still won't touch the point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Was Netease the one that tried to license elden ring to make a gacha version

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

quote:

Hellgate: London is an influential game that was ahead of its time in numerous ways. It pioneered the Looter Shooter genre, featuring randomly generated levels that demanded a proprietary 3D engine with real-time lighting support, and employed a business model that was unique at the time, now widely recognized as a Battle Pass.

I guess in retrospect it did succeed in opening the gate to hell, if nothing else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was Netease the one that tried to license elden ring to make a gacha version

That was TenCent. But NetEase is one of those companies that tries to do this for every other major I.P. too.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

haveblue posted:

spoiler alert: you will be saying that every 15 minutes for the whole rest of the game

Lordy we’ve got rats now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

it absolutely was, there's a lot of logic around what kind of ships spawn where that makes ship hunting a viable repeatable thing. but also they are, extremely willing to gently caress things up to keep nms interesting year to year and this is a corner of the game they haven't touched yet

I think that's cool to tinker with as the game goes on, they've also added a lot of stuff to do since the original version and that loop of exploring to find new ships waned since you have other things to pull you around.

Plus once you metagame a bit, the randomization becomes more like just trying to find if someone else bothered to note where X ship in your themed fleet colours spawns and camp out at a landing bay for however long waiting for it to spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Holy poo poo, they brought back Galacta.